The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Glasshouse 2019

Hi I’ve booked a flat in glasshouse, however wondering if other first years will be in my flat too?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah I’ve booked the glasshouse too! All the ntu accomodation was booked before i could even log on 😢
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Ah dw! I rang the uni and they said they had put me with all first years so I guess it’s not so bad! What are you studying?
Reply 3
Economics, should be interesting 😂 wbu?
Are you all Ntu?
Reply 5
Yeah I’ve booked glasshouse and am first year at ntu as well
Reply 6
Hi, Are you looking for a room this term because there might be a room free very soon. Do you have a room to swap with?
Original post by Martha234
Hi I’ve booked a flat in glasshouse, however wondering if other first years will be in my flat too?

I'm thinking of changing my accommodation to Glasshouse from the NTU provided because its so much cheaper and I never thought to apply to private, so its good to see other freshers.
Reply 8
Yeah defo! I don’t blame you I rang glasshouse and all my flat are freshers
Reply 9
Broadcast journalism
Reply 10
Yeah I was the same! Can ask to be put with freshers from your uni and it seems dead good
Original post by JamesWilliams22
I'm thinking of changing my accommodation to Glasshouse from the NTU provided because its so much cheaper and I never thought to apply to private, so its good to see other freshers.

Hi, do you live with girls and boys? If you contact the Glasshouse they might be able to help you do an exchange. Do you want to move this term?
(Original post by Fifiona1)Hi, do you live with girls and boys? If you contact the Glasshouse they might be able to help you do an exchange. Do you want to move this term?
Afraid its not like that, I've just found out some stuff about my accommodation at Blenheim which I wasn't happy with.
Original post by Fifiona1
Hi, do you live with girls and boys? If you contact the Glasshouse they might be able to help you do an exchange. Do you want to move this term?

I'm not currently at University I'm joining in 2019/20 (if that's what you mean)
Reply 14
Original post by JamesWilliams22
I'm not currently at University I'm joining in 2019/20 (if that's what you mean)

what did u find out about blenheim that was so bad, thinking of booking there
I went to look at the glasshouse on Friday and it looked pretty grimey it’s in a massive complex and the staff memeber showed me a flat that obviously hadn’t been cleaned since the people moved in, the area is pretty dodgey and you have to take some dark side roads to get to the uni, I’ve now booked goldsmith court it honestly looks really good, rooms are nice the kitchens are modern and you couldn’t get closer to the uni
Original post by harryl26
I went to look at the glasshouse on Friday and it looked pretty grimey it’s in a massive complex and the staff memeber showed me a flat that obviously hadn’t been cleaned since the people moved in, the area is pretty dodgey and you have to take some dark side roads to get to the uni, I’ve now booked goldsmith court it honestly looks really good, rooms are nice the kitchens are modern and you couldn’t get closer to the uni

I went to visit the Glasshouse today, actually thought it was alright, really easy to get to and from (just go through the shopping centre). There were no ‘dodgey side roads’ aside from a small path into the uni itself, it took my 7ish minutes on my first time there. Room was a bit dirty but that’s because students had been living there (surprise surprise). Plus the Aldi was literally next to the accommodation.
Original post by harryl26

Agree. To be honest the actual place wasn't that bad. It was a bit tucked away but being next to Aldi was a huge plus, and it looked pretty modern. The main thing that put us off was how the lady showing us around didn't seem to give anyone a chance to prepare. So for the bedrooms, she just knocked on the door and opened it with her own?? (there was a guy sleeping in that room sooo) Then she did this for two other rooms which did have awake people in (one guy shouted "just a minute I need to put a shirt on" and the other guy had steroids lying around). Same with Liberty - If you weren't in your room then they'd just use their key to go in, and if you were then they'd ask. I know places get booked up so you have to show people around booked rooms but they should at least give some warning. Goldsmith was the only place to show us around an empty room. Idk if you're paying 6 grand for a place they should at least respect your privacy a bit, but apart from that, they all looked pretty modern and nice - great views too!
I've booked to live at the glasshouse it didn't seem bad at all, your getting what you pay for x
Send me flat numbers I wanna find people in mine x

Quick Reply