Cannot pass the qts maths!!!! Watch

LucyDee1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi there,

I really feel for you, as I can see your passion for teaching! YouTube videos really helped me, and, when you have your whiteboard, sit down and immediately write out your iffy times tables, and fractions.

For me, I wrote down the 6, 7 and 8 timestables, and I also wrote down that 0.125 is an eighth and that 0.875 is 7/8 or seven eighths. This really helped me, as I then had a memory bank to refer to and just had to make sure I listened to the questions. Also, write down the important part of the question as she’s reading it out for the first time.

Practice makes perfect. If you are still struggling, maybe seek an assessment for discalculia - if you are feeling fuzzy and confused when you try to picture fractions and numbers, perhaps something is holding you back that needs to be sorted out first? I’m no expert, but a few children at my school have this, it’s a little like dyslexia, but for number processing instead.

Wishing you the very best of luck!
Lucy
Petetyerman
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I think a discalculia and dyslexia screening test you might have i memory issues which could give these results
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (93)
16.61%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (58)
10.36%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (99)
17.68%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (84)
15%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (56)
10%
How can I be the best version of myself? (170)
30.36%

Watched Threads