Karl Marx's memorial has been vandilised Watch

ChaoticButterfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Libtardian)
The EU was the Nazis post war idea for Europe...
I expect nothing less from someone with such an exquisite choice in username.
SCIENCE :D
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
shame they didn't topple it.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Just wait until they erect that statue of Margaret Thatcher in Grantham.
AperfectBalance
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
I expect nothing less from someone with such an exquisite choice in username.
they are right though, the EU is just another tool for German domination of Europe although this time it looks like Germany might destroy themselves before they destroy us.
Just my opinion
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by AperfectBalance)
they are right though, the EU is just another tool for German domination of Europe although this time it looks like Germany might destroy themselves before they destroy us.
Once more in our 2000 yr of history the English Channel saves our bacon, ( for now)

I wonder if the Marx defiler's were the same crew that defiled the bomber command statue?
AperfectBalance
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Just my opinion)
Once more in our 2000 yr of history the English Channel saves our bacon, ( for now)

I wonder if the Marx defiler's were the same crew that defiled the bomber command statue?
It is not just our island fortress that we should be thanking, it is the British as a whole, three times within around 200 years have we saved Europe (and by extension the world) from sure destruction, we have given everything we had and in return been given very little, it is our time now to defeat the Germans once again and save europe once again
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
You do realise the Germans lost the war?
Occitanie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Oh how horrible...

Spoiler:
Show
Good riddance.
AperfectBalance
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You do realise the Germans lost the war?
Overall hardly, they regained their strength and are doing the one thing they are good at, distruction
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
Overall hardly, they regained their strength and are doing the one thing they are good at, distruction
You are a tool.
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Under the banner of Karl Marx's ideals, millions of people have been slaughtered.

That being said, I certainly do condemn people who would do something like this. People shouldn't be vandalising graves under any circumstances and I don't think I should have to personally agree with everything everyone commemorated in a monument has done.
generallee
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don't support the desecration of graves however awful the man or woman it contains, and Marx was one of the worst men who ever lived, responsible for the deaths of millions, and the destroyed lives of many millions more. The latest example being in Venuzuela.

Gotta laugh at the outrage of the lefties on here, all the same. And the karma. What goes around comes around, guys, you tear down and deface statues of dead white men and the grave of one of your own dead white men will get defaced in its turn.
AperfectBalance
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by generallee)
I don't support the desecration of graves however awful the man or woman it contains, and Marx was one of the worst men who ever lived, responsible for the deaths of millions, and the destroyed lives of many millions more. The latest example being in Venuzuela.

Gotta laugh at the outrage of the lefties on here, all the same. And the karma. What goes around comes around, guys, you tear down and deface statues of dead white men and the grave of one of your own dead white men will get defaced in its turn.
The Majority of the left: "Sure communism did kill a lot of people BUT (Insert leftist lie) and it was not real marxism
The Majority of the left: "OMG SOME STATUE WAS DESTROYED THE NAZIS ARE BACK EVERYONE RUN"
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Underscore__)
You mean like the bird?

As for the OP: I’m not going to support criminal damage but I’m also not going to pretend that Marx deserves a memorial as though he’s a person to be celebrated.
Marx was one of the truly great thinkers of the last 1000 years, he deserves a very large and prominent statue in central London and not just a grave marker. We should be proud that he worked here in London and it wouldn't be a bad idea to honour that more, for example, we could rename Oxford St as Karl Marx Avenue, or Buckingham Palace Rd could more appropriately become Marx-Engels Boulevard.

This would find favour across the country.
AperfectBalance
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
Marx was one of the truly great thinkers of the last 1000 years, he deserves a very large and prominent statue in central London and not just a grave marker. We should be proud that he worked here in London and it wouldn't be a bad idea to honour that more, for example, we could rename Oxford St as Karl Marx Avenue, or Buckingham Palace Rd could more appropriately become Marx-Engels Boulevard.

He really was not a good thinker he just came up with a bunch of good sounding but economically and socially impossible things and wrote about them, getting very very very lucky to catch any mainstream attention to due to Russia being a political mess. It is the same as me going "We should invent a device that lets us get infinite energy" and then me getting the credit for being some visionary. He deserves nothing, no grave no statue. His memory should only live on through his vile ideology I would also rather die than have such disgusting things happen to Britain
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

a certain famous shop could be renamed Marx & Spengler's
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
this was a quiz question on RTL today. none of the French panellists got it right :teehee:
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by the bear)
a certain famous shop could be renamed Marx & Spengler's
Yes! Opposite Selfishes.
Tootles
Report 1 week ago
Karl Marx's memorial has been vandalised! It looks like someone has had a go at it with a hammer. It's a Grade I-listed monument; this is no way to treat our heritage. @MarxLibrary @HeritageCrime We will repair as far as possible.

https://twitter.com/HighgateCemeter/...12612683542529

:rip:
Our heritage?
Underscore__
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

I’m sure I’ve seen you post before, I’d never realised you troll so often
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (42)
11.97%
Yes - a food allergy (39)
11.11%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (11)
3.13%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
2.56%
No (250)
71.23%

Watched Threads