Is teaching a good career goal? Watch

tesconyc
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I want to become a teacher but I hear it's hard work for average pay. any my teachers
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
BoilingMarmalade
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm not a teacher, but from what I gather, the pay isn't too bad. It is hard work, but if that's what you want to do, go for it- educating children is one of the most important jobs there is and our schools need teachers who are passionate about what they do.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
dingbat93
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The general consensus is that teaching isn't generally a job you go into purely for the money, however the pay isn't really that bad. It is an extremely rewarding job which is why people do it. I personally find it is incredibly rewarding and the fact you are contributing to the future of this country (without sounding cheesy) is really important. You are right, it can be super hard work, but then, what other job then gives you holidays like schools' do!

what do you want to teach?
Vinny C
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Teaching might be but teacher might be a bit worried if you consider her to be your goal.
paul_efc_1994
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Where would we be without them?!
carrie_b87
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I’m a teacher. It’s an amazing job. Very rewarding, but very hard work. Don’t underestimate it. There are many different routes teaching can take you (I have tried a few), but it isn’t the right job if you’re money motivated.

For me the reward comes from building the rapport and developing an understanding with the students, watching them grow in confidence and helping really impact students lives. However you also have the opposite end of the spectrum where you have kids that simply don’t want to learn for whatever reason and that is a challenge, particularly with large class sizes and general behavioural issues and content heavy specifications.

I would never put anyone off the job as I am a huge advocate for teachers and the profession. Teachers are the backbone of society as without them we fail to develop the skills the next generations needs. I remember when training one of our lecturers said ‘you are joining a noble profession’. If you want to go in it for making an impact on young lives and meeting some fantastic young people and to be a role model you won’t be disappointed. Feel free to DM me about routes into the profession and any other questions. 😊
bwilliams
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Teaching is an amazing profession. You won't make millions, but you will make a difference! There is so much more to being a teacher than teaching, it involves many different roles. If you are really considering then spend 10 minutes listening to this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3xoZXSW5yc
1secondsofvamps
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
If you really wanted to be a teacher, the pay/ the work involved shouldnt put you off.
sp00kymcflukey
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
I wouldn't want to do anything else.

It's not boring, It's social, it's humourous, it's serious, it's hard work, it's impactful, it's meaningful, it changes lives every day. It encourages you learn a lot about yourself and other things, and you will be apart of the next generation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (212)
60.06%
No (141)
39.94%

Watched Threads