The Student Room Group
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London

Relationship advice

Ok so I've been talking to this woman online for several years now and have become a long distance couple. I'm from the UK and she is from the Philippines. We get on really well and enjoy each other's company and while we talk about meeting I'm not entirely sure about the relationship itself and I have doubts as to whether it will last

What should I do
Well first off my reply will be based on the assumption that you’re 100% sure that she is not some cat fish. Secondly, in my opinion I don’t think you’d ever be sure until you take that next step. It might not last, but at least you won’t end up regretting not at least seeing for yourself whether she is worth it. Seems to me if you’ve been talking for several years now then it’s definitely not a mistake to see her in real life. Whether you’re chemistry remains off screen is something you and we can’t determine unless you experience it yourself. I think that honestly there is a possibility that you’ll meet her and she’ll be everything you’ve ever wanted and that it’ll make you happier. What if you don’t take that chance and miss out on something great? If it doesn’t last then you could always talk to her about it and whatever the reason may be she might feel the same way as well and it’d be a peaceful breakup. You never know
(edited 5 years ago)
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London
Reply 2
Original post by JasmineMonsoon
Well first off my reply will be based on the assumption that you’re 100% sure that she is not some cat fish. Secondly, in my opinion I don’t think you’d ever be sure until you take that next step. It might not last, but at least you won’t end up regretting not at least seeing for yourself whether she is worth it. Seems to me if you’ve been talking for several years now then it’s definitely not a mistake to see her in real life. Whether you’re chemistry remains off screen is something you and we can’t determine unless you experience it yourself. I think that honestly there is a possibility that you’ll meet her and she’ll be everything you’ve ever wanted and that it’ll make you happier. What if you don’t take that chance and miss out on something great? If it doesn’t last then you could always talk to her about it and whatever the reason may be she might feel the same way as well and it’d be a peaceful breakup. You never know

Well the thing is I know she is not a catfish, she is real. And also while I do want to visit her I've been in a situation where I've visited someone from outside where I live and when it did happen they never turned up. I'm not trying to let my past control me but I'm more cautious as a reslut.
Reply 3
Original post by Gamerboy97
Well the thing is I know she is not a catfish, she is real. And also while I do want to visit her I've been in a situation where I've visited someone from outside where I live and when it did happen they never turned up. I'm not trying to let my past control me but I'm more cautious as a reslut.

Result

Quick Reply

Latest