The Student Room Group

will i get fat eventually?

since sixth form which was sep 2018 , ive been eating a a lot of junk food eg. fried chicken, chips and burgers on most of my sixth form days, also i walk up the hill everyday as my sixth form is on top of a hill. its feb now and i dont feel fat however i do a lot of exercise like running and playing football on the weekends and as i said i walk everyday up the hill and down.
if i carry on eating junk food will i become fat or not if i exercise on the weekends and walk alot on a day to day basis???

thanks
Original post by Garry9028
since sixth form which was sep 2018 , ive been eating a a lot of junk food eg. fried chicken, chips and burgers on most of my sixth form days, also i walk up the hill everyday as my sixth form is on top of a hill. its feb now and i dont feel fat however i do a lot of exercise like running and playing football on the weekends and as i said i walk everyday up the hill and down.
if i carry on eating junk food will i become fat or not if i exercise on the weekends and walk alot on a day to day basis???

thanks

You're burning it off when you exercise so probably not. I'd be more concerned about your health, though.

thanks

Possibly not - but what you are storing up is future health problems like diabetes and bowel cancer. Just try and cut down on the junk and add a little bit more healthy stuff in. We all need ( want) some junk - my weakness is Nandos!... Nandos) but not everyday
Reply 3
Original post by squeakysquirrel
Possibly not - but what you are storing up is future health problems like diabetes and bowel cancer. Just try and cut down on the junk and add a little bit more healthy stuff in. We all need ( want) some junk - my weakness is Nandos!... Nandos) but not everyday

i come home and eat healthy stuff like fish, fruits and vegetables.
you may not put on weight but thin doesnt = health. you need a balanced diet with good food
i come home and eat healthy stuff like fish, fruits and vegetables.

I work in Bowel Cancer - we are seeing a rise in younger patients getting bowel cancer. It has been linked to the arrival of McDonalds and processed food - just saying.

Also this is the first generation where the children have a shorter life expectancy than their parents

thanks

If you're eating more than you burn off (this goes for healthy foods and "drinking Your calories" too) then yes you'll start putting weight on.
Reply 7

thanks

most likely you won't get fat, unless you stop doing sports however you should start thinking about the food you're letting into your system. fried chicken and chips is not going to help with your academic studies as you'll eventually feel sluggish in your lessons (i know from experience). focus on eating more healthier - that should be your main concern.
Reply 8
Original post by adzai
most likely you won't get fat, unless you stop doing sports however you should start thinking about the food you're letting into your system. fried chicken and chips is not going to help with your academic studies as you'll eventually feel sluggish in your lessons (i know from experience). focus on eating more healthier - that should be your main concern.

any healthy foods that can also keep me full for a long time?
i mean thats the reason why i eat junk food because i feel like they keep me full for a long time
any healthy foods that can also keep me full for a long time?
i mean thats the reason why i eat junk food because i feel like they keep me full for a long time

You want to be eating slow release carbs.... oh god I feel so sad about this.... rice bananas etc. It is not as fun as junk food ( and I sit here carressing my glass of wine - which is not slow release)) Proteins such as chicken and fish. Processed food has done part of what the gut does - so it enter the blood stream earlier and contibutes to obesity...
Reply 10
drink water, because most of the time when you think you are hungry, is just your body telling you it's dehydrayed and needs water. However healthier food alternatives to keep you full are eating nuts (if you are not allergic) as well as rice, vegetables, fish and pasta. Don't block out all junk food all at once, just slowly cut down but do treat yourself :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest