Corbyn says Labour will vote for May deal if it fits criteria Watch

username1738683
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by DSilva)
What about Thatcher's friendliness with brutal dictators?

Hating Thatcher does not equate to hating the country.
Alright, that will do.
Neilos
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
So their policy is essentially staying in the EU, but not having a say on anything. Apart from on trade, on which they expect the EU to give an external country a meaningful say in making deals. Good luck with that...

But at least they can spin it as being a 'real policy' so they can pretend to have one, while continuing to vaguely waffle and vote against everything because they're scared of alienating one of their main supporter bases by openly and clearly coming down on one side or the other.
Burton Bridge
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Zhog

You still have unanswered questions above, why do you want avoid debate with me you clearly have proven you do have time and will to debate so why avoid debate with me, after all it should be a piece of cake you believe I know nothing, I mean it's not like you are just adding words together randomly to create a sensationalist lie(s), is it? :dontknow:

(Original post by zhog)
Fair enough, you would rather spend what you haven't got and saddle future generations with the debt.
Oh you mean by voting for the current Conservative government, whom have out borrowed all previous Labour administrations put together, while clobbering poorest and selling off national assets built by competent governments in the past for capital as well! I agree but I don't see what's what's got to do with the Labour Party? Maybe that's down to my lack of knowledge you point out?

(Original post by zhog)
I asked you 'what do you make of Corbyn's friendliness with people who tried to murder Thatcher', are you by any chance suggesting she was murderable
Nice strawman diversion argument to divert attention away from the real debate.

Ill answer you no she was not murderable (if that's a word?). So now that's cleared up care to explain the strong and more than likely false misleading accusation you made in the public domain towards Jeremy?

(Original post by zhog)
My comment was about Corbyn and his court, I really believe they hate England and that is not without some basis for it.
Oh good, I'm all ears.

If it would not be too much trouble I'd love you're justification on why Dennis Skinner and John Mcdonald hate their country too. I know you're get short on time and “will” sometimes but I'm sure you would want to prove you're not just talking utter slanderous dribble? I mean I'm sure you have it all in hand….

(Original post by DSilva)
What about Thatcher's friendliness with brutal dictators?
@zhog maybe you can confirm you're reason for not giving opinion this comment, if you possibly have the time...
Last edited by Burton Bridge; 1 week ago
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Neilos)
So their policy is essentially staying in the EU, but not having a say on anything. Apart from on trade, on which they expect the EU to give an external country a meaningful say in making deals. Good luck with that...

But at least they can spin it as being a 'real policy' so they can pretend to have one, while continuing to vaguely waffle and vote against everything because they're scared of alienating one of their main supporter bases by openly and clearly coming down on one side or the other.
About right Labour really are getting on my nerves at the moment with there handling of Brexit.
username1738683
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
@zhog maybe you can confirm you're reason for not giving opinion this comment, if you possibly have the time...
You tell me what you make of Corbyn's friendliness with the IRA and just about every enemy of this country and then I'll tell you what I think of Thatcher. The man can't even support England at the World Cup, it is a mental issue he suffers from. Fancy suggesting the Falklands were Thatcher's idea...

How about his taking of the IRA to the House a couple of weeks after they'd tried to murder the British PM and the Cabinet, don't you think that was a bit sick? I'm prepared to accept that he was never more than a 'useful idiot' to them but what does that tell us? Nah, I really think he does have issues and I don't like his sort at all.

Government plans to restart deportation charter flights to Jamaica as early as this week have been attacked as “brutal” and “a scandal” by leading Labour politicians.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...say-labour-mps

Fancy wanting to deport foreign criminals, of course that pisses off the Labourites whose livelihoods depend on having them around.
Last edited by username1738683; 1 week ago
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by zhog)
You tell me what you make of Corbyn's friendliness with the IRA and just about every enemy of this country and then I'll tell you what I think of Thatcher. The man can't even support England at the World Cup, it is a mental issue he suffers from. Fancy suggesting the Falklands were Thatcher's idea...

How about his taking of the IRA to the House a couple of weeks after they'd tried to murder the British PM and the Cabinet, don't you think that was a bit sick? I'm prepared to accept that he was never more than a 'useful idiot' to them but what does that tell us? Nah, I really think he does have issues and I don't like his sort at all.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...say-labour-mps

Fancy wanting to deport foreign criminals, of course that pisses off the Labourites whose livelihoods depend on having them around.
I'm not asking you to do that, you're the one apparently appalled by politicians communications with certain unsavoury characters? Assuming you are not on some warped political agenda I don't know why you think it's some type of a trade off? Why should I have to give you my opinion of Corbyn before you give your opinion of Thatcher after all you're the one who brought Thatcher up in an attempt to create a strawman.

