Should I apply to private accommodation? Watch

danoeellllllllu
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
If I decide to go to Newcastle I’ve been told it’s cheaper to apply for private accommodation but what may be the negatives of doing this ?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Monthly rent likely won't include bills, they will be extra.
Accommodation may be some distance from your campus and may not be as high quality as campus accommodation is.
TheShieldNewcastle
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by danoeellllllllu)
If I decide to go to Newcastle I’ve been told it’s cheaper to apply for private accommodation but what may be the negatives of doing this ?
Hi!

Private provider here. There is no negatives of staying in private accommodation!
Here at The Shield you get:
- Beautiful luxury high spec accommodation.
- Choice of ensuite or studio rooms.
- Bills included in your rent - including high speed wifi!
- Social Spaces including a cinema room, gaming centre and on site gym.
- 24/7 Security
- Secure bike storage
- Access to our amazing Social events from puppy days to free food!
- Dedicated accommodation team
- Maintenance service
- Located 10 minute walk from Newcastle Uni campus!

If your interested and want to know more, then please visit our website: https://freshstudentliving.co.uk/property/the-shield/

You can book your room today for as little as £1!
Book a studio room and we will give you £300 off your rent!

Thanks,
Christy @ The Shield Student Accommodation
revolvingseed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
It is definitely cheaper paying privately, the only downside is the distance to the university, it is typically between a twenty to a half an hour walk from university (to be quite far the building for the course I do is the further from the main campus).
It is definitely worth getting, private accommodation usually looks better and has a lot more space.
(Original post by danoeellllllllu)
TheShieldNewcastle
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by revolvingseed)
It is definitely cheaper paying privately, the only downside is the distance to the university, it is typically between a twenty to a half an hour walk from university (to be quite far the building for the course I do is the further from the main campus).
It is definitely worth getting, private accommodation usually looks better and has a lot more space.
Hi!

This is not always the case, for example - The Shield is next door 3 of the university's own buildings! We are a 5 minute walk to Northumbria and a 10 minute walk to Newcastle.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (438)
67.49%
No (211)
32.51%

Watched Threads