leftchr
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hello

I am doing my Postgraduate applications and naturally I googled the "top business schools in the UK" to see which are the most prestigious ones and to start from there my research.

To my surprise, none of the websites and articles list LSE to the top UK business schools anymore, in fact they do not mention at all and I would like to see your views about it. I understand that rankings fluctuate but not mentioning LSE sounds absurd. I mean come on, it is LSE.

Is LSE not considered a business school anymore?
leftchr
Rep:
?
any opinions?
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I mean, it is primarily a social science research university, not a business school. It's the London School of Economics and Political Science, not the London School of Business Things.

Its business courses also aren't offered through a "business school", they're offered through several separate departments (accounting, finance, management, mathematics, and statistics primarily). If you looked up "LSE department of management" for example, you would probably find glowing accolades (for better or worse).
Last edited by artful_lounger; 8 months ago
leftchr
Rep:
?
Oh okay, for the longest part I considered it as a business school, mainly because it is famous for the accounting and finance degree which is normally taught at a business school.

I have offers for Marketing from LSE and WBS but I am not sure :/ both are great schools
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by leftchr)
Oh okay, for the longest part I considered it as a business school, mainly because it is famous for the accounting and finance degree which is normally taught at a business school.

I have offers for Marketing from LSE and WBS but I am not sure :/ both are great schools
Well it is extremely well regarded in the business world, and many of it's graduates (from any of it's range of courses) do go into working in business, management, and financial services. However it's not necessarily because of it's business-aligned courses...
DukeSolitude
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
https://econtop.uvt.nl/rankinglist.php
V944817
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
The possible explanation can be
1. Many rankings treat MBA and business school for postgraduate the same thing. LSE doesn't offer MBA course therefore not included in the rankings.
2. LSE is not a business school and it does not try to be. Yes, it sounds strange but I have heard this from the school itself. I lost the reference though you can try searching for an article similar to this.
leftchr
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by V944817)
The possible explanation can be
1. Many rankings treat MBA and business school for postgraduate the same thing. LSE doesn't offer MBA course therefore not included in the rankings.
2. LSE is not a business school and it does not try to be. Yes, it sounds strange but I have heard this from the school itself. I lost the reference though you can try searching for an article similar to this.
I think mainly is because LSE is not considered as business school, my google searches had the terms top business schools in the UK, as I wanted to find the top ones regarding my master. Its just I was super surprised I did not see it in any list, that's why I asked.
username3731912
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
i wouldn't say their rankings are low. tcug ranks them 3rd in the UK
leftchr
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by anonymous1231231)
i wouldn't say their rankings are low. tcug ranks them 3rd in the UK
in general their rankings are not low, I was just concerned regarding their business modules, why are not included as high as other schools
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (11)
22.92%
No (37)
77.08%

Watched Threads