dlg3579
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Predicited to achieve 4 A's at AS level but theres too many unis to pick from. This freedom of choosing is actually limiting me. Ironic:rolleyes: Any way, apart from the dead obvious aka Oxbridge in which you have to be the son of God who attends cricket club, is the head of the debating team, hosts the schools radio show whilst reading to younger children at the same time as cooking for the homeless after coming back from some obsolute African country in which you built a well and taught kids english and maths, what are my choices of uni. Dont mind where in the country but nice accomodation is a necessary. Being in a household with my sister for 17 years, i have realised sharing a bathroom with girls is not a reality nor is it even possible to imagine. Dont mind if its ac ity or a town, just some where nice with a bit to it.
River85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
You don't have to be those things to attend Oxbridge, believe me. They don't give two hoots about extra curriculars now anyway (so I'm told).

The highest ranked departments include the obvious (Durham, UCL, Bristol, Oxbridge, Edinburgh) but also the top redbricks and other Russel Group unis such as Sheffield, Newcastle, Cardiff.

http://extras.timesonline.co.uk/gug/...ub=15&x=22&y=4

But it depends what your interest is. Human, physical? Do you want to be in a collegiate uni?
trm90
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Are you interested in physical, human or both?

If physical: are you interested in all aspects, or do you have a particular interest in cryospheric science (glaciers/periglaciology), hydrology & coasts, biogeography, climatology, general geomorphology, etc?

If human: are you interested in all aspects or do you prefer: economic; contemporary (environmental issues etc), historical, philosophical/theoretical?

Do fieldwork locations matter a lot to you?

Is there any chance you'd be interested in doing a four year undergraduate MSci?

Sorry for all the questions it's just that geography is such a diverse topic that you really need to make sure that you know what you want so you can choose the ideal course for you. Although the diversity of geography means you could blindly walk into any uni and still be able to choose some good modules, some universities go more in depth in some topics than others and some don't even cover them at all.
Fields
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Durham, Bristol, Cambridge, UCL, Nottingham etc.
Black Angel
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Don't forget Southampton!! Good academically and otherwise. Could say more but won't bore you :p:

Just make sure you check out all of the courses thoroughly.
horse_gir123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I do not get anyone
plz
just go away
horse_gir123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
blah blah blah
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (74)
29.84%
No (174)
70.16%

Watched Threads