I think you mean Milton Keynes
Vinny C
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by turquoise_badger)
I think you mean Milton Keynes
Or Sunderland... they have a choice, yay!
Blue_Cow
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Sharif92)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-politics-47143135

Quite unhelpful language from him, not sure how this will ease divisions or help us deliver Brexit. After all, people voted for Brexit, I didn’t, but we should deliver it. This sort of divisive statement is just going to reinforce the Brexiteers’ confidence in their decision to leave.

No he didn't.

Did you actually listen to the video you linked...?
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thank you so much for letting me know I am a traitor. I will turn myself over to law enforcement officials with a written testimony of my crimes as soon as possible.

Now, to briefly return to the world of reality, I'm a little confused. To support remain isn't to prefer Johnny Foreigner over the UK. Given that we'd be economically worse off if we left via no-deal, surely to support remain means ensuring a better quality of life for UK citizens?

Aren't you the-ahem-"traitors" for supporting a course of action which will lead to economic downturn?
They just want to get it past the point of no return before the damage becomes so widespread they'll no longer be able to blame everyone but themselves. That's why Brexiteer dummies go flying whenever an extension is suggested.
Last edited by Vinny C; 1 week ago
Sentenced_to
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thank you so much for letting me know I am a traitor. I will turn myself over to law enforcement officials with a written testimony of my crimes as soon as possible.

Now, to briefly return to the world of reality, I'm a little confused. To support remain isn't to prefer Johnny Foreigner over the UK. Given that we'd be economically worse off if we left via no-deal, surely to support remain means ensuring a better quality of life for UK citizens?

Aren't you the-ahem-"traitors" for supporting a course of action which will lead to economic downturn?
Some of the winners of the Greek referendum used the same wording for those who voted differently, like traitors, Nazi soldiers etc.
Don't worry, there are morons everywhere. They just happen to be in excess at the euroscepticism side.
MrDystopia
  • Section Leader
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Quite click-baity as a title. He said it when referring to those who had no idea what the plan was, yet still peddled a fantasy Brexit.

Unless you mean that's what all Brexiters are. Which I doubt.

That said, it is pretty strong rhetoric that is quite out of character, the EU have tended to remain quite calm about things all throughout.
random_matt
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Political suicide, brilliant.
viddy9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Unhelpful comments, because he should have known that the mendacious, snivelling supporters of hard Brexit would jump on them for political gain.

Nonetheless, on the substance, he is spot-on. Many long-time supporters of a UK departure from the European Union but who advocated a soft Brexit — the EEA option — are coming out in support of Tusk’s comments today, because the hard Brexiters never had a workable plan.
Strotty
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by generallee)
Typical Remainer. The EU have completely screwed us over (I don't blame THEM for that, that was their job in this negotiation) and you guys support their interests over ours.

You are a traitor to your own country and don't even realise it do you? The British public will though, if there is a second referedum.

Supporting foreigners over your own country is not a good look if you want to win your "People's Vote." Just a hint a to your future tactics.

Remainers have learnt nothing. Nothing.
Just wondering which part of what it was that Rees-Mogg, Johnson, Gove et al said that was actually true that you voted for ?? My mum's a big leaver - ask her why she voted she'll say "oh it's because I don't want them telling us what to do"..... really mum! Everything else is built round a fantasy - what Britain could be like. We are already the world's 5th largest ecomony - BEING IN THE EU! What position will be be in being out of the EU?

General Lee - typical brexiteer approach - claim the remainder mob are traitors / project fear / betrayals. This over-emotional language is why people vote Brexit in the first place. It's not "Project fear" etc - nope - it's "Project-I-know-what-side-my-bread's-biuttered-on" actually. The EU mitigates the extreme left and the extreme right in our country. We leave EU and we're ruled by Rees-Mogg and Johnson. They're ok - they have plenty of cash, but it's the little man that will be left without a job.

Brexiteer response ??/ Typically - "That'll never happen" (and cross fingers).... let's watch what happens with Nissan pulling out of Sunderland. They've already ceased production of new models, so when they pull the plug on Qashquai etc, they'll close the plant. Thousands of jobs. Dyson - he's a big leaver ... what's he done?? Moved his production to Singapore. This guy really puts his money where his mouth is!! Not so much then!

Next time just take mote of when a Brexiteer says "Oh that'll never happen!.... That's Project fear again!" No mate - it's realising when you've got it good!
generallee
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Vinny C)
They just want to get it past the point of no return before the damage becomes so widespread they'll no longer be able to blame everyone but themselves. That's why Brexiteer dummies go flying whenever an extension is suggested.
Correct, we want out now.

But if there is a Second Referendum bring it on. We'll win that too.

There is way to much water under the bridge to turn back now. Britain never loved the EU, never bought into the "European ideal" it was always just a trading area for us. All the same, the short term economic arguments are strong, so if the EU had given Cameron something, just a fig leaf on Freedom of Movement, say, before the Referendum we would have voted Remain probably. But no, the EU did what the EU always does, it acted the schoolyard bully..

It was still probably not too late for Remain. The short term arguments are compelling, so if the EU had treated us with dignity afterwards, the Remoaners could have engineered a Second Referendum (they still might) which they could have won. But the EU did what the EU does. They acted the schoolyard bully again, they never gave us a reason to want to come back.

Dire predictions of economic doom didn't work last time and Remain are making the same mistake again. Led by vile little pygmies like Donald Tusk the People are not going to Vote, in the People's Vote, the way the EU and Remain want. You can take that to the bank. Remainers still think Leavers are racist bigots, still think we are idiots. And they think that is going to persuade us?

It is called democracy. And the fact that this is anathema to the EU is the reason it will take place and that utterly unappealing and undemocratic body is eventually doomed. Remainers in the media and the Civil Service, a Remainer Parliament and Judiciary, in cahoots with their EU friends like Tusk, refusing to accept the democratic will of the British people, all show we were right all along.

If they ask us again, and they might, we will need to tell them, "what didn't you hear the first time?"

And Donald Tusk can go and wish millions of other Europeans to rot in hell. The Greeks perhaps? Thanks to the EU most of them are there already...
Retired_Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You are a traitor to your own country and don't even realise it do you? The British public will though, if there is a second referedum.
I'm sure in the second referendum on whether or not to leave the EU, the British Public will come together to condemn TSR user "turquoise_badger" as a traitor to the nation, before parliament executes them for treason the following Tuesday.
generallee
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Retired_Messiah)
I'm sure in the second referendum on whether or not to leave the EU, the British Public will come together to condemn TSR user "turquoise_badger" as a traitor to the nation, before parliament executes them for treason the following Tuesday.
No they won't. And I was kidding with my "traitor" comment. Duh!

What they won't do, however, is vote by a majority to remain under the leadership of that political giant, the cockwomble, Donald Tusk. I predict anyway.

Because although he can condemn us to hell, if we stay, we can't vote him out.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

But if there is a Second Referendum bring it on. We'll win that too.

There is way to much water under the bridge to turn back now. Britain never loved the EU, never bought into the "European ideal" it was always just a trading area for us. All the same, the short term economic arguments are strong, so if the EU had given Cameron something, just a fig leaf on Freedom of Movement, say, before the Referendum we would have voted Remain probably. But no, the EU did what the EU always does, it acted the schoolyard bully..

It was still probably not too late for Remain. The short term arguments are compelling, so if the EU had treated us with dignity afterwards, the Remoaners could have engineered a Second Referendum (they still might) which they could have won. But the EU did what the EU does. They acted the schoolyard bully again, they never gave us a reason to want to come back.

Dire predictions of economic doom didn't work last time and Remain are making the same mistake again. Led by vile little pygmies like Donald Tusk the People are not going to Vote, in the People's Vote, the way the EU and Remain want. You can take that to the bank. Remainers still think Leavers are racist bigots, still think we are idiots. And they think that is going to persuade us?

It is called democracy. And the fact that this is anathema to the EU is the reason it will take place and that utterly unappealing and undemocratic body is eventually doomed. Remainers in the media and the Civil Service, a Remainer Parliament and Judiciary, in cahoots with their EU friends like Tusk, refusing to accept the democratic will of the British people, all show we were right all along.

If they ask us again, and they might, we will need to tell them, "what didn't you hear the first time?"
The problem lies with all the false promises and fantasies we did hear, not what we didn't. Don't get fooled again!
StriderHort
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Unhelpful comments? *shrug* His job isn't to help the UK and never has been, show me a UK party doing anything helpful? :rolleyes:
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Remainers still think Leavers are racist bigots, still think we are idiots. And they think that is going to persuade us?
Nice of you to agree with me and yes... the kid gloves will have to come off in the event of a second referendum. Remain need to realise that nothing will persuade you, their target vote needs to be the abstainers. Come on guys... leave won last time because of a master strategist briefed to win at any cost. You haven't even got a slogan yet... sheesh... the truth alone is simply not enough.
generallee
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by StriderHort)
Unhelpful comments? *shrug* His job isn't to help the UK and never has been, show me a UK party doing anything helpful? :rolleyes:
I agree that has never been his job. And he doesn't.

So why did we allow him to wield enourmous power over us then? And why are Remainers arguing that he should continue to do so?
Retired_Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No they won't.
I know.
generallee
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Vinny C)
Nice of you to agree with me and yes... the kid gloves will have to come off in the event of a second referendum. Remain need to realise that nothing will persuade you, their target vote needs to be the abstainers. Come on guys... leave won last time because of a master strategist briefed to win at any cost. You haven't even got a slogan yet... sheesh... the truth alone is simply not enough.
"The truth shall set you free." John 8:32

But only voting Leave will do that, not Remain. Looks like we have yet another slogan!
Tawheed
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Talk about click bait.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (49)
9.37%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.68%
No, but I want to start (188)
35.95%
No, I am unable to (122)
23.33%
No, I chose not to (150)
28.68%