The Student Room Group

How can I get over my mental block regarding zodiac signs?

I know this sounds completely stupid, but please bear with me.

I had a very negative forced friendship with a guy who is a Leo. He was an unpleasant person and made my life a misery for several years before he finally left my school.

I've developed a few mental blocks from that experience and one of them is that I feel as if I can't make friends with a Leo again because I fear that they would treat me the same and would be the same type of personality.

As I said, many people will see this as nonsense but I genuinely do have a block against people of this sign. What should I do to get over it?
Make friends with a Piscean, we're pretty awesome folk 😁
I'd try making friends without first knowing their birth date - hopefully that way you'll form friendships with people you like and you won't automatically reject being friends with someone because of their zodiac. If you make a friend who turns out to be a Leo, you can build a more positive image of that zodiac and use that person as proof that not all Leos are bad :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I know this sounds completely stupid, but please bear with me.

I had a very negative forced friendship with a guy who is a Leo. He was an unpleasant person and made my life a misery for several years before he finally left my school.

I've developed a few mental blocks from that experience and one of them is that I feel as if I can't make friends with a Leo again because I fear that they would treat me the same and would be the same type of personality.

As I said, many people will see this as nonsense but I genuinely do have a block against people of this sign. What should I do to get over it?

This star sign stuff is a load of mumbo jumbo. How on earth someone's personality can be determined by when they were born is utter nonsense.
Reply 4
Original post by L.Michie
Make friends with a Piscean, we're pretty awesome folk 😁

I'm Sagittarius, but I'll take your word for it.
Well star signs a bunch of absolute trash where people write vague statements that are relatable to basically anybody at least some of the time in order to pass their **** off as deep insightful thoughts about a person born at a specific time of year.
Reply 6
Don't ask when their birthday is. Job done.
Reply 7
I agree with the idea that I should befriend someone without knowing their zodiac but it still scares me a bit. This guy was a horrific experience that I never want to repeat, and sadly, I'm yet to meet a Leo that changes my mind much.
Reply 8
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Well star signs a bunch of absolute trash where people write vague statements that are relatable to basically anybody at least some of the time in order to pass their **** off as deep insightful thoughts about a person born at a specific time of year.

IMO, they aren't completely trash. I do see some similarities between people of certain signs, especially signs like Aries - often fiery. There are also factors such as ascendant signs (mine is scarily accurate).
Original post by Anonymous
IMO, they aren't completely trash. I do see some similarities between people of certain signs, especially signs like Aries - often fiery. There are also factors such as ascendant signs (mine is scarily accurate).

It's almost as if the human experience is relatively universal and that some people will have the random vague traits (fiery? really?) that the zodiac dictates they have. They're going to look "scarily accurate" 'cause they're designed in such a way that they'd feel scarily accurate for literally anybody that read them, regardless of their own personal sign.
Once you learn about moon signs and rising signs etc. You’ll learn that not every sun sign is the same. I don’t really believe in astrology but I do find it interesting to read. I don’t come across as a stereotypical leo at all, you’d never be able to tell.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending