The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ak1864
i've heard kaplan is harder than the real thing from a few people but not 100% sure, i tried it myself and found it harder than medify and people say medify is mostly quite accurate so hopefully you should be fine, good luck!

Thank you soo much ak1864.
Could you also give me some details regarding the official website resources and the real thing!!
official website is i think quite accurate but some people say its harder, theres a lot of mixed opinions but i'm saving those official tests for the end since the format is exactly the same and it most resembles the test, you should definitely try at least one official mock and see how your scores are. remember on test day to completely forget about your mock scores and try your best, soo many people score much much higher in their actual test so don't let mocks bog you down!!
Original post by Soham3600
Thank you soo much ak1864.
Could you also give me some details regarding the official website resources and the real thing!!
ANYONE HELP MY SOUL .... how do i get better at Abstract -- seriously its guess work when i do time pracrises on medify ... if i take my time i can eventually get them right.
and i have 3 weeks till my test day -
should i do a mock test to see if ive made improvement or just sve them for crunch time (week of test)

(btw i i got under 540 last mock)
I have 3 weeks too.... are you using SCANSOASIS and looking at the two simplest boxes first?
Original post by hamzah2001
ANYONE HELP MY SOUL .... how do i get better at Abstract -- seriously its guess work when i do time pracrises on medify ... if i take my time i can eventually get them right.
and i have 3 weeks till my test day -
should i do a mock test to see if ive made improvement or just sve them for crunch time (week of test)

(btw i i got under 540 last mock)
Original post by Sososnake
I have 3 weeks too.... are you using SCANSOASIS and looking at the two simplest boxes first?

HI ..
I know what scans is and I do the simplist box but under the time its acc sooo frustrating I end up guessing the last 10+ questions
I just make a list off all the patterns I see and a majority of patterns are variations on previous ones. Some patterns are just impossible on medify while others are very basic and require 15 seconds.
HI ..
I know what scans is and I do the simplist box but under the time its acc sooo frustrating I end up guessing the last 10+ questions
I know where you’re coming from, AR is my most varied section like one minute I’ll get 800 then 600. Anyway from what I can gather most people that have done it have said that AR is easier in the real thing compared to medify.
HI ..
Yup, same here.
Plan is to work complete the verbal reasoning section of 1250 q ukcat book today.
I have 3 weeks too.... are you using SCANSOASIS and lookhiing at the two simplest boxes first?

hi again .. could you tell me what SCANSOASIS is I know the acronym for scans but the OASIS ?? thanks
abstract is very varied because im not that good at reading fast so I wanted 'abstract to balance out the scores' so it makes up for AR
I know where you’re coming from, AR is my most varied section like one minute I’ll get 800 then 600. Anyway from what I can gather most people that have done it have said that AR is easier in the real thing compared to medify.
Planning on using that after being introduced to the ucat using this book
Original post by Faisal.Kanan
@lightningspeed
Have you tried Medify?
Can I revise for the ukcat in 1 week and get above 600. How many hours do u think I wld have to do per day. Pls reply it’s in 6 days, and this is my 2nd time applying, so kinda my last chance 😭 I’ve been putting it off cos I really struggle with it
hi would you have any advice about marks using medify? like i do timed 40qs and i get like 26-27 in QR, around 30 in VR and out of 34 i'd get 22 for DM, are these bad compared to other people?
abstract is very varied because im not that good at reading fast so I wanted 'abstract to balance out the scores' so it makes up for AR
Can anyone tell me what they were getting on VR in practice on medify compared to the real test? I have mine tomorrow!
Original post by Daniellafreedman
Can anyone tell me what they were getting on VR in practice on medify compared to the real test? I have mine tomorrow!

Don’t think about the scores and just focus on the test. I was getting 660-840 on Medify in all VR mocks and mini mocks (with 730-800 mostly) and only got 610 in the actual test yesterday.

Good luck tomorrow! But really, don’t stress over medify scores.
Orientation
Angles
Sides
Intersections
Symmetry
hi again .. could you tell me what SCANSOASIS is I know the acronym for scans but the OASIS ?? thanks
Hi, I did my UCAT last year and had to make the same decision. Originally was booked for the 15th of August but changed it to the 22nd of September. Due to having other commitments.
If you don’t feel confident with your UCAT score currently and think you will in Sept go for it. Take into consideration the amount of time you’ll have in September as well, since A2 content is getting introduced and personal statements.
hi would you have any advice about marks using medify? like i do timed 40qs and i get like 26-27 in QR, around 30 in VR and out of 34 i'd get 22 for DM, are these bad compared to other people?
Original post by lastlullabyy
Don’t think about the scores and just focus on the test. I was getting 660-840 on Medify in all VR mocks and mini mocks (with 730-800 mostly) and only got 610 in the actual test yesterday.

Good luck tomorrow! But really, don’t stress over medify scores.
umm not sure abt qr or dm tho but for vr its apparently the % with a 0 added to the back
so for example 30/40 would be 0.75 so 75% and add a zero to the back so that's abt 750

i got this from all of my mock results haha
aw thank you so much, i've been improving in the timed sections and i still have about 3 weeks, so im gonna start mocks from the 1st onwards.
Original post by rhysreeds
umm not sure abt qr or dm tho but for vr its apparently the % with a 0 added to the back
so for example 30/40 would be 0.75 so 75% and add a zero to the back so that's abt 750

i got this from all of my mock results haha

Latest