Also you seem to have an unhealthy obsession with making complete lies up Corbyn has a mental health issue now, another strange accusation you make seemingly without any merit whatsoever? Maybe you're the victim of the believing media smear campaigns stories, I don't know but I think you may want to investigate a little deeper into before you start throwing accusations around.

In answer to you're question, my opinion of Corbyn is simple his policies disproportionately affect the upper classes (those are the people with power) and he also wants to impose some regulations on the newspapers. It is this that is causing him it's problems, now I use the term newspapers loosely because realistically they don't report the news they are more of a political vehicle to drive and control people's thoughts and voting intention. The fact that Jeremy Corbyn is openly and honestly wanting to bring policies and regulations on to the press to make them more accountable for what they print that's created am open Season style personal attacks whether they are true or not on Jeremy Corbyn.

They have printed down right and out and out lies about the man. There's a million reasons to dislike Jeremy Corbyn and his parties actions on Brexit is one such reason, but to call him a mentally unstable terrorist sympathiser it's just simply not true and also slanderous.

As for holding the opinion of not wishing to deport people whom are British citizens criminal or otherwise, whom have lived here all there lives or the vast majority of, I don't understand how you think to hold that POV makes anyone hate their country? How so?
username1738683
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
As for holding the opinion of not wishing to deport people whom are British citizens criminal or otherwise, whom have lived here all there lives or the vast majority of, I don't understand how you think to hold that POV makes anyone hate their country? How so?
Isn't it obvious that their priorities and concerns lie elsewhere, other than the interest of the country they live in? Is that supposed to be a rational argument, that if you're a foreigner and go out commting very serious crimes you shouldn't be deported because you've been here for whatever amount of time?

Labourite MPs trade the race-card for a living because that is all they are capable of, only string to their bow. They don't even do it for the deplorables, they do it for themselves and their livelihoods. Do you have a problem with deporting foreign criminals too, why is that? Where is the concern for their victims? Nowhere, not for one second.
Last edited by username1738683; 1 week ago
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by zhog)
Isn't it obvious that their priorities and concerns lie elsewhere, other than the interest of the country they live in? Is that supposed to be a rational argument, that if you're a foreigner and go out commting very serious crimes you shouldn't be deported because you've been here for whatever amount of time?

Labourite MPs trade the race-card for a living because that is all they are capable of, only string to their bow. They don't even do it for the deplorables, they do it for themselves and their livelihoods. Do you have a problem with deporting foreign criminals too, why is that?
Utterly irrelevant it's got absolutely nothing to do with what we talking about.

They would think their priority is to the rights of their UK citizens and constituents whom vote. I'm not saying I agree nor disagree as that is not the point what I'm saying is it doesn't make them hate their own country, you can't say someone hate their own country just because you disagree with them. As as has been pointed out it's like saying Thatcher hates democracy for what was pointed out above, totally nonsensical!

If you think their point of view is wrong have that debate with them they don't they don't accuse hating their own country
username1738683
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Utterly irrelevant it's got absolutely nothing to do with what we talking about.

They would think their priority is to the rights of their UK citizens and constituents whom vote. I'm not saying I agree nor disagree as that is not the point what I'm saying is it doesn't make them hate their own country, you can't say someone hate their own country just because you disagree with them. As as has been pointed out it's like saying Thatcher hates democracy 4 what was pointed out above, totally nonsensical!

If you think their point of view is wrong have that debate with them they don't they don't accuse hating their own country
I just think they don't give a **** about the country they live in and that systematic siding with everything and everyone that doesn't belong in it is what makes me suspect it strays into the realms of virulent antagonism towards it. They're the same ones who regard the English flag as something very embarrassing, that this country was built upon racism and that sort of thing. Happy bunnies they are not. Wasn't that the theme?
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by zhog)
I just think they don't give a **** about the country they live in and that systematic siding with everything and everyone that doesn't belong in it is what makes me suspect it strays into the realms of virulent antagonism towards it. They're the same ones who regard the English flag as something very embarrassing, that this country was built upon racism and that sort of thing. Happy bunnies they are not. Wasn't that the theme?
Oh here we go, so my grandad was Irish does my mum not belong in the country? My mum has MS and has not worked since 1981, so do i not belong in the country?

The bigotry comes out now, what you are saying is they hate their country because they are not racist? Sure you bring up more rubbish about idiotic statement by some think tank neoliberals public servants but that's just a vail to try to hide the real reason for your prejudice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (238)
59.65%
No (161)
40.35%

Watched Threads