SofM
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi everyone,

I've just about finished my round up of interviews for the costume courses I've applied for and now I have to decide which one I would like to go to.

My top 2 choices atm are Rose Bruford and Wimbledon and I'm leaning more towards construction than design. (My other offers are AUB, LFC and Nottingham Trent)

I was wondering if there are any other 2019 applicant peeps in a similar situation (needing help to decide where to go) as I'm a bit stuck since I like both places!! 😮 But not sure which one has a better rep currently as most threads I've come across are quite old now...

But any help would be much appreciated (*^ω^*)
Last edited by SofM; 1 year ago
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SofM)
Hi everyone,

I've just about finished my round up of interviews for the costume courses I've applied for and now I have to decide which one I would like to go to.

My top 2 choices atm are Rose Bruford and Wimbledon and I'm leaning more towards construction than design. (My other offers are AUB, LFC and Nottingham Trent)

I was wondering if there are any other 2019 applicant peeps in a similar situation (needing help to decide where to go) as I'm a bit stuck since I like both places!! 😮 But not sure which one has a better rep currently as most threads I've come across are quite old now...

What did you think when you visited them all?
what are your pros and cons for each?
chantelle_mae
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SofM)
Hi everyone,

I've been accepted onto the Wimbledon course and (so far) this is my favourite option. The tutor himself is an amazing designer and has been the best I have met so far. Myself and another girl have started talking as we're both going to accept this offer. Let me know where you decide! UAL is always a good and impressive place, providing you get a high grade. Also, the placements you can potentially get are great. They have connections to the Royal Opera House, National/Royal Ballet and more which is great to understand the industry and get positive connections
SofM
Rep:
?
(Original post by chantelle_mae)
I've been accepted onto the Wimbledon course and (so far) this is my favourite option. The tutor himself is an amazing designer and has been the best I have met so far. Myself and another girl have started talking as we're both going to accept this offer. Let me know where you decide! UAL is always a good and impressive place, providing you get a high grade. Also, the placements you can potentially get are great. They have connections to the Royal Opera House, National/Royal Ballet and more which is great to understand the industry and get positive connections
I had the course leader for my interview as well, and I agree that he is one of the nicer tutors I've met out of the places I've been to.

I think I'm leaning towards Wimbledon anyway since it still is part of a University and has a variety of Clubs and Societies which I can join alongside an amazing course

Do you know if you will be staying in Halls?
chantelle_mae
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SofM)
I had the course leader for my interview as well, and I agree that he is one of the nicer tutors I've met out of the places I've been to.

I think I'm leaning towards Wimbledon anyway since it still is part of a University and has a variety of Clubs and Societies which I can join alongside an amazing course

Do you know if you will be staying in Halls?
Another brilliant reason to join if you want to stay active!! Let me know what you pick?

I probably wont be staying in the UAL halls because they don't seem worth it. All the ones listed are roughly 50mintues from the college itself so you'll be paying a lot of travel. Me and the other girl, Libby, are looking to do a houseshare closer to the college so if you want to maybe look into that we're looking for somewhere else! My insta is @chantellebrett if you want to speak a bit more!!
SofM
Rep:
?
(Original post by chantelle_mae)
Another brilliant reason to join if you want to stay active!! Let me know what you pick?

I probably wont be staying in the UAL halls because they don't seem worth it. All the ones listed are roughly 50mintues from the college itself so you'll be paying a lot of travel. Me and the other girl, Libby, are looking to do a houseshare closer to the college so if you want to maybe look into that we're looking for somewhere else! My insta is @chantellebrett if you want to speak a bit more!!
I'm with you on hall prices. If they were closer to Wimbledon I would consider moving out. I'm lucky that I actually live around an hour's commute away from the college anyway. At the moment I'm considering commuting for my 1st year to see how that goes. If it's too long and tiresome I'll look into private renting second and third year maybe 🤷
My Insta is @sof.s.mo
Last edited by SofM; 1 year ago
Flopawley
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hello,Just wondering how you're finding studying costume at wimbledon?I am applying there and can't find any reviews of the course or place anywhere!thanks,Flo
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (686)
33.89%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (860)
42.49%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (387)
19.12%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.5%

Watched Threads