The Student Room Group

ex girlfriend lied about being in Hospital

Need some advice. My ex girlfriend (the dumper) only yesterday evening told me that she was in hospital and then blocked me (this was on Facebook messenger). I'm blocked from other social media aswell as well as phone calls/texts. Anyway as I've said after she told me she was in hospital she blocked me. Naturally I still care for her, can't just shut off my feelings instantly so I sent her an email (I made a new account) just basically asking if she was okay and why she was in hospital. No reply.
This morning, I phoned the hospital's (the two main in her area) and she hadn't been admitted to hospital. So why in the world did she lie and tell me that she was in hospital when she clearly wasn't/isn't. I created a new Facebook this morning (now deactivated) and basically told her that I know she was lying and for someone who doesn't like liars she's done just that. I blocked her on that before deactivating because now she has lied to me I don't want nothing more to do with her (which will be hard not to contact her).
But I'm just stumped as to why she would lie in the first place esp when she hates liars and gets really angry if anyone lies to her. What was she trying to gain by telling me she was in hospital? didn't she think that she'd get found out. If she told me she was in hospital and clearly wasn't does she still have feelings for me or is it just head games.
Sorry for the rant but it's just frustrating.
Original post by scousejamesy87
Need some advice. My ex girlfriend (the dumper) only yesterday evening told me that she was in hospital and then blocked me (this was on Facebook messenger). I'm blocked from other social media aswell as well as phone calls/texts. Anyway as I've said after she told me she was in hospital she blocked me. Naturally I still care for her, can't just shut off my feelings instantly so I sent her an email (I made a new account) just basically asking if she was okay and why she was in hospital. No reply.
This morning, I phoned the hospital's (the two main in her area) and she hadn't been admitted to hospital. So why in the world did she lie and tell me that she was in hospital when she clearly wasn't/isn't. I created a new Facebook this morning (now deactivated) and basically told her that I know she was lying and for someone who doesn't like liars she's done just that. I blocked her on that before deactivating because now she has lied to me I don't want nothing more to do with her (which will be hard not to contact her).
But I'm just stumped as to why she would lie in the first place esp when she hates liars and gets really angry if anyone lies to her. What was she trying to gain by telling me she was in hospital? didn't she think that she'd get found out. If she told me she was in hospital and clearly wasn't does she still have feelings for me or is it just head games.
Sorry for the rant but it's just frustrating.

How do you know she could have only been admitted to those 2 hospitals? Is it impossible for her to be in a different area and different hospital?
Original post by DrawTheLine
How do you know she could have only been admitted to those 2 hospitals? Is it impossible for her to be in a different area and different hospital?

Would be highly unlikely considering it was a school night and she's got 2 kids in school and them two are the only 2 hospitals around her area apart from a a mental hospital although I doubt she'd have been in there.
Sounds like attention seeking, you need to move on.
Would be highly unlikely considering it was a school night and she's got 2 kids in school and them two are the only 2 hospitals around her area apart from a a mental hospital although I doubt she'd have been in there.

I would consider all the possibilities before you go around creating fake accounts accusing her of lying, as that's pretty crappy on your part. If you can, get a hold of her and ask her to tell you what happened. But don't assume she's automatically lying, unless she has a history of lying about things like this.

Could one of her kids have been in hospital instead and that's what she meant? Or another of her family members? Sometimes people don't type explicitly if they're distressed. So when she said she's in hospital, maybe she meant she's with someone who is unwell.
Original post by DrawTheLine
I would consider all the possibilities before you go around creating fake accounts accusing her of lying, as that's pretty crappy on your part. If you can, get a hold of her and ask her to tell you what happened. But don't assume she's automatically lying, unless she has a history of lying about things like this.

Could one of her kids have been in hospital instead and that's what she meant? Or another of her family members? Sometimes people don't type explicitly if they're distressed. So when she said she's in hospital, maybe she meant she's with someone who is unwell

I understand what you are saying but I had no choice to create a "fake" account because it was the only way to contact her. She had blocked me on absolutely everything so I didn't know what else to do. As I've said I can't just turn off my feelings (I wish I could like) and when she said that she was in hospital, she meant herself I started to worry that she had been hurt or something. She lives in a small town with only her kids, her family live away so I know it wouldn't have been family members. She's got limited friends as well but she wouldn't have told me it was one of her friends who were in hospital she clearly said it was her. But when I phoned both of the hospitals that were in her area both hospitals confirmed that she hadn't been there nor had she been admitted
Original post by Decahedron
Sounds like attention seeking, you need to move on.

Oh I am now, to lie about being in hospital when clearly not isn't nice to play with people's emotions.
Oh I am now, to lie about being in hospital when clearly not isn't nice to play with people's emotions.

She sounds like a ****y person.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending