Liam Neeson involved in race row Watch

generallee
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
This so typifies the lefty thought process.

1. Neeson is rich. That's bad because lots of people are poor.

2. Neeson is successful and famous. That's bad because I'm not and it makes me jealous.

3. Neeson is white. That's bad because white privilege.

4. Neeson is a guy. That's bad because in seeking to avenge a friend's "honour" who had been raped he represents oppressive, antediluvian male patriachy.

5. Neeson has committed a thoughtcrime. That's bad because we judge putative intentions not outcomes. Thoughts not deeds.

6. Neeson has thought about harming a black person years and years ago and is now ashamed. That's bad because racism and because no-one can ever be given redemption for a past sin they have repented for. We judge everyone for past actions by the standards of the present. Even if dead for centuries.

7. Neeson hasn't actually done anything. That's bad because we really want to publicly defenestrate him and ruin his life, so we will do it anyway to signal our virtue and show how morally superior and "woke", WE are. Also pour encourager les autres. We don't want anyone else to think unacceptable thoughts and then voice them.

I am encouraged by the push back to the lefties on this thread. The silent majority are starting to get less silent. A few years ago this thread would have been full of SJW's desperate to be publicly outraged. Now they actually seem to be in a minority.
Andrew97
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by DSilva)
Well it does. Because as usual, certain people respond to any clearly racist comment by saying 'if he'd said white/pink/ tall there would be no issue...'

He chose to say black because he wanted to murder a black person for being black because of racist stereotypes he believed.
Or he chose black because a black man raped his friend? This wasn’t random was it. It is a fair comparison to compare reactions between stories.

He is clearly ashamed of his actions and it took balls to admit that, he could have easily kept it quiet and nobody would have been none the wiser.
DSilva
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Except he didnt do anything because no one attacked or provoked him, therefore he didnt commit a crime.
If he had gone out and was in the act of attacking someone, but was rugby tackled by a policeman, then that would have been an attempt.
Thats how it works.

Its been explaiend enough times to you now that you are being wilful about it so its pretty pointless explaining to you.
If hed said soem other characteristsic you wouldnt be arguing about it.
So would it be fine for a person to try and kidnap a kid who wandered into his path. but faied because none came near him? Would that absolutely okay?

Is planning and going out with the intention of carrying out a racist murder fine so long as you don't succeed in provoking someone to give you an excuse to attack them?
username4477046
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by mgi)
Silly remark
I apologise Mr Shank before you shank me
DSilva
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
Or he chose black because a black man raped his friend? This wasn’t random was it. It is a fair comparison to compare reactions between stories.

He is clearly ashamed of his actions and it took balls to admit that, he could have easily kept it quiet and nobody would have been none the wiser.
That would make it understandable to want to get revenge on the person who did it. It doesn't make it understandable for him to plan and seek 'revenge' on a random, innocent person just because they happen to share a racial characteristic with the person who attacked his friend.

If a black person attacked your friend, would it be okay to want to kill a random innocent black person because of it?

I'm not sure why saying you think racist murder is bad is somehow worthy of respect.
username4477046
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by generallee)
This so typifies the lefty thought process.

1. Neeson is rich. That's bad because lots of people are poor.

2. Neeson is successful and famous. That's bad because I'm not and it makes me jealous.

3. Neeson is white. That's bad because white privilege.

4. Neeson is a guy. That's bad because in seeking to avenge a friend's "honour" who had been raped he represents oppressive, antediluvian male patriachy.

5. Neeson has committed a thoughtcrime. That's bad because we judge putative intentions not outcomes. Thoughts not deeds.

6. Neeson has thought about harming a black person years and years ago and is now ashamed. That's bad because racism and because no-one can ever be given redemption for a past sin they have repented for. We judge everyone for past actions by the standards of the present. Even if dead for centuries.

7. Neeson hasn't actually done anything. That's bad because we really want to publicly defenestrate him and ruin his life, so we will do it anyway to signal our virtue and show how morally superior and "woke", WE are. Also pour encourager les autres. We don't want anyone else to think unacceptable thoughts and then voice them.

I am encouraged by the push back to the lefties on this thread. The silent majority are starting to get less silent. A few years ago this thread would have been full of SJW's desperate to be publicly outraged. Now they actually seem to be in a minority.
These mad liberals are one step away from throwing petrol bombs at Posters of Taken 3. Liam didn't do anything, he explained his past. "thought crime"
ChaoticButterfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Obolinda)
Wat about me.☹
Are you genX?

Grunge is my face genre of music and style. Early 90s had best alternative music rebelion.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
That would make it understandable to want to get revenge on the person who did it. It doesn't make it understandable for him to plan and seek 'revenge' on a random, innocent person just because they happen to share a racial characteristic with the person who attacked his friend.

If a black person attacked your friend, would it be okay to want to kill a random innocent black person because of it?

I'm not sure why saying you think racist murder is bad is somehow worthy of respect.
When something terrible happens to somebody you love, people do not think rationally. I probably wouldn’t try to kill anayone, I’d probably phone the police. However I cannot predict how I would react in a situation like that.

Last time i checked he didn’t kill anyone, so there is no racist murder to speak of.

The only criminal here is the disgusting rapist, who seems to be getting a free pass because a celebrity did not react rationally to some terrible news.
Last edited by Andrew97; 2 weeks ago
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Report 2 weeks ago
So would it be fine for a person to try and kidnap a kid who wandered into his path. but faied because none came near him? Would that absolutely okay?

Is planning and going out with the intention of carrying out a racist murder fine so long as you don't succeed in provoking someone to give you an excuse to attack them?
Go and look up attempt.

Do you honestly think there would be such outrage if the target person had been Chinese?

I notice theres hardly any mention of the actual victim the woman that got raped just lost of outrage.
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Report 2 weeks ago

You are failing to understand what he said plus adding your own spin to it.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
You are being deliberately dim and failing to understand what he said plus adding your own spin to it.
PRSOM
DSilva
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
When something terrible happens to somebody you love, people do not think rationally. I probably wouldn’t try to kill anayone, I’d probably phone the police. However I cannot predict how I would react in a situation like that.

Last time i checked he didn’t kill anyone, so there is no racist murder to speak of.

The only criminal here is the disgusting rapist, who seems to be getting a free pass because a celebrity did not react rationally to some terrible news.
No one is saying he did kill anyone. Strawman.

People are saying wanting to, and planning on killing someone just because they were black is horrific and there is no excuse or justification for it.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
No one is saying he did kill anyone. Strawman.

People are saying wanting to, and planning on killing someone just because they were black is horrific and there is no excuse or justification for it.
Are you deliberately ignoring me now?

Any thoughts on the actual victim in this case? Or we going to continue slamming Neeson for something he considered doing 20 years ago?
Last edited by Andrew97; 2 weeks ago
DSilva
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Go and look up attempt.

Do you honestly think there would be such outrage if the target person had been Chinese?

I notice theres hardly any mention of the actual victim the woman that got raped just lost of outrage.
Nice strawman. I haven't said he should be convicted of anything.

I'm saying wanting to kill someone and actually planning to do it, as he admits, simply because they were black is horrifically racist and inexcusable.

Of course it would be equally racist if someone wanted to kill a random Chinese person, simply because an unconnected Chinese person attacked a friend.
generallee
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
And I am not sure why you are failing to differentiate between a racist murder and thinking about one.

If everyone in a marriage was accused of adultery because they looked at someone very attractive of the opposite sex and wanted to shag them, the divorce courts would be very busy indeed.

Can't you see that the only real victim here was the woman who was raped? Why don't you voice some outrage on her behalf?
DSilva
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Are you deliberately ignoring me now?

Any thoughts on the actual victim in this case? Or we going to continue slamming Neeson for something he considered doing 20 years ago?
Obviously incredible sympathy for her and let's hope the actual perpetrator got what he deserved.

That in no way justifies or excuses wanting to kill a random black person just because he was the same race as the perpetrator.
Trinculo
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I cannot fathom why anyone would think of defending Liam Neeson over this.

He should be a total pariah.

But for some reason, people want to make excuses for him.

In the States, we had people not a fortnight ago tearing apart some kid because he smiled.

Liam Neeson said that he went around looking to murder the first black man he found. That he said he's sorry means nothing to me - he's done some crazy racist stuff.
DSilva
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You are being deliberately dim and failing to understand what he said plus adding your own spin to it.
I know what he said. That because of what happened to his friend he wanted to kill any black person, just because they were the same race as the perpetrator.

Again, it's entirely understandable to want revenge on the person who carried out the attack. It isn't to want 'revenge' on someone who had nothing to do with it just because they were the same race.
username4477046
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Not sure who is more dangerous. Liam who didn't know who the rapist was and wanted to hurt someone randomly. Or these Liberals who want hurt Liam just because he thought about it
Mister Fantastic
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
John Barnes: "Liam deserves a medal."

That bamboozled the news anchors and radio presenters this afternoon.

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (42)
11.97%
Yes - a food allergy (39)
11.11%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (11)
3.13%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
2.56%
No (250)
71.23%

Watched Threads