The Student Room Group

should I tell my friend not to do Ncs

this might need a bit of explaining
I've signed up to to NCS a few months ago, with the intention of making new friends and forcing myself out of my comfort zone to go alone
I recently found out that one of my friends had also signed up for the same wave (we both didn't know about the other), but I could deal with that because we're not hugely close and we both want to make new friends.
however, one of my best friends also wants to sign up now. she says she wants to do it but not alone, and asked if she could do the same one as me
I explained that I would rather not go with anyone else + explained the thing about fixing myself to make friends and she she understands
but I don't want to stop her going on NCS, she won't go without me (and she has extreme anxiety so she's not 'just being clingy'), and I don't want to go on the same wave as her.
I'm stuck as to what to do right now. I don't want to disappoint anyone and I can't really see how to compromise
I know I may sound selfish but any help appreciated.
Original post by bumblebeehugger
this might need a bit of explaining
I've signed up to to NCS a few months ago, with the intention of making new friends and forcing myself out of my comfort zone to go alone
I recently found out that one of my friends had also signed up for the same wave (we both didn't know about the other), but I could deal with that because we're not hugely close and we both want to make new friends.
however, one of my best friends also wants to sign up now. she says she wants to do it but not alone, and asked if she could do the same one as me
I explained that I would rather not go with anyone else + explained the thing about fixing myself to make friends and she she understands
but I don't want to stop her going on NCS, she won't go without me (and she has extreme anxiety so she's not 'just being clingy'), and I don't want to go on the same wave as her.
I'm stuck as to what to do right now. I don't want to disappoint anyone and I can't really see how to compromise
I know I may sound selfish but any help appreciated.

might be a bit late now, but honestly waves are massive so even if you are on the same wave together you probably won't be together that much. You do most activities in your group which is way smaller. there were a ton of people I never even spoke to on my wave, so you'll definitely still make new friends and branch out. I did NCS with my close friend in the same wave and even same group as me, and even then it was really easy to make new friends and we didn't spend all our time together. we were put in separate dorms for both weeks as well and often they try mix people around.
so don't worry, I'd recommend going on NCS on the same wave but maybe not same group, it'll be a nice experience for you and it'll still defo be a step out of your comfort zone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending