EU’s Donald Tusk says there is a special place in Hell for Brexiteers Watch

Vinny C
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by DJKL)
Really- that simple. And in this time line of yours, between our leaving and the new trade arrangements being put in place, what was intended to happen re UK industry, farmers etc, they all of course had the resources to take incredibly large reductions in income for a sustained period yet still be in existence when the promised land of the negotiated trade deal finally arrived.

Pure fantasy, could not have been delivered without destroying a very large number of individuals re their employment, they would then be without work, needing to claim benefits, soaring UK budget deficit, massively reducing tax receipts.
The trick was in getting people to fall for their fantasies. Human nature naturally opts for the land of milk and honey if offered, even if undeliverable. The latest fantasy seems to be that the govt is deliberately messing up in order to reverse the outcome. Let's see... shall we go for accolade, ovations and cries of well done you Tories or shall we deliberately opt to be labelled incompetent buffoons unable to organise a stroll in the park? Hmm... and still Brexiteers believe the latter. Unbelievable!
Last edited by Vinny C; 1 week ago
PilgrimOfTruth
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Vinny C)
The trick was in getting people to fall for their fantasies. Human nature naturally opts for the land of milk and honey if offered, even if undeliverable. The latest fantasy seems to be that the govt is deliberately messing up in order to reverse the outcome. Let's see... shall we go for accolade, ovations and cries of well done you Tories or shall we deliberately opt to be labelled incompetent buffoons unable to organise a stroll in the park? Hmm... and still Brexiteers believe the latter. Unbelievable!
Nice rhetoric Vinny but really fooling no-one imho.

Savvy UK citizens can see clearly that Teresa May is simply working for the EU and is a puppet doing what she is told. The deal on the table is not "May's deal"
it is the EU's deal. Its a joke. Utterly laughable. It's not a WITHDRAWal deal at all as it doesn't actually see us leave but rather keeps us
entrenched in the EU, under its rules and control and worryingly, on an indefinite basis.

This is all very authoritarian. Under the EU Treaty we are supposed to be able to leave with a Withdrawal Agreement yet the EU are clearly not offering one.

The EU is essentially saying take a fudge deal that doesn't actually allow us to leave, or leave with no deal.

So much for the Treaties !

The EU is an embarrassment. On a global stage it is visible that one of the largest member states is having to leave because the EU collective has
become a huge problem, that it has morphed from an initial ideological dream to becoming a federal state. There is far far more at stake here than
just a member state leaving. The entire EU is now at stake as the world looks on and as the other member states can see that actually they might
be trapped inside this collective with no real way out. BrExit is imho just the beginning of many other Exits. In future years we are going to see the
EU undertake all manner of things to prevent other members leaving. Their little empire is creaking at the seams imho. Staying in it is simply not
an option. It is a sinking ship. No reason for us or anyone else for that matter to go down with the ship.

We need to leave with NO DEAL as soon as possible. It is the only way we will ever be able to Leave.
Sentenced_to
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Great delirium. Well done!
generallee
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Same old same old. People who voted Brexit were living in a fantasy land and were too stupid to know the economic consequences. They were expecting Britain to suddenly become a land of milk and honey as soon as we left. And my favourite "no-one voted to be poorer!"

How on earth do you know the reason more than seventeen and a half million people voted? Can't you see how ridiculous your claim to understand this unbelievably complex dynamic is? (as well, of course, as self deafeatingly arrogant and patronising).

I was well aware that I was likely to be poorer (actually not as rich as I might have been, in my case, as I am pretty financially fortunate) but I didn't make my vote on economic grounds, Leavers need to understand that not everything is about money. And although I can't speak for the other seventeen and a half, I suspect they knew very well there would be adverse economic consequences. Dire projections of ecoomic catastrophe was the only thing the Remain campaign talked about, after all.

That was the campaign there not being any POSITIVE reasons for wanting to Remain, it would seem. Maybe in the Second Referendum, if we have one, you guys could give some thought to that? Some descriptions of the land of milk and honey being under the thumb of a foreign elite will entail? But it will be a hard sell. If we Remain this country will be cease to be a sovereign nation in any serious sense. We will have tried to break free and had to come crawling back to our masters in Brussels. We might as well shut down Westminster altogether. They can govern us from across the channel by email.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by generallee)
Same old same old. People who voted Brexit were living in a fantasy land and were too stupid to know the economic consequences. They were expecting Britain to suddenly become a land of milk and honey as soon as we left. And my favourite "no-one voted to be poorer!"

How on earth do you know the reason more than seventeen and a half million people voted? Can't you see how ridiculous your claim to understand this unbelievably complex dynamic is? (as well, of course, as self deafeatingly arrogant and patronising).

I was well aware that I was likely to be poorer (actually not as rich as I might have been, in my case, as I am pretty financially fortunate) but I didn't make my vote on economic grounds, Leavers need to understand that not everything is about money. And although I can't speak for the other seventeen and a half, I suspect they knew very well there would be adverse economic consequences. Dire projections of ecoomic catastrophe was the only thing the Remain campaign talked about, after all.

That was the campaign there not being any POSITIVE reasons for wanting to Remain, it would seem. Maybe in the Second Referendum, if we have one, you guys could give some thought to that? Some descriptions of the land of milk and honey being under the thumb of a foreign elite will entail? But it will be a hard sell. If we Remain this country will be cease to be a sovereign nation in any serious sense. We will have tried to break free and had to come crawling back to our masters in Brussels. We might as well shut down Westminster altogether. They can govern us from across the channel by email.
I could live with they were living in fantasy land, they were promised fantasies. My concern is that they still are.
PilgrimOfTruth
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You have to feel for the EU stooges currently active on all forums across the UK. All the effort being put in to try and dissuade UK citizens from wanting to Leave, but all of it wasted effort.

They just don't seem to understand that the majority of people simply don't want to be in the EU. We live in a democratic country. Why can't they accept our democratic decision and support our desire to leave?

This simply adds more and more weight to our reasons for wanting to leave.

The EU is supposed to be an amicable club. A member state leaving the EU is supposed to be absolutely natural, a clear option laid down in the EU Treaties.
They mandate that you can either leave with a Withdrawal Deal or just leave (no deal). Both are entirely valid and legal options under the Treaty.

Why then is the EU NOT offering us a Withdrawal Agreement?

This arrogant and belligerent act demonstrates admirably why people want out of this emerging totalitarian regime.

We value our freedoms, our constitutional rights and traditions. We don't want those stripped away and to be assimilated into the Federal States of Europe.

That's why we want to Leave

Suck it up stooges.
Last edited by PilgrimOfTruth; 1 week ago
DJKL
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by PilgrimOfTruth)
You have to feel for the EU stooges currently active on all forums across the UK. All the effort being put in to try and dissuade UK citizens from wanting to Leave, but all of it wasted effort.

They just don't seem to understand that the majority of people simply don't want to be in the EU. We live in a democratic country. Why can't they accept our democratic decision and support our desire to leave?

This simply adds more and more weight to our reasons for wanting to leave.

The EU is supposed to be an amicable club. A member state leaving the EU is supposed to be absolutely natural, a clear option laid down in the EU Treaties.
They mandate that you can either leave with a Withdrawal Deal or just leave (no deal). Both are entirely valid and legal options under the Treaty.

Why then is the EU NOT offering us a Withdrawal Agreement?

This arrogant and belligerent act demonstrates admirably why people want out of this emerging totalitarian regime.

We value our freedoms, our constitutional rights and traditions. We don't want those stripped away and to be assimilated into the Federal States of Europe.

That's why we want to Leave

Suck it up stooges.
They are offering a WA, the one the H of C has declined will be ratified by the EU countries if the Uk wants it ratified.

What they will not do is offer the UK a future relationship of cross border recognition of standards say, a Customs Union, instant access into the EU from the UK when the UK is not prepared to follow the same external tariffs to the rest of the world as the EU members and some of the rules that such alignment requires.

You cannot have free access to their markets whilst opening your own to anyone without the EU having a say. This is not unusual, Canada's deal with the EU does not allow Canada to receive XXX into its economy ,from the R of W ,and pass these imports into Canada into the EU, there are rules with all trade agreements.

So, we have a deal, it is pretty poor because HMG drew some red lines within the negotiating parameters, draw different red lines and the EU will be able to offer more or less depending upon where they are drawn, but it is a nonsense to say they will not do a deal it is just that we are not prepared to pay their price for what we want.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
FFS, I couldn't care less about what a jumped up bureaucrat says about a make believe place
Last edited by ColinDent; 1 week ago
Axiomasher
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Brexiteers are going to turn the UK into hell, listening to them bang on about immigrants every time they open their mouth is bad enough. Yes, I'm hoarding essentials now.
Burton Bridge
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Axiomasher)
Brexiteers are going to turn the UK into hell, listening to them bang on about immigrants every time they open their mouth is bad enough. Yes, I'm hoarding essentials now.
Maybe try listening to what people whom voted leave actually are saying instead of watching their mouth move and listening to what you're prejudiced mind perceives us to be saying.

If you did this you might have an idea why 52% of the country voted leave.
Sentenced_to
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
Maybe try listening to what people whom voted leave actually are saying instead of watching their mouth move and listening to what you're prejudiced mind perceives us to be saying.

No one is watching your mouth move. Most of you sound/write like a bot.
Axiomasher
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago

Thanks for that non-statement, Vladimir.
generallee
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
You are not the only Remoaner to do that. Jesting aside, It really IS starting.

They have run out of quinoa in my local Waitrose, and there wasn't an avocado to be seen...
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by generallee)
You are not the only Remoaner to do that. Jesting aside, It really IS starting.

They have run out of quinoa in my local Waitrose, and there wasn't an avocado to be seen...
Our tesco ran out of baked beans the other week bloody EU membership/Bexit must be to blame rather than someone messed the stocks/orders up!

(Original post by Sentenced_to)
No one is watching your mouth move. Most of you sound/write like a bot.
Holier than thou? You're not watching our mouths move as well as not listening to a word we are saying, well its no wonder why you lost the referendum is it?

Thanks for that non-statement, Vladimir.
It's not a non statement it's quite a real one and a powerful one at that
PilgrimOfTruth
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by DJKL)
They are offering a WA, the one the H of C has declined will be ratified by the EU countries if the Uk wants it ratified.
Sorry DKJL but that is NOT a Withdrawal Agreement.

It is an agreement that leaves us under EU rules and regs, under their control and for an indefinite period. It can not therefore be deemed a WITHDRAWal Agreement.

A Withdrawal Agreement must as a minimum see us actually WITHDRAW, to leave the EU, to leave its control, otherwise it's nothing but a sham and that is sadly what we have.

The EU is NOT offering the UK a Withdrawal Agreement because :

1) It doesn't want us to leave
2) It has no intention of allowing us to leave
3) It sees a need to make an example of the UK to prevent other member states thinking of leaving
4) It doesn't respect or care about UK democracy
5) It only cares about protecting its position of power on a global stage
6) It's member states stand to lose billions from lost trade with us
7) It stands to lose the 39 billion from us in payments

The whole thing is a farce and a betrayal of the EU Treaties. We SHOULD be allowed to simply leave on decent terms.

The EU is NOT offering us any kind of Withdrawal Agreement, it is only offering us "Stay In" agreements.

On this basis we have ONE and ONLY ONE OPTION.

We must leave with NO DEAL as soon as humanly possible.

Once we do that, the EU will HAVE to play ball and come to the negotiating table properly.

NO DEAL it has to be.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago

I have... the top half of this. What worries me most is that you still believe in the Farage fantasy.

Last edited by Vinny C; 5 days ago
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I have... the top half of this. What worries me most is that you still believe in the Farage fantasy.

I'm afraid this is just showing your own prejudice Vinny, are you really that narrow minded?
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by ColinDent)
I'm afraid this is just showing your own prejudice Vinny, are you really that narrow minded?
I'm not the guy in the picture... you just keep on walking into them.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by ColinDent)
Yes, unfortunately he is! What's worse is he's clearly not on his own either.

What this website has taught me is prejudice is in abundance within remain voters, there's bigoted people from and within every corner of the political spectrum.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I'm not the guy in the picture... you just keep on walking into them.
Yea don't think he meant that, I think his point has flew straight over you're head.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (49)
9.37%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.68%
No, but I want to start (188)
35.95%
No, I am unable to (122)
23.33%
No, I chose not to (150)
28.68%