(Original post by DJKL)
They are offering a WA, the one the H of C has declined will be ratified by the EU countries if the Uk wants it ratified.
Sorry DKJL but that is NOT a Withdrawal Agreement.
It is an agreement that leaves us under EU rules and regs, under their control and for an indefinite period. It can not therefore be deemed a WITHDRAWal Agreement.
A Withdrawal Agreement must as a minimum see us actually WITHDRAW, to leave the EU, to leave its control, otherwise it's nothing but a sham and that is sadly what we have.
The EU is NOT offering the UK a Withdrawal Agreement because :
1) It doesn't want us to leave
2) It has no intention of allowing us to leave
3) It sees a need to make an example of the UK to prevent other member states thinking of leaving
4) It doesn't respect or care about UK democracy
5) It only cares about protecting its position of power on a global stage
6) It's member states stand to lose billions from lost trade with us
7) It stands to lose the 39 billion from us in payments
The whole thing is a farce and a betrayal of the EU Treaties. We SHOULD be allowed to simply leave on decent terms.
The EU is NOT offering us any kind of Withdrawal Agreement, it is only offering us "Stay In" agreements.
On this basis we have ONE and ONLY ONE OPTION.
We must leave with NO DEAL as soon as humanly possible.
Once we do that, the EU will HAVE to play ball and come to the negotiating table properly.
NO DEAL it has to be.