The Student Room Group

Crown Prosecution Legal Trainee Scheme 2019

Application is open, the games begin!

Just passed the SJT, skin of my teeth, now on to the VRT.

Good luck everyone!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by HarryJ36
Application is open, the games begin!

Just passed the SJT, skin of my teeth, now on to the VRT.

Good luck everyone!

How did you find the SJT HarryJ36? It's definitely never been my stronger point, hence me dragging my feet a little and doing lots of practice ones online! 🙈 Good luck with VRT
Reply 2
Original post by Trixom
How did you find the SJT HarryJ36? It's definitely never been my stronger point, hence me dragging my feet a little and doing lots of practice ones online! 🙈 Good luck with VRT

It was ok - I suck at them because clearly there isn’t one way to judge a situation and one person’s “most correct way” will be different to another’s.

That said - I passed it.

And then I passed the VRT -which is another test I passed by the skin of my teeth. I’m usually good at VRTs, but not the civil service one apparently. I’d love to see the model answers hahaha.

My pass on the VRT is so marginal that I won’t be invited to do the VI I don’t think - there are bound to a load of folks who score way above my threshold.
It was ok - I suck at them because clearly there isn’t one way to judge a situation and one person’s “most correct way” will be different to another’s.

That said - I passed it.

And then I passed the VRT -which is another test I passed by the skin of my teeth. I’m usually good at VRTs, but not the civil service one apparently. I’d love to see the model answers hahaha.

My pass on the VRT is so marginal that I won’t be invited to do the VI I don’t think - there are bound to a load of folks who score way above my threshold.

What would you define as marginal? (I am not necessarily requesting that you inform me of your relative score).
Reply 4
Original post by Delphicyute
What would you define as marginal? (I am not necessarily requesting that you inform me of your relative score).

I think if you score better than 40% of the folks who have taken the test that’s pretty marginal.
Reply 5

That said - I passed it.

Have you heard anything back yet HarryJ36??
Reply 6
Original post by Trixom
Have you heard anything back yet HarryJ36??

My app is on hold whilst they make a decision - no doubt they are waiting until 3 March to give me the bad news.
Reply 7
Got through to the VI 😃
Got through to the VI 😃

Nice. I got through too. Just wondering on how best to prepare for the video interview...

I'm assuming that a question focused on the demonstration of a 'Behaviour' will be included; as well as the standard 'why do you want to be a prosecutor?'

Any thoughts?
Reply 9
Nice. I got through too. Just wondering on how best to prepare for the video interview...

I'm assuming that a question focused on the demonstration of a 'Behaviour' will be included; as well as the standard 'why do you want to be a prosecutor?'

Any thoughts?

If we go by the recruitment pack, I reckon it’s going to be geared towards us demonstrating why public service, why cps etc. There might be something on “demonstrate x behaviour” - but not sure.
Reply 10
Well done guys! I've not done my VI yet as have back to back exams so will hopefully get it done at weekend... Has anybody done it yet? I'm guessing it's the usual questions or why CPS etc??
Reply 11
Original post by Trixom
Well done guys! I've not done my VI yet as have back to back exams so will hopefully get it done at weekend... Has anybody done it yet? I'm guessing it's the usual questions or why CPS etc??

I’ve not done it yet - think it’ll be a Sunday job.
Reply 12
I’ve not done it yet - think it’ll be a Sunday job.

Good luck :smile:
Original post by Trixom

In a similar situation, I have exams until next week Friday so I'm just going to do it next weekend.
Reply 14
In a similar situation, I have exams until next week Friday so I'm just going to do it next weekend.

LPC? Good luck! I'm drowning in revision, don't actually finish this lot of exams until 14th March, shame the VI deadline isn't later!
Original post by Trixom
LPC? Good luck! I'm drowning in revision, don't actually finish this lot of exams until 14th March, shame the VI deadline isn't later!

Yeah LPC. Are you doing the BPTC?

Good luck to you too.
Reply 16
I've been invited to the video interview stage (did my online tests about 10 days ago). Anyone got any experience of these previously/got an idea of the sorts of questions they ask?
I passed the Civil Service Judgement Test scoring 76. I did the official Civil Service Verbal Reasoning practice test and scored 75. To prepare myself I did two other practice tests from different providers but in the exact same format, scoring 80 and 92 respectively. I might have been forgiven for being optimistic going into today's VRT but despite following the exact same methodology as in the practice tests have bombed out with a comically bad score. I mean, such a bad score that I'm embarrassed to declare it even behind the anonymity of a forum username! :frown: :biggrin:

Genuinely struggling to comprehend how taking the same approach in the practices and the final test can produce such vastly different results.

Oh well, maybe next year! Good luck to everybody still in the process. :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by Havana3am
I passed the Civil Service Judgement Test scoring 76. I did the official Civil Service Verbal Reasoning practice test and scored 75. To prepare myself I did two other practice tests from different providers but in the exact same format, scoring 80 and 92 respectively. I might have been forgiven for being optimistic going into today's VRT but despite following the exact same methodology as in the practice tests have bombed out with a comically bad score. I mean, such a bad score that I'm embarrassed to declare it even behind the anonymity of a forum username! :frown: :biggrin:

Genuinely struggling to comprehend how taking the same approach in the practices and the final test can produce such vastly different results.

Oh well, maybe next year! Good luck to everybody still in the process. :smile:

That VRT they do for the civil service is ridiculous. I scored in the 46th percentile after smashing practice tests. However, I think because it judges you based on the cohort that takes the test, you might have scored 7/10, but if most score 8/10 and above then you score low.
Reply 19
Has anybody done their VI yet? I've not had any time over weekend, just reading over the guidance and it says you CANNOT re-record answers 🤢🤢🤢🤢in the past I have RE done my answers over and over until I was happy (in other jobs that required VI)! So now I am more than bricking it!
Can anybody calm my nerves and confirm its bog standard q's and/behavior q's! 😬😬

TIA

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending