Why are counsellors so patronizing? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have visited many counsellors on multiple occassions, with the sole intention of letting myself go and expressing myself on a personal level. I merely just want to talk about my problems; this is ALL I ask for. And guess what? The typical response from them is: "aww your not weak" or "no kid your age should ever have to deal with this". What is their purpose of doing their job? To observe the afflicted like ****ing animals? To list down everything we think and offer their sick interpretations? (also, **** psychology it serves no use but to slam human beings worse than they are)
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have visited many counsellors on multiple occassions, with the sole intention of letting myself go and expressing myself on a personal level. I merely just want to talk about my problems; this is ALL I ask for. And guess what? The typical response from them is: "aww your not weak" or "no kid your age should ever have to deal with this". What is their purpose of doing their job? To observe the afflicted like ****ing animals? To list down everything we think and offer their sick interpretations? (also, **** psychology it serves no use but to slam human beings worse than they are)
The thing is with mental health the very thing you need to assess and make sense of things is the thing that amu not be quite right. Maybe they havent all been patronising or maybe you havent met the right one. Why not try something like kooth.com as they are online and not having to speak to soemone may make it less fractious for you.
Mila787
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
yeah some rubbish counsellors are like this but i've met counsellors who counsel teenagers and the most successful ones are the ones who get down to your level and dont patronise you so I would advise to keep looking for a non patronising counsellor.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (200)
60.61%
No (130)
39.39%

Watched Threads