Is it okay to take National 5 level at S5 Class? Watch

L3XIN
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
As in the topic, I am currently studying Art & Design, Computer Science, Spanish and Admin & IT. As Admin & IT seems completely useless for me, I want to change it to something elsd that actually might help me in future, I might take physics but I'm not sure how does it looks like - will I be able to do higher If I didn't take Physics at nat5 level in S4? If no, doing nat5 in s5 will be okay for me? I wanna start college aftet s5. Thanks for any advices and support
Labrador99
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by L3XIN)
As in the topic, I am currently studying Art & Design, Computer Science, Spanish and Admin & IT. As Admin & IT seems completely useless for me, I want to change it to something elsd that actually might help me in future, I might take physics but I'm not sure how does it looks like - will I be able to do higher If I didn't take Physics at nat5 level in S4? If no, doing nat5 in s5 will be okay for me? I wanna start college aftet s5. Thanks for any advices and support
Crash higher physics isn't the easiest crash higher...How do you do with maths?

Doing Nat 5 in S5 is not a problem though, and as long as you still meet the entry requirements for the course you want to do at college, 4 highers and a nat 5 vs 5 highers won't make any difference. It's common to have one or more nat 5s in S5, and you're better doing the nat 5 and doing well in it, rather than stressing out and potentially not doing well with the highers. Hope this helps!
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Personally I'd do nat 5 physics over crashing higher physics as it is quite difficult.
L3XIN
Rep:
?
Thanks for reply, I am pretty good with maths, vectors and scalars is the only one I have problems with but without counting it I think it's not bad. I also wanted to ask if I will be able to understand higher physics if I didn't took natt physics in this year? I'm sure this will be difficult without nat5
Labrador99
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by L3XIN)
Thanks for reply, I am pretty good with maths, vectors and scalars is the only one I have problems with but without counting it I think it's not bad. I also wanted to ask if I will be able to understand higher physics if I didn't took natt physics in this year? I'm sure this will be difficult without nat5
Most of the higher physics course builds on what you do at Nat 5, so you would need to cover the nat 5 course over the summer realistically. It can and has been done, but unless you absolutely need it, I wouldn't advise crashing it.
L3XIN
Rep:
?
Okay, thanks for help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Humanities; Department of Drama, Theatre and Performance; Department of Social Sciences; Department of English and Creative Writing Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (79)
59.85%
No (53)
40.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise