How much did you revise? Watch

Randoman019
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
For people in years 12 and 13, how much revision did you do for GCSEs and how early did you start revision for them? How long did it take you to re/learn content in the 2/3 months leading up to exams. How did you manage to fit revision for everything in etc...?

Sorry that's a lot of questions lmao but I'm bricking it. Which also reminds me, how did you revise and yet chill at the same time?
fabulous1805
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi, I finished a levels last year and I didn’t revise until a few weeks before. I’m at uni now, but my advice is to start early and do revision a little each day, say 2 hours and then chill. Don’t revise everyday maybe 5 times a week but on some days just go out with friends. Don’t leave it all last minute as a levels have so much content and your results will count and you don’t wanna regret not studying on results day but you gotta be human too!!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Randoman019
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by fabulous1805)
Hi, I finished a levels last year and I didn’t revise until a few weeks before. I’m at uni now, but my advice is to start early and do revision a little each day, say 2 hours and then chill. Don’t revise everyday maybe 5 times a week but on some days just go out with friends. Don’t leave it all last minute as a levels have so much content and your results will count and you don’t wanna regret not studying on results day but you gotta be human too!!
Thank you! Big help cos I was not sure at all how to manage time outside school. So my exams start 14th May so 2 hours is OK? Or do you reckon I should do more cos I still gotta make complete notes and learn them.
tesconyc
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
started after Easter like a little a day. but I crammed the day before each exam like some all nighters

edit don't do what I did I got 4b's 5c's
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by tesconyc; 1 week ago
maylam0515
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Randoman019)
For people in years 12 and 13, how much revision did you do for GCSEs and how early did you start revision for them? How long did it take you to re/learn content in the 2/3 months leading up to exams. How did you manage to fit revision for everything in etc...?

Sorry that's a lot of questions lmao but I'm bricking it. Which also reminds me, how did you revise and yet chill at the same time?
I remember my GCSEs clearly since it was only two years ago and it was like cotton candy in comparison to A-levels... Didn't revise at all except for Chem and ended up getting

A*(Business Studies)
A*(Chinese First Language)
A*(Biology)
A(Physics)
A(Chemistry)
A(Math)
A(English First Language)
B(Spanish)
B(English literature)

My advice would be to start at Easter break, that would give you sufficient time to revise for the entire syllabus before exams in May/June. Oh and definitely do revise hard for your GCSEs so you can reach your full potential, I didn't and still end up regretting it till this day... Good universities definitely put an emphasis on your GCSEs as it's a partial indication of your academic potential since you'll be applying to univerisites with your predicted A-level grades and not your acheived ones. Good Luck!!
username4365740
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Didn't revise, 6bs (class civ, double sci, history, PE, ICT) 2a (Eng, math) rest Ds/Cs. Got lucky I guess.
2 Years on, hold offers to Kings, Durham, Notts. GCSE's ARE important but not the end all if you don't get super good results. Lots of mates didn't do too well and are now at good uni's. Just make sure you do well in math English and science as these are usually standard req. at uni, depending on your course selection ofc. N if interested in medicine these need to be straight As / A*.
Far ahead I know but wish someone told me this when I was in GCSEs.

Hope it helped.
Last edited by username4365740; 6 days ago
Randoman019
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by maylam0515)
I remember my GCSEs clearly since it was only two years ago and it was like cotton candy in comparison to A-levels... Didn't revise at all except for Chem and ended up getting

A*(Business Studies)
A*(Chinese First Language)
A*(Biology)
A(Physics)
A(Chemistry)
A(Math)
A(English First Language)
B(Spanish)
B(English literature)

My advice would be to start at Easter break, that would give you sufficient time to revise for the entire syllabus before exams in May/June. Oh and definitely do revise hard for your GCSEs so you can reach your full potential, I didn't and still end up regretting it till this day... Good universities definitely put an emphasis on your GCSEs as it's a partial indication of your academic potential since you'll be applying to univerisites with your predicted A-level grades and not your acheived ones. Good Luck!!
Thanks a lot lol this was a big help. What did you do at A level?
anonymous1231231
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Started around easter, couple hours a day maybe 4 or 5 days a week?
Got 6A*s and 4As.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (64)
8.44%
I used to but I don't now (19)
2.51%