Crown Prosecution Legal Trainee Scheme 2019 Watch

slynsus378
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hello everyone,

I did my VI last night and felt like going around in circles despite having lots to say. Can't see myself oing through with those responses.

Did anyone else find them tricky?
CheeseLaw
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by slynsus378)
Hello everyone,

I did my VI last night and felt like going around in circles despite having lots to say. Can't see myself oing through with those responses.

Did anyone else find them tricky?
Felt the exact same. It was tricky, especially given it was only 5 minutes prep with no re-recording!

Have you received an email verification yet saying the VI was submitted? Still waiting on mine and I'm not sure how long it normally takes
Bar18
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi everyone, just discovered this thread. I completed my VI and it was sooo rushed. It will be a miracle if I proceed to the next round.

Did everyone use the full 2 minutes?

Good luck to those yet to complete it.
slynsus378
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I received an email confirmation after 15 minutes or so. As pong as it said submitted in the Tazio window, I would not be too worried.

For me personally, my main issue was not being to gather my bearings and submit concise answers. I had stuff to talk about but ended up repeating the very few points multiple times.

Knackered!!!
(Original post by CheeseLaw)
Felt the exact same. It was tricky, especially given it was only 5 minutes prep with no re-recording!

Have you received an email verification yet saying the VI was submitted? Still waiting on mine and I'm not sure how long it normally takes
Legaleaglefx
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I just did the VI and I think it went even worse than I expected it to.... oh well, I suppose it’s done now.
Legaleaglefx
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I was the same!
I couldn’t actually say what I was trying to! Also repeatedly myself a fair few times
I received an email confirmation after 15 minutes or so. As pong as it said submitted in the Tazio window, I would not be too worried.

For me personally, my main issue was not being to gather my bearings and submit concise answers. I had stuff to talk about but ended up repeating the very few points multiple times.

Knackered!!!
Roadie1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Thanks for the reply.
I shall try to do it today as the deadline is tomorrow.

Dreading it!
Going by the feedback so it's all generic as in why the CPS? Any other questions? Thanks
nlichtman
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi, did mine it was awful. No chance of going through now.
TempestLaw
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by nlichtman)
Hi, did mine it was awful. No chance of going through now.
I think a lot of people feel the same way. I was so sure the first question would come up, prepared an answer, and even then I somehow ran out of time despite practising it
TempestLaw
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Bar18)
Hi everyone, just discovered this thread. I completed my VI and it was sooo rushed. It will be a miracle if I proceed to the next round.

Did everyone use the full 2 minutes?

Good luck to those yet to complete it.
I was well paced for about 40 seconds and then the rest was me talking at superspeed
Bar18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I feel the same!

Out of interest, does anyone know whether they invite people to the next round based just on the VI or do they look at CV's too?
If it's just based on the VI, then I have no chance.
(Original post by TempestLaw)
I was well paced for about 40 seconds and then the rest was me talking at superspeed
TempestLaw
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Bar18)
I feel the same!

Out of interest, does anyone know whether they invite people to the next round based just on the VI or do they look at CV's too?
If it's just based on the VI, then I have no chance.
I would think the CV would have to be taken into account (or would hope so), otherwise when would it? it would seem unfair to wait right until the very end of the last interview, because it effectively sets in stone whether someone would not get the pupillage
Roadie1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I think me too, the first question I think I waffled and it wasn't flowing greatly. The second question went better but I think end I kinda messed up.. not sure if I have done enough to get through! Good luck everyone.I wonder when they will announce the results..
slynsus378
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I partially blame the 5 minutes preparation time.... I felt it was too much which only clouded my thought process and ended up being all muddy. A minute or two prep time would not have given the opportunity to contaminate my brean with too much thoughts.... well, not in my hands.

I really hope I don't get the rejection email twice. I have heard a few people got it last year just to, you know, drive it home...🙄
Bar18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Absolutely! It makes sense to take the CV into account at this stage otherwise it seems unfair.

It appears as though everyone generally felt the same, I just hope they get back to us soon.
(Original post by TempestLaw)
I would think the CV would have to be taken into account (or would hope so), otherwise when would it? it would seem unfair to wait right until the very end of the last interview, because it effectively sets in stone whether someone would not get the pupillage
Bar18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes, if I remember correctly, last year they sent the rejection email twice following the legal test. Rubbing salt in the wound :/
I partially blame the 5 minutes preparation time.... I felt it was too much which only clouded my thought process and ended up being all muddy. A minute or two prep time would not have given the opportunity to contaminate my brean with too much thoughts.... well, not in my hands.

I really hope I don't get the rejection email twice. I have heard a few people got it last year just to, you know, drive it home...🙄
UserU12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Well that was a bit of disaster lol! Lots of ramblings and ums, and tripping over my words!
Law101mancs
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Lool same I am defo not going through so one candidate down lesss competition for y’all 😂
(Original post by UserU12)
Well that was a bit of disaster lol! Lots of ramblings and ums, and tripping over my words!
Legaleaglefx
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Anyone have any idea as to when we’re going to find out about passing the VI? (Or not)
slynsus378
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Make that two....
(Original post by Law101mancs)
Lool same I am defo not going through so one candidate down lesss competition for y’all 😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (164)
18.45%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (90)
10.12%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (148)
16.65%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (129)
14.51%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (85)
9.56%
How can I be the best version of myself? (273)
30.71%

Watched Threads