Jay1892
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey everyone out there!

It's February and the deadline for the course above has passed. Who has applied? Who has maybe already got a response? Let's wait together and exchange about our experiences!

I have applied by the January deadline - and of course I have not heard back anything. This course is the most competitive course at the Uni of Oxford, so I don't know if I can be optimistic. I have been doing my undergraduate at an Italian university in Medicine and now trying to change directions a little bit. But well I am afraid my chances are little. How about you? What's your background?
Last edited by Jay1892; 1 year ago
Lala1208
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey Jay!

I just received an offer for this programme. This means I am going to OXFORD! Can't believe, so happy! And they have been very fast in their assessment of the applications.

Please keep me updated when you hear any news!
In my case it is still undecided if a scholarship can be attributed to me..

Lala
kkhalas
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey Lala , Congratulations on your offer! could you tell us about your background a bit as in ur previous undergrad degree, gpa, extra cirricular.
eMCieM
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello @Jay1892,

My situation is slightly different from yours, guys . But I'm delighted to follow such a thread and wish you all very good luck!
I'm currently working as a CyberSecurity consultant (obviously a background from engineering) and, in parallel, study a BSc in Politics and International Relations with the University of London. So far, I'm finishing my 2nd (on 3rd year), globally scoring a strong 2:1 :dumbells:. I want to apply for the MSc GGD in 2 years, hopefully with a First (although not necessary from the Oxford website). :indiff:
In parallel of my work, I'm engaged with my local section of Amnesty International and another NGO name the Institute of International & Strategic Relations (IRIS). :rolleyes:
I'm dreaming of completely changing my professional situation and work for inter-governmental agencies, especially those dealing with security issues. :hat:
So all the best luck for you ! :flower:
Cheers !
Charif

(Original post by Jay1892)
Hey everyone out there!

It's February and the deadline for the course above has passed. Who has applied? Who has maybe already got a response? Let's wait together and exchange about our experiences!

I have applied by the January deadline - and of course I have nor heard back anything. This course is the most competitive course at the Uni of Oxford, so don't know if I can be optimistic. I have been doing my undergraduate at an Italian university in Medicine and now trying to change directions a little bit. But well I am afraid my chance are little. How about you? What's your background?
Jay1892
Rep:
?
Hello all!

I have received an offer!! Already some time ago, just forgot a little about this thread in all the excitement. What about everyone else, any news? I find it somehow rude to let you people wait that long for a response. I mean obviously they don't need 8+ weeks to choose their nominees. It's a game of power they play and an expression of their "Oxfordness" (we can allow ourselves to make them wait, because we are OXFORD..) But chin up, you deserve to get feedback on your application soon!

Crossing fingers for everyone! And keep my updated or share your thoughts and worries here! Happy to help!
hwfg
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey congrats!!! Do you mind telling us a bit more about your profile and when did you apply?
(Original post by Jay1892)
Hello all!

I have received an offer!! Already some time ago, just forgot a little about this thread in all the excitement. What about everyone else, any news? I find it somehow rude to let you people wait that long for a response. I mean obviously they don't need 8+ weeks to choose their nominees. It's a game of power they play and an expression of their "Oxfordness" (we can allow ourselves to make them wait, because we are OXFORD..) But chin up, you deserve to get feedback on your application soon!

Crossing fingers for everyone! And keep my updated or share your thoughts and worries here! Happy to help!
Jay1892
Rep:
?
Sure! I applied in January and my profile is somehow special as I did medicine in my previous studies. I have, however, already published two and a half papers (one co-authored). Also, I have worked in humanitarian aid for some time. I am now 25 and looking forward to going back to uni. My grades have been in the 98th percentile...

Let me know if anything else would be of interest for you. Hope so much that you will hear back soon. Hearing anything is always better than just hearing nothing...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (131)
61.5%
I don't have everything I need (82)
38.5%

Watched Threads