Waiser
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey,

I am aware there are many threads regarding similar cases but I can see that every single one is slightly different so I kept getting different conclusions and so confused me a bit.

I am in my second year of my Medical Sciences Degree(BMedSci) and I have full tuition loan and Maintenance provided by SFE. I aim to finish this degree with a 2:1 or above, and so I will be applying to study Medicine to become a doctor, eventually leading to become a surgeon(fingers crossed).

However, now I am unsure regarding how to fund this. Will I be able to apply for a full tuition loan + maintenance loan on SFE to cover 4 years of university studying medicine? If not, are there any other sort of bursaries/funds I can apply for?
Angela SFE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,

As long as you are studying a Graduate Entry Course, the funding that would be available is as follows:

Tuition Fee Support:
Year 1 – You will have to self fund the first £3,465, however a Tuition Fee Loan will be available for the remainder up to £5,535.You would just need to indicate on the Loan Request section how much loan you would wish to borrow.
Year 2-4 – The first £3,715 will be paid by the Department of Health and a Tuition Fee loan will be available for the remainder of up to £5,535.

Maintenance Support:
Year 1 – You can apply for a Full Means Tested Maintenance Loan and Supplementary Grants.
Year 2-4 – You are eligible to apply for an Income Assessed NHS Bursary and Supplementary Grants from the NHS.There will only be a reduced rate Maintenance Loan available from Student Finance.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, Angela.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (188)
60.06%
No (68)
21.73%
Not sure (57)
18.21%

Watched Threads