The Student Room Group

Best university for foundation year in engineering?

Hoping to study aerospace engineering or EEE - however need to complete a foundation year. What are the best universities in terms of foundation year and engineering courses?
Reply 1
Original post by JamalH
Hoping to study aerospace engineering or EEE - however need to complete a foundation year. What are the best universities in terms of foundation year and engineering courses?

I think @Rolls_Reus_0wnerhad a similar issue to you with lacking A level physics and is applying at the moment - perhaps see if he can help?
take a look at Universiy of Manchester.

I'm currently on their FY engineering programme, going onto Aerospace next year.
It's a foundation year, go to the university which you want to study at after the foundation year. Transferring after foundation year is possible but universities can place some odd requirements on you e.g. needing marks much higher than your original university's pass grade. In some cases they won't really accept other foundation years.

I know quite a few people who originally intended to transfer after their foundation year but the large majority remained and only a couple actually transferred.

In terms of actual quality, for top up foundation years this is going to make absolutely zero difference. For conversion foundation years I also wouldn't worry too much, neither are difficult to pass.
I went to KEELE University and they are renowned for their varied foundation year degrees. Go and have a look.

Afterwards, contact the unis you hopefully want to study Aerospace in and ask the requirements as a foundation year student with percentages so you know what to work for.

I did this and moved to University of Nottingham. Which is 6th in the world for my course.
Original post by Elocin505
I went to KEELE University and they are renowned for their varied foundation year degrees. Go and have a look.

Afterwards, contact the unis you hopefully want to study Aerospace in and ask the requirements as a foundation year student with percentages so you know what to work for.

I did this and moved to University of Nottingham. Which is 6th in the world for my course.

What course did you study?
Original post by JamalH

Hi there! I am currently a 2nd year Keele University student and I studied a Health Foundation Year here. Keele offer many FY programmes which can lead to several different programmes. Which foundation course would you be looking at completing?

Quick Reply

Latest