The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings College rejection and alternative application

Hello everyone.
I was predicted 3A's and applied to International Relations and History at KCL, only to get this information:
'We are no longer considering your application for the programme to which you originally applied and we are now considering your application for an alternative programme here at KCL
Now I found myself applying only for BA History. I'm not happy to have IR dropped but at least I'm still 'in the game' My question is: does this mean that I am a step closer to getting an offer, or are they going to consider my application from the scratch?
Thanks for help
One step closer. Definitely!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
You were right, just got a conditional offer for AAA!
Original post by Palemon
Hello everyone.
I was predicted 3A's and applied to International Relations and History at KCL, only to get this information:
'We are no longer considering your application for the programme to which you originally applied and we are now considering your application for an alternative programme here at KCL
Now I found myself applying only for BA History. I'm not happy to have IR dropped but at least I'm still 'in the game' My question is: does this mean that I am a step closer to getting an offer, or are they going to consider my application from the scratch?
Thanks for help

King's did this a lot last year.
Original post by Palemon
You were right, just got a conditional offer for AAA!

Wow, that was fast! Congratulations!
Original post by Palemon
Hello everyone.
Thanks for help

Hey, got such a message from King’s today. I had applied to Comp Sci + AI... They haven’t mentioned which is the alternative course. Did you write to them to know that?
Reply 6
Original post by richie.harvy
Hey, got such a message from King’s today. I had applied to Comp Sci + AI... They haven’t mentioned which is the alternative course. Did you write to them to know that?

Did u get in??? Im applynig for the same exact course and got the same message! what does this mean pls
Original post by el8860
Did u get in??? Im applynig for the same exact course and got the same message! what does this mean pls

Wow ! Is this course full already ?
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
Wow ! Is this course full already ?

idk i think it must be :frown:
An undergrad course can’t close until 27th of January.

This message means that you weren’t successful for the original course that you applied for, but potentially you may receive an alternative offer.
Reply 10
Original post by Admit-One
An undergrad course can’t close until 27th of January.

This message means that you weren’t successful for the original course that you applied for, but potentially you may receive an alternative offer.

Okay yeah is that like gonna be straight computer science or something? Idk is this like a common thing with CS + AI Meng??
Original post by el8860
Okay yeah is that like gonna be straight computer science or something? Idk is this like a common thing with CS + AI Meng??

It's fairly common to offer another course within the same department. I can't say what course it may be for, (CS typically quite oversubscribed), but if you applied for a MEng then another option may be that you may get offered a BEng.
Attention anyone worried about getting this message for computer science AI!!

I applied to the BSc course for AI looking to advance it to MSc later, and I got this message so I contacted them and this was the response:

"The message you received from us, in regards to an alternative course is an automatic notification due to a name change of the course.

I can confirm that your application is being considered for G021 Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence) BSc."

Weird that the system makes it seem so scary when it's just a name change. Would've been nice for the program to clarify that. Anyway, yea, don't worry everyone. Of course, this MIGHT be also because the course is full or other reasons, but I feel like everyone who applied to this course would get this message because of the name change (I dont even know what name change its talking about because its literally the same name other than (Full-Time) taken out).
Original post by Anonymous
Attention anyone worried about getting this message for computer science AI!!

I applied to the BSc course for AI looking to advance it to MSc later, and I got this message so I contacted them and this was the response:

"The message you received from us, in regards to an alternative course is an automatic notification due to a name change of the course.

I can confirm that your application is being considered for G021 Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence) BSc."

Weird that the system makes it seem so scary when it's just a name change. Would've been nice for the program to clarify that. Anyway, yea, don't worry everyone. Of course, this MIGHT be also because the course is full or other reasons, but I feel like everyone who applied to this course would get this message because of the name change (I dont even know what name change its talking about because its literally the same name other than (Full-Time) taken out).

Mystery solved! Thanks for the update, I would rep you but apparently I’ve already done so recently :smile:
Reply 14
yeah i just got reply from them saying its just the course name change!

Quick Reply

Latest