Visit to school.. HELP!

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I am going to go next week to pay a visit to my school, now I'm at university in my first year. and I had made a promise to my teachers that I would deffo come and visit.

I have contacted the school and they're going to let me know whether the day I want to Ok I in is suitable.
At school I was a very friendly and hardworking student and got on well with most of my teachers , we joked around alot etc.

I don't want it to be awkward when i go and visit so how can i prevent it from being awkward?
I am thinking of going maybe towards the last hour of the day as I hope at this time teachers will be less busy and won't be really teaching... as the students would already be assigned a task.

I have anxiety so as you can guess I am worried and nervous

Especially as one of my friends went in recently and she's quiet and wasn't as close to the teacher's as I was and she said it was awkward and she didn't see many of the teacher's: maybe because she went at the very end of the school day, where most teachers would have gone home...

Hence I'm hoping to go in the last hour before the end of the school day is this a good time to go??
Or shall I go in and from maybe 11-12 where it's changeover into form time, so maybe teachers won't be very busy during the 30mins form time?

How can i prevent things from being awkward, i was a favourite student of many teachers so I'm sure they'll look forward to chatting to me but because of my friends experience it's left me abit worried

Please help me

Thank you!
EloiseSamaha
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
SInce you were close to teachers I'm sure it will be fine, just be open and don't be shy, start conversations and it won't be awkward! Keep talking and catch up with them, they'll carry the conversation too and calm yourself before you go in so you feel confident about yourself
Anonymous #1
Thank you!!
I hope you are right!! I just don't want to pop in at a busy time. I'm hoping the last hour before school ends is a good time to visit. As I don't want to be a bother, especially when they're busy.
And I don't want to go in at the end of the day because I'm sure they'll want to be home
EloiseSamaha
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you!!
I hope you are right!! I just don't want to pop in at a busy time. I'm hoping the last hour before school ends is a good time to visit. As I don't want to be a bother, especially when they're busy.
And I don't want to go in at the end of the day because I'm sure they'll want to be home
Don't worry about being a bother, no one minds a short 5-minute conversation to catch up! I'm sure they'll be happy to see you again
Yes if you go near the end of the day or during break time that would probably be good for them!
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Your teachers will be thrilled to see you again! You said you got on well with them when you were at school, and were considered a favourite of many so I'm sure it won't be awkward at all.

If you are worried about any awkwardness then think of a few stories you could tell them about university, a few questions about how they're getting on and a few questions about school events (such as in school competitions, sports day, theatre etc). Hopefully this should mean the conversation won't risk running dry, but I'm sure it will flow naturally anyway!

Relax as much as possible- wear comfy clothes and make sure you've eaten properly beforehand. I find this helps when I'm feeling anxious.

Hope you have a lovely time!

Lucy
sandytablet
Badges: 20
Report 2 years ago
You shouldn't be left worried by your friend's experience because, as you say, you were closer to the teachers than she was. If anything, it will be less awkward.

I, personally, would go at the end of the day because it seems more chill and also you have a reason to leave sooner if you want.
Anonymous #1
Thank you so much

Sorry I just have anxiety!

Could you please help me on any questions that I can ask in relation to how they are getting on?
(1 teacher I stay in touch with through email anyways!)
Thank you
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I am going to go next week to pay a visit to my school, now I'm at university in my first year. and I had made a promise to my teachers that I would deffo come and visit.

I have contacted the school and they're going to let me know whether the day I want to Ok I in is suitable.
At school I was a very friendly and hardworking student and got on well with most of my teachers , we joked around alot etc.

I don't want it to be awkward when i go and visit so how can i prevent it from being awkward?
I am thinking of going maybe towards the last hour of the day as I hope at this time teachers will be less busy and won't be really teaching... as the students would already be assigned a task.

I have anxiety so as you can guess I am worried and nervous

Especially as one of my friends went in recently and she's quiet and wasn't as close to the teacher's as I was and she said it was awkward and she didn't see many of the teacher's: maybe because she went at the very end of the school day, where most teachers would have gone home...

Hence I'm hoping to go in the last hour before the end of the school day is this a good time to go??
Or shall I go in and from maybe 11-12 where it's changeover into form time, so maybe teachers won't be very busy during the 30mins form time?

How can i prevent things from being awkward, i was a favourite student of many teachers so I'm sure they'll look forward to chatting to me but because of my friends experience it's left me abit worried

Please help me

Thank you!
Hey that is so nice that they want you to visit. It is a difficult time - the time between school and university. They clearly want you to be a fantastic example of how easy it is to cross that line. Well done.

Be a little bit edgy and a little bit cool - you are a uni student. But still - look hey I loved school and you will all love uni.... And go at lunchtime - you will probably get asked into classes to talk about things. Well done
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
21.56%
Excited but a bit nervous (123)
45.72%
Not bothered either way (35)
13.01%
I'm really nervous (53)
19.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed