Pink fizz
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
On average what's the grade boundary for an A for aqa psychology? Has it ever been as high as 80%?
学生の父
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Pink fizz)
On average what's the grade boundary for an A for aqa psychology? Has it ever been as high as 80%?
Last year,2018, the new linear A-level demanded 66% to get an A grade (notionally 67%, 65% and 67% in the three papers).

In 2017, the A grade boundary was 67% (69%, 70%, 63%).

2016 was the last year to use modular UMS-based papers. Each of the 4 papers had the same weighting: 73%, 73%, 67%, 68% respectively for an A grade.

I will go back one more modular year to 2015: 81%, 72%, 63%, 69%.

You're welcome to go further back in time if you like, but it seems very unlikely that 80% will demanded of aspiring A grade students for the AQA Psychology A-level. Knock yourself out: http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administ...tables-archive
Pink fizz
Rep:
?
(Original post by 学生の父)
Last year,2018, the new linear A-level demanded 66% to get an A grade (notionally 67%, 65% and 67% in the three papers).

In 2017, the A grade boundary was 67% (69%, 70%, 63%).

2016 was the last year to use modular UMS-based papers. Each of the 4 papers had the same weighting: 73%, 73%, 67%, 68% respectively for an A grade.

I will go back one more modular year to 2015: 81%, 72%, 63%, 69%.

You're welcome to go further back in time if you like, but it seems very unlikely that 80% will demanded of aspiring A grade students for the AQA Psychology A-level. Knock yourself out: http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administ...tables-archive
Thank you. I didn't think it was that high but it's just what we're told at college
学生の父
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Pink fizz)
Thank you. I didn't think it was that high but it's just what we're told at college
I believe that's called behaviourism, isn't it? Telling you something in order to trigger a response. Or have I got psychology totally messed up!

The evidence suggests something other than what your college is telling you, but I think they're trying to get you all to gird up your loins for a final push for grades.
Pink fizz
Rep:
?
(Original post by 学生の父)
I believe that's called behaviourism, isn't it? Telling you something in order to trigger a response. Or have I got psychology totally messed up!

The evidence suggests something other than what your college is telling you, but I think they're trying to get you all to gird up your loins for a final push for grades.
Yeah that's pretty much it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (61)
29.05%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (15)
7.14%
No I am happy with my choice (118)
56.19%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (16)
7.62%

Watched Threads