The Student Room Group

Birth control alone safe??

Hi,
So I am on birth control at the moment (co-cyprindiol) and I was wondering if other people who are on this birth control/other similar ones also use male condoms when having sex?
Me and my bf are getting serious but not had sex yet, but i just wanted to get others opinions on if you just use birth control alone or also use a condom for double protection?
Is it safe to use birth control alone or am i better to just use a condom too to be safe?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,
So I am on birth control at the moment (co-cyprindiol) and I was wondering if other people who are on this birth control/other similar ones also use male condoms when having sex?
Me and my bf are getting serious but not had sex yet, but i just wanted to get others opinions on if you just use birth control alone or also use a condom for double protection?
Is it safe to use birth control alone or am i better to just use a condom too to be safe?

No contraception is 100% effective, it's up to you if you're comfortable just using the pill or if you want to use condoms too.
Reply 2
If you want to be protected about sexually transmitted infections then I would use a condom too. If you've bothered recently been tested for STI's and you're happy you're both clear it's up to you!
Reply 3
Always wear a condom anyway, in order to protect against STDs (sexually transmitted diseases).
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
Always wear a condom anyway, in order to protect against STD (sexually transmitted dieseases).
Reply 5
It's totally up to you and what you feel,
If the ppill alone is enough for you and you are both clean of stis sure!

If it's not enough use some condoms for peace of mind :smile:

I ppersonally tried condoms with the pill but since switching to the implant we don't now
Original post by Anonymous

Is it safe to use birth control alone ?

The clue is in the name :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest