The Student Room Group

Should I tell her he's cheating?

I’m a little conflicted. Basically, I knew a guy for around two years, we started sleeping together for about 6 months casually, found out that he in fact had a long term girlfriend. Broke up with that girlfriend and got a new one and we parted ways, two months later he gets back in contact with me asking to hook up. Told him I had a partner, but we could be friends. Found out he has a POF profile (received an email, went online to delete it and saw he looked at my profile) it’s obviously him asking for hook ups, casual sexting.
What should I do? Part of me think I should leave it, but it also annoys me that he’s cheating on yet another girl and will be stringing another girl along like he did with me (having me think he was single)

I know his new gf wouldn’t be happy with the pof profile (not like he’s in an open relationship) as he made it clear when he got back in touch with me it would have to be on the sly. Do I tell her, if I did I would block her on fb and then message her as my name wouldn’t come up, I have the evidence of the POf account and the details of his snapchat? Part of me just thinks I should leave it and not get involved, I’ve deleted him on all social media, and don’t want to be friends with him anymore but also don’t want to come across as bitter and sly if he did find out it was me. Just makes me feel so uneasy, if someone knew my bf was cheating, or attempting to cheat and didn’t tell me I’d be so upset. Thoughts?

Guy is/planning to cheat on gf
Original post by Anonymous
I’m a little conflicted. Basically, I knew a guy for around two years, we started sleeping together for about 6 months casually, found out that he in fact had a long term girlfriend. Broke up with that girlfriend and got a new one and we parted ways, two months later he gets back in contact with me asking to hook up. Told him I had a partner, but we could be friends. Found out he has a POF profile (received an email, went online to delete it and saw he looked at my profile) it’s obviously him asking for hook ups, casual sexting.
What should I do? Part of me think I should leave it, but it also annoys me that he’s cheating on yet another girl and will be stringing another girl along like he did with me (having me think he was single)

I know his new gf wouldn’t be happy with the pof profile (not like he’s in an open relationship) as he made it clear when he got back in touch with me it would have to be on the sly. Do I tell her, if I did I would block her on fb and then message her as my name wouldn’t come up, I have the evidence of the POf account and the details of his snapchat? Part of me just thinks I should leave it and not get involved, I’ve deleted him on all social media, and don’t want to be friends with him anymore but also don’t want to come across as bitter and sly if he did find out it was me. Just makes me feel so uneasy, if someone knew my bf was cheating, or attempting to cheat and didn’t tell me I’d be so upset. Thoughts?

Tell her. She deserves a better person
yes definetely tell her. It's morally the right thing to do, I wouldn't block her just message her and explain the situation or make a fake account possibly. Whatever you do don't let him get away with it
Reply 3
Yeah you might as well. It’s better than allowing him to cheat on her for a while, and it will be there for their whole relationship.
Reply 4
Told her and she doesn't believe me, glad I did it but he's obviously denying it as shes like 'my bf has told me about you' and doesn't believe me. Oh well, told the truth now she can decided what to do with it and I don't have to worry about it anymore :smile:
Told her and she doesn't believe me, glad I did it but he's obviously denying it as shes like 'my bf has told me about you' and doesn't believe me. Oh well, told the truth now she can decided what to do with it and I don't have to worry about it anymore :smile:

you did the right thing, not your problem anymore. Wish more people were like you

Tell her, I think if you were her you would probably prefer to know, I cetainly would.
Reply 7

yes. now it's her problem not yours. it's up to her if she doesn't believe you. Her bf can now have a few girlfriends at the same time!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending