Urgent need help with gcse quick!!!

Watch
Juggy12
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I just recently did my mocks and did pretty disappointingly and now I have 3 months before my gcse and was wondering if I could still get near to straight 7s in all my gcse(many of which at IGCSE)
I got
Biology 6
Chemistry 7
Physics 8
Maths 7
English Lang +Lit 6(disclosing coursework)
DT 4 (disclosing coursework)
Rs 7
French 4
Geography 5
I just need some motivation and hope to see if it is achievable to still get straight 7s thanks.
ddsizebra
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
for something like french, you'd have to get the right grammer, spelling, decent pronunciations maybe a little difficult. So unless you intend to go down with the language route in the future I wouldn't be too concerned with that subject otherwise it may take a toll on other subjects.

Geography is mainy about definitions, concept, theory and observation. But you need get some approved textbooks to help you and ask your teacher if you're unsure or want full explanation. DT- I'm not sure if this is design technology? but I've never taken the subject so I don't have clue what this subject enconpasses.

English language and Literature has 2 halves - language and Literature. You may want to look into detail of which one is making you have the 6.

Biology is all about understanding and applying the theory and concept through experiements. Also you'll need full understanding of definitions e.g. what is a mitochondrion and what is its purpose. Depending on what exam board, they may expect specific words to be used e.g. "powerhouse' of the cell. So I would go through a textbook designed for your exam board. Read it and take notes of something interesting. That way you absorb more information and have more interest in the subject and more likely to remember and then make questions that's likely to come up in the exam like 10 marker essays for the function and components of DNA ...etc.

This can all be done in the time frame you have now (if you study through dinner, after school and weekend). Remember you need to maintain the levels in other subjects too. But I must say your physics is really good as well as all your other results.

Finally print off some past papers and mark schemes from the exam board your class is currently using. They should have at least 5 years worth of papers on their website and segragate/highlight the questions in them by topic, so when you think you have full understanding of the topic and have taken necessary notes, you can go on to answer the questions. Then at the end, you can do the full paper under mock exam conditions. Good luck!
Last edited by ddsizebra; 1 year ago
Juggy12
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thanks for your assistance do you think it is possible to still get near to starlight 7s
ddsizebra
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Juggy12)
Thanks for your assistance do you think it is possible to still get near to starlight 7s
yes with dedication and efficient studying, it can be done. Before the numbering grading system, we had lettering grades i.e. A*, A, B C...etc. I had a C in my first year and 2nd half of year for maths and physics but I worked extra hard and literally stripped the internet for exam papers and as a result I had an A* for physics and A for maths. So yes it can be done.
Last edited by ddsizebra; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (123)
62.12%
I don't have everything I need (75)
37.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed