The Student Room Group

Pack lunch ideas

Hi

I am looking for some healthy and filling pack lunch ideas that are vegan/vegetarian. Any suggestions:smile:
Original post by Simonthegreat
Hi

I am looking for some healthy and filling pack lunch ideas that are vegan/vegetarian. Any suggestions:smile:

Pasta with brocolli and spinach and a bit of garlic is something i've gotten into recently. There's a lot you can make with tinned tomatoes also
Hi

I love making a sweet potato, spinach and red lentil dahl for lunch, really filling and healthy - plus as it uses coconut milk it's vegan too!

You can make a massive batch at the weekend to have throughout the week to save having to make lunch every day as well :smile:
chips
Hi

Hi @Simonthegreat!

Our sustainability programme, Growhampton, reguarly distributes vegan recipes around campus, and have uploaded a few to their website, which you can check out here.

Vegan soups are always an easy lunch option, as they're quick to make, easy to transport and keep well in the freezer if you make a batch.

Have a great day!
I love tabbouleh. I make it with spring onions, red & yellow pepper, tomato, cucumber all cut up really small, then loads of coriander leaves and flat leaf parsley and then drizzle over a lemon juice/olive oil and crushed garlic and leave in the fridge overnight. Delicious.

Or coucous made with similar chopped salad stuff but with pomegranate seeds too. You can make a whole batch of both and it will last a week in the fridge.
Hi

walk down the fruit/veg isle in the supermarket...
Carrots/broccoli/sweet pepper dipped in humous or greek yogurt
rice salad, fruit/veg/qunioa poured over rice w lemon
pita bread and veg sandwhiches w humous
beans & lentils in a curry
bruschetta
corn chips & pico de gaio (not sure if thats correct spelling)
literally loads of things...

ps im not vegan or vegetarian, but these are just 'vege' dishes i enjoy... but bacon is better
(edited 5 years ago)
Wraps stuffed with veggies and maybe some meat can be pretty healthy and tasty
Reply 8
Hi

I don't really have time to make lunch so if you're after something quick I generally have a falafel and hummus wrap - all can be bought pre-made you just gotta put it together.
yest that is nice too. How do you make one at home?

Quick Reply

Latest