Crown Prosecution Legal Trainee Scheme 2019 Watch

Trixom
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Delphicyute)
Literally just completed it! I just feel relieved that it is over. Contrary to my suspicions, I didn't majorly fail but I'm not sure whether it went well enough. How are your exams going by the way? I'm finished until June now.
Aww I'm glad it didn't feel too bad, honestly mine was far from great 😕
I'm only in week 2 of 3 weeks worth of exams, this week was 10 hours worth I'm so drained!!!! Thankfully after next week I only have one assignment due in in April then nothing till June, hallelujah 🙌
Where are you doing your LPC? How did your exams go?
Trixom
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by slynsus378)
Make that two....
Make that 3...😉🤣🤣
Trixom
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Bar18)
I feel the same!

Out of interest, does anyone know whether they invite people to the next round based just on the VI or do they look at CV's too?
If it's just based on the VI, then I have no chance.
I'm really curious about this too... I'm sure I read in guidance that CV isn't taken into account until literally last stage??? But that would be ridiculous surely?!

Sounds like very few feel confident about the VI, including me, so hoping we're not just judged on that and bigger picture taken into account 🤞
Bar18
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It would be ridiculous for them to look at CV's at the final stage. I hope that's not what they do or they will reject many strong candidates.

I am right there with you. Not confident about CPS at all. Although initially it was the pupillage I had high hopes for.
(Original post by Trixom)
I'm really curious about this too... I'm sure I read in guidance that CV isn't taken into account until literally last stage??? But that would be ridiculous surely?!

Sounds like very few feel confident about the VI, including me, so hoping we're not just judged on that and bigger picture taken into account 🤞
LDLaw
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Does anyone with previous experience of the CPS application process, have a rough idea of how long they took to get back to you about the video interview, applied before but didn’t get this far and hoping that they won’t make us wait until the 1st April since the confirmation email states they will let you know “soon”
Bar18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi guys, just had a quick question for everyone...

Did you include details of referees in your CV? Was this required? I have only noticed that I did not include this and merely stated that they are available upon request.
Trixom
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I have the same on my CV, just available on request as had to take loads out just to fit within the guidelines of 2 sides of a4. I have a feeling references come into the very last stage of process 🤔
I assume it's the usual, one prof one character?
Wonder when we will hear back about VI?!
(Original post by Bar18)
Hi guys, just had a quick question for everyone...

Did you include details of referees in your CV? Was this required? I have only noticed that I did not include this and merely stated that they are available upon request.
Bar18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I had the same issue. Found myself taking out a lot of things. Yes, it should be the usual one academic and one character reference.

I am just impatiently waiting for a response. I have a feeling they will let us know in the last few days of March.
I have the same on my CV, just available on request as had to take loads out just to fit within the guidelines of 2 sides of a4. I have a feeling references come into the very last stage of process 🤔
I assume it's the usual, one prof one character?
Wonder when we will hear back about VI?!
Last edited by Bar18; 1 week ago
Trixom
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I guess its a good way to trim it down, mine was definitely verging on a novel 🙄😂

What makes you think end of March? Because of next step in process or past experience? How did you get on in your VI??
(Original post by Bar18)
I had the same issue. Found myself taking out a lot of things. Yes, it should be the usual one academic and one character references.

I am just impatiently waiting for a response. I have a feeling they will let us know in the last few days of March.
Bar18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Haha! I wasn't far behind with the novel.

I say the end of March as on the application pack it states the Legal Assessment is available on 1st April, presumably they'd let all candidates know about the outcome of the VI before then.

Last year the deadline for the initial application was later in March (I think) and as a result the timeline for the stages appears different this year.

My VI was terrible. I am convinced that I will not get to the next stage. Last year I only made it to the next stage because we were able to rerecord our VI (I probably did it over 30 times lol). Sadly, we didn't have the option to do that this year. How did you get on?
I guess its a good way to trim it down, mine was definitely verging on a novel 🙄😂

What makes you think end of March? Because of next step in process or past experience? How did you get on in your VI??
Trixom
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Ahhh see I was banking on that option to re record!! You can imagine my absolute shock when I received the guidance to say it wasn't available 😱 I screwed up I think, I mean I think I made some sort of sense but for sure I didn't actually answer what they were asking, lots of "erm" and bumbling around....

I guess though it does wholy depend on the candidate pool... If we all did just OK then there's a good chance (if they take the CV at this stage too) that we won't be thrown out at this stage 🤞 I'm trying to remember how many go through to assessment, it said it on guidance but can't remember, in any case think it was still a good chunk of candidates!
(Original post by Bar18)
Haha! I wasn't far behind with the novel.

I say the end of March as on the application pack it states the Legal Assessment is available on 1st April, presumably they'd let all candidates know about the outcome of the VI before then.

Last year the deadline for the initial application was later in March (I think) and as a result the timeline for the stages appears different this year.

My VI was terrible. I am convinced that I will not get to the next stage. Last year I only made it to the next stage because we were able to rerecord our VI (I probably did it over 30 times lol). Sadly, we didn't have the option to do that this year. How did you get on?
Delphicyute
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Aww I'm glad it didn't feel too bad, honestly mine was far from great 😕
I'm only in week 2 of 3 weeks worth of exams, this week was 10 hours worth I'm so drained!!!! Thankfully after next week I only have one assignment due in in April then nothing till June, hallelujah 🙌
Where are you doing your LPC? How did your exams go?
Sounds stressful and arduous, but you'll feel so good when you've finished. I'm doing the LPC at BPP. My exams went well enough, I don't think I failed but I didn't provide brilliant answers.
Bar18
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Any news from CPS? I'm getting impatient :/
Trixom
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Me too 😬 was hoping we would hear from you by now either way! I guess they're waiting until the end of month 🤷🏼
(Original post by Bar18)
Legaleaglefx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Bar18)
Literally just checked and nothing yet... the wait is the worst!
UserU12
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I've literally been checking every day, I'm so impatient! Just want to know now!
Bar18
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I check twice a day. Once in the morning and again before I sleep lool. Impatience at its finest!
pagelaw
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I called the CPS and they said we can possibly 'expect a decision no later than 25th March, but due to the nature of the interviews a final decision on the remaining candidates may be made up until 28th March, the exact time of release of a decision is not yet decided....' So basically, they don't even know.....
UserU12
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Thanks for trying to find out! ☺️
(Original post by pagelaw)
I called the CPS and they said we can possibly 'expect a decision no later than 25th March, but due to the nature of the interviews a final decision on the remaining candidates may be made up until 28th March, the exact time of release of a decision is not yet decided....' So basically, they don't even know.....
Bar18
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Thanks for the update!
(Original post by pagelaw)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (164)
18.68%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (87)
9.91%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (146)
16.63%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (125)
14.24%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (85)
9.68%
How can I be the best version of myself? (271)
30.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise