Will a lack of level 3 qualification effect future employment? Watch

anniisa97
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I'm currently doing a degree in Psychology. I want to be an Occupational Psychologist which will require a Masters in Occupational Psychology.

I have a single Level 3 Diploma in Business but that's it. I was doing a HE diploma in Psychology but didn't finish it as I was offered a place in uni. I didn't feel it was important to continue at the time if I had already secured a place for university.

Now the fact that I do not actually have a solid level 3 qualification effect my chances of employment in the future? or even for a Masters? I'm quite anxious about this now.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by anniisa97)
I'm currently doing a degree in Psychology. I want to be an Occupational Psychologist which will require a Masters in Occupational Psychology.

I have a single Level 3 Diploma in Business but that's it. I was doing a HE diploma in Psychology but didn't finish it as I was offered a place in uni. I didn't feel it was important to continue at the time if I had already secured a place for university.

Now the fact that I do not actually have a solid level 3 qualification effect my chances of employment in the future? or even for a Masters? I'm quite anxious about this now.
On what basis did you get uni entry?

Some graduate schemes ask for A levels, but not all.
Have a look at occupational psychologist job adverts, but my hunch is it wont matter and your degrees are farmmore relevant, hence dont worry.

https://www.indeed.co.uk/Occupational-Psychologist-jobs
Last edited by 999tigger; 7 months ago
JudaicImposter
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Completing first year of degree is equivalent to a level 4 diploma. You could state this on your CV. There are some colleges offering part-time evening courses for Access to HE Level 3 in Humanities and Social Sciences over one year. Might be worth contacting them it is a very interesting course and requires only 2-3 evenings a week of classroom contact.
Last edited by JudaicImposter; 7 months ago
999tigger
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by JudaicImposter)
Completing first year of degree is equivalent to a level 4 diploma. You could state this on your CV. There are some colleges offering part-time evening courses for Access to HE Level 3 in Humanities and Social Sciences over one year. Might be worth contacting them it is a very interesting course and requires only 2-3 evenings a week of classroom contact.
That wouldnt make them have a level 3.
No point doing an access course and wasting loads of money if level 3 isnt needed.
Human_bean
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
You’ll be fine. To get into masters you need an undergrad (level 3 is pretty much irrelevant by this point)
anniisa97
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
On what basis did you get uni entry?

Some graduate schemes ask for A levels, but not all.
Have a look at occupational psychologist job adverts, but my hunch is it wont matter and your degrees are farmmore relevant, hence dont worry.

https://www.indeed.co.uk/Occupational-Psychologist-jobs
it was more like a last minute acceptance because I was meant to finish my Access course that I was doing with distance learning centre. I didn't get to finish it on time, but my business diploma helped me make just about enough tarrif points to get through. Even though it was still lower than what the uni ideally wanted.

But they still let me through.
Last edited by anniisa97; 7 months ago
999tigger
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by anniisa97)
it was more like a last minute acceptance because I was meant to finish my Access course that I was doing with distance learning centre. I didn't get to finish it on time, but my business diploma helped me make just about enough tarrif points to get through. Even though it was still lower than what the uni ideally wanted.

But they still let me through.
Just get very good grades. Ive already said look at the job adverts. You shoul then know whether they require them.

IF they do then you can cross that bridge when you ge to it hopefully they will not. I expect they will be more interested in experience and degree.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (190)
24.05%
Pop (192)
24.3%
Jazz (30)