I think im suffering with depression and i need help. Watch

TheSimpleKid
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hello,

I am a college student and I am doing a course I really love. However, I have recently fallen into what I can only guess it to be depression. I have recently come out as gay and I'm downright miserable. Whether this is the cause of my depression I cannot say however I am starting to become worried. I am struggling to keep up with work and I feeling like I'm reaching the end of my rope. I, unfortunately, cannot visit a therapist without avoiding the worst interrogations ever from my parents. My parents won't accept who I am and tell me I'm not gay.

I'm in no way religious however they don't want to think I'm gay. I recently came out to my dad and he said I wasn't gay because I have all these girls around who live nearby to me. My mum on the other hand completely shut me down and said I was straight. I tried to argue the point that I would still be myself however she wouldn't listen. She kept on going on about would I really like to kiss a boy and all that and I just gave in and said ok I'm not gay. I have fought the gayness inside of me however watching a movie recently on a gay-related topic has made me realize I can be myself.

I'm sorry if I have gone on a bit I'm just really lost and worried and need people to talk to. (I also have a lot more to say however my last post did not come through so I have had to write this all again.)

Thank you to all who are reading this

_WOLF_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Stay strong, fight for YOU!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Ninomi
Badges: 11
Report 2 weeks ago
Whether you are straight, bi, gay - it doesn’t make you any less of a person. You have to try to accept yourself, otherwise you won’t be happy.
Can you talk to your GP? They should be able to help as they’re the first step for many, and you could make up any excuse if your parents were to ask.

Put yourself and your happiness first, always.
TheSimpleKid
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ninomi)
Whether you are straight, bi, gay - it doesn’t make you any less of a person. You have to try to accept yourself, otherwise you won’t be happy.
Can you talk to your GP? They should be able to help as they’re the first step for many, and you could make up any excuse if your parents were to ask.

Put yourself and your happiness first, always.
Thank you very much for the support.
TheSimpleKid
Rep:
?
(Original post by _WOLF_)
Stay strong, fight for YOU!
Im not really sure how I am meant to fight this. Although thank you.
_WOLF_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by TheSimpleKid)
Im not really sure how I am meant to fight this. Although thank you.
Just to clear things up ‘fight’ was meant to be an encouragement, meaning that you should prioritise yourself and your happiness and do everything you can to be happy.

Good luck!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
modifiedgenes
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Most colleges and Unis have a dedicated student support team, contact them immediately and they will provide counselling. No one will ever know.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (35)
12.54%
Yes - a food allergy (32)
11.47%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (9)
3.23%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
3.23%
No (194)
69.53%

Watched Threads