Never had a boyfriend Watch

ambiebambi101
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've just turned 17 and I've never had a proper boyfriend. I've had a couple of flings where we haven't been serious but I want something more than that. I don't know what to do as I've never really found anyone that I like in that way. Should I start speaking to an old crush or find someone new? Can someone please give me advice on what to do?
Tootles
Badges: 20
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ambiebambi101)
I've just turned 17 and I've never had a proper boyfriend. I've had a couple of flings where we haven't been serious but I want something more than that. I don't know what to do as I've never really found anyone that I like in that way. Should I start speaking to an old crush or find someone new? Can someone please give me advice on what to do?
Do you still like your old crush?

It all depends, really. What are you looking for, what kind of person? How likely is it that being with someone will distract you from school or college work?

It's better not to go out of your way. If you meet someone, you meet someone - but you're not going to meet the right kind of person for you if you're looking.
the_queen
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why are you in a hurry?
SoftGingerCat
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
People start dating at all sorts of ages so no need to feel panicked or pressured into a relationship. I wouldn't suggest talking to an old crush unless you really like him and is not just looking for a relationship. The time will come when the time will come, forcing a relationship on yourself will just end in missed opportunities and sadness, in my opinion, but it could also get you prepared for a real relationship - it depends on how you feel about it. I honeslty think you should wait until you feel the butterflies and your ready for a relationship. Hope this helps~
Kompetenzzentrum
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don’t sweat it too much, things happen when they happen. There’s no set age in which you have to have a boyfriend. In regards to the situation about what you could do if it truly upsets you, you mentioned that you could speak to an old crush. If you don’t still like him, it ultimately won’t work out. Finding new people may indeed be a good shout! You can meet your S/O in unlikely places. Just remember, there’s absolutely no rush.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sounds like you want a relationship for the sake of having a relationship.

Awful idea and completely the wrong way round.
Analyst89
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Relax, you're only 17, you have plenty of time to experience a relationship.

Just focus on your future, do things that make you happy, enjoy life, esteem and be confident in yourself, be and present your best self and someone will come along,
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (70)
15.91%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (44)
10%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (82)
18.64%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (61)
13.86%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (48)
10.91%
How can I be the best version of myself? (135)
30.68%

Watched Threads