Keep feeling light headed, dizzy Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Today and yesterday I have gone lightheaded, feeling dizzy around three times, I have been a little stressed out recently but worried my lightheadedness could be down to something else. should I be concerned?
EloiseSamaha
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Have you been eating, drinking and sleeping enough? And what have you been eating?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by EloiseSamaha)
Have you been eating, drinking and sleeping enough? And what have you been eating?
Ive been eating and drinking normal, just been eating normal food, chicken, rice etc and have been sleeping enough, thanks for your reply!
EloiseSamaha
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Ive been eating and drinking normal, just been eating normal food, chicken, rice etc and have been sleeping enough, thanks for your reply!
That's odd... Are you eating enough fruits and vegetables? Or getting enough iron? You may have an iron deficiency or something or your blood pressure might be a bit low
tamil fever
Badges: 17
Report 2 weeks ago
Not enough iron etc?do u drink plenty of water.
I would say go see you gp or have a blood test
Anonymous #1
(Original post by EloiseSamaha)
That's odd... Are you eating enough fruits and vegetables? Or getting enough iron? You may have an iron deficiency or something or your blood pressure might be a bit low
(Original post by tamil fever)
Not enough iron etc?do u drink plenty of water.
I would say go see you gp or have a blood test
Thank you both for your replies, I will book an appointment with the doctor tomorrow, I do have an overactive thyroid, wondering if it could be due to that. Really appreciate both of your help
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Today and yesterday I have gone lightheaded, feeling dizzy around three times, I have been a little stressed out recently but worried my lightheadedness could be down to something else. should I be concerned?
I've suffered from this for several years now and have fainted a couple of times. I had low blood pressure and was borderline anaemic, so it's worth going to your doctor and getting tests done.

For me now luckily it's gone away mostly. The only time it happens is if I don't eat for several hours.

Make sure you stand up slowly etc to avoid feeling dizzy even more.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
EloiseSamaha
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Thank you both for your replies, I will book an appointment with the doctor tomorrow, I do have an overactive thyroid, wondering if it could be due to that. Really appreciate both of your help
Oh it coul be due to your thyroid yeah, it's good you'll see a professional tmrw good luck with it!
Anonymous #1
I have recently gone through a break up could it be because of stress from that? Thanks guys!
Little Popcorns
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Stress?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Little Popcorns)
Stress?
I’ve recently gone through a break up and had some anxiety, it’s been stressful so wondering if that could be the cause I’ll ask my doctor when I have my appointment
Kindred
  • TSR Support Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If there's nothing obvious that could be contributing (been more active, not drank much, not eaten much, not sleept much, had some alcohol etc) and it's feeling intrusive or lasting a while (like not just the once and now you feel totally fine) then it's probably worth checking in with your GP. It's still most likely no big deal, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Sounds like maybe you're feeling a bit stressed and emotional right now cos of that breakup so as long as is not getting in the way of things maybe see how you feel after a couple of days and give yourself a little extra tlc.
Does it feel like the dizziness came about at around the same time as the breakup? If so that would be a pretty good indication that it's connected. If not then maybe skip the wait and see and just book a GP appt. Honestly they take a little while anyway so you can anyways book, see how things go while you wait for the appt and cancel it off your feel fine.

Obviously don't go doing anything that would be risky if you got dizzy. No tightrope walking over alligator infested waters till you're feeling better!

Hope you feel better soon
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Kindred)
If there's nothing obvious that could be contributing (been more active, not drank much, not eaten much, not sleept much, had some alcohol etc) and it's feeling intrusive or lasting a while (like not just the once and now you feel totally fine) then it's probably worth checking in with your GP. It's still most likely no big deal, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Sounds like maybe you're feeling a bit stressed and emotional right now cos of that breakup so as long as is not getting in the way of things maybe see how you feel after a couple of days and give yourself a little extra tlc.
Does it feel like the dizziness came about at around the same time as the breakup? If so that would be a pretty good indication that it's connected. If not then maybe skip the wait and see and just book a GP appt. Honestly they take a little while anyway so you can anyways book, see how things go while you wait for the appt and cancel it off your feel fine.

Obviously don't go doing anything that would be risky if you got dizzy. No tightrope walking over alligator infested waters till you're feeling better!

Hope you feel better soon
Hi, thanks so much for your reply! I haven’t been doing anything out of the ordinary just doing normal things really, I booked a doctors appointment this morning for next next Tuesday, I haven’t been light headed so far today hopefully I won’t be again now, but will still go to the doctor just to be sure, thanks again!
Kindred
  • TSR Support Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi, thanks so much for your reply! I haven’t been doing anything out of the ordinary just doing normal things really, I booked a doctors appointment this morning for next next Tuesday, I haven’t been light headed so far today hopefully I won’t be again now, but will still go to the doctor just to be sure, thanks again!
Sounds like a good plan. I hope it all goes well for you.
Little Popcorns
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I’ve recently gone through a break up and had some anxiety, it’s been stressful so wondering if that could be the cause I’ll ask my doctor when I have my appointment
Good plan
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (97)
14.85%
Yes - a food allergy (71)
10.87%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (16)
2.45%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (18)
2.76%
No (451)
69.07%

Watched Threads