No deal Brexit repercussions on European countries. Watch

Burton Bridge
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
A question for you all, what do you think the effects of a no deal Brexit would be on European countries?

Do you think there will be any for Europe?
If so do you think it will lead to further troubles for the European Union?
Do you believe the EU can afford to lose the 39 billion divorce bill a no deal will cause?

Any other questions you wish to answer feel free - discuss
paul514
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
A question for you all, what do you think the effects of a no deal Brexit would be on European countries?

Do you believe the EU can afford to lose the 39 billion divorce bill a no deal will cause?

It doesn’t affect Europe as a whole it’s mostly half a dozen countries that trade a lot with us.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
ColinDent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
The problem the EU have is that if just one of their member states takes enough of a knock to put them into recession then they all have a big problem, especially if it's a country within the Eurozone.
Perhaps today's financial forecasts will make them all see sense.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...49637008699533
And yes I know ours isn't great too, contrary to how most remainers think most leavers I know would prefer the EU to remain strong so that they, and we, can both flourish.
pe-goose
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

The fear mongering remoaners say we leave the EU were screwed...which is a lie ..trading is doomed...another lie we have many countries ready to trade as soon as we leave. Then they say Germany will go in to recession ...this is not our fault...it's a mess, their banks are merging ..not out fault. The fear mongerers say German could lose hundreds of thousands of jobs and so on. It's all lies and it's all fear mongering. The EEC was a good idea...however when they all signed and didn't read or understand the EU they screwed up. The idea was all European nations to get on, free trade with each other and protect each other. However the dirty sneaky EU has made its self sovereign. It has a flag, it has an anthem. It controls all EU nations....they can deny it by saying we make our own laws...we don't they do, we just have a that vote on stuff. The EU now has an EU police fire and security force. The EU wants its own army, the UK Vito'd sonic the UK leaves they can have it. Made 1 currency which is a failure. It's a failure. You have riots and protests in many EU countries but the BBC news stays silent. You barely hear anything across the pond when it comes to the protests and the EU security being used, 10+ civilians killed who were unarmed.... It sounds like the USSR how it is...it's cruming apart. Side effects of us leaving none. Everythings gone in to chaos now we'll people waking up has. All the businesses will carry on trading... They are in charge and don't want to lose money. You think all German companies Wana stop selling cars to the UK and lose money and jobs...course not. Nothing will change..it should be cheaper here though as we won't be giving fees to the EU
xDron3
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
No idea, it could go on as it is or it will suffer a domino effect.

If Frexit takes place and France leaves the union then I reckon it's the beginning of the end.
PilgrimOfTruth
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It's surely already the beginning of the end.

I mean the EU cant really have a more embarrassing and wholly revealing situation on its hands than having one of its top member states wanting to leave the union.

I mean this is on the global stage.

Imagine being an A List celebrity and taking your daughter to the Oscars and as you go up to collect your Oscar your child screams and rants and tells the world what awful parents you are and what things you have done and storms out of the room, all on live TV.

That's what the EU looks like today. It's very clearly not just the UK that is keen to get out of the emerging totalitarian state. Regardless of whatever happens with BrExit, the embarrassment is already there.

Make no mistake the EU are utterly desperate for the UK to stay and imho will do anything to prevent it, indeed they clearly are doing.

We've had an absolute farcical pantomime playing out for the past 2 years with May tabling a farcical deal which the EU has imho obviously given her to present to government. It's not a Withdrawal Agreement at all as it clearly leaves us inside the EU and under their control.
This is against the EU Treaty. The EU Treaty states that we should be able to agree a WITHDRAWal agreement. So where is one?

There simply isn't one. The EU are not tabling any Withdrawal deal, they are only tabling STAY IN THE EU deals.

This entire situation is HUGELY disastrous for the UK. Our very democracy is at stake here and people are seemingly waking up to the fact that our government and politicians might be under the control of EU forces.

I will say it again as often as it needs to be said.

NO DEAL is THE ONLY WAY we are ever getting out of the EU.

There is never going to be any deal tabled or agreed which sees us actually leave the EU so people need to get their heads out of the fluffy clouds and realise what is happening here.

We MUST now leave with NO DEAL. It is the only way to get out.

We must insist that our government delivers it and if they give us a referendum of the Leaving options then we must all vote NO DEAL on the understanding that nothing else will get us out.

Once we leave with No Deal, they will come back to the negotiating table soon enough and will start playing ball for that £39 billion.

Support NO DEAL
Last edited by PilgrimOfTruth; 2 weeks ago
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
(Original post by xDron3)
No idea, it could go on as it is or it will suffer a domino effect.

If Frexit takes place and France leaves the union then I reckon it's the beginning of the end.
Well there is movement within France for such.

Personally I find it hard to believe the eurozone is not as united and powerful at present time as the guardian, BBC and remainer believe them to be. By definition they are divided into individual countries each with their own problems. In some member states cases very big financial, there begging bowl is getting ready to make an appearance I fear.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Well there is movement within France for such.

Personally I find it hard to believe the eurozone is not as united and powerful at present time as the guardian, BBC and remainer believe them to be. By definition they are divided into individual countries each with their own problems. In some member states cases very big financial, there begging bowl is getting ready to make an appearance I fear.
Not overly United at the moment

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...49644468413171
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
(Original post by paul514)
It doesn’t affect Europe as a whole it’s mostly half a dozen countries that trade a lot with us.
Oh I'm not so sure you are correct there mate.

The eurozone is made up of countries of unequal wealth, this is the main problem. Even some of the more prominent countries are not doing as well as remainers appear to think. At a time where at least two member states are in financial crisis someone is going to have to pick the 39 billion bill up, I don't think this will be split evenly between the remaining members, Romania have not got billions to contribute just to mention one country.

Also I did a bit of surfing and found this chart, the trade deficit versus profit forour trade with the EU.

Name:  Balance_by_countries_v2.png
Views: 5
Size:  23.3 KB

It's not chump change is it?
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
(Original post by PilgrimOfTruth)
It's surely already the beginning of the end.

I mean the EU cant really have a more embarrassing and wholly revealing situation on its hands than having one of its top member states wanting to leave the union.

I mean this is on the global stage.

Imagine being an A List celebrity and taking your daughter to the Oscars and as you go up to collect your Oscar your child screams and rants and tells the world what awful parents you are and what things you have done and storms out of the room, all on live TV.

That's what the EU looks like today. It's very clearly not just the UK that is keen to get out of the emerging totalitarian state. Regardless of whatever happens with BrExit, the embarrassment is already there.

Make no mistake the EU are utterly desperate for the UK to stay and imho will do anything to prevent it, indeed they clearly are doing.

We've had an absolute farcical pantomime playing out for the past 2 years with May tabling a farcical deal which the EU has imho obviously given her to present to government. It's not a Withdrawal Agreement at all as it clearly leaves us inside the EU and under their control.
This is against the EU Treaty. The EU Treaty states that we should be able to agree a WITHDRAWal agreement. So where is one?

There simply isn't one. The EU are not tabling any Withdrawal deal, they are only tabling STAY IN THE EU deals.

This entire situation is HUGELY disastrous for the UK. Our very democracy is at stake here and people are seemingly waking up to the fact that our government and politicians might be under the control of EU forces.

I will say it again as often as it needs to be said.

NO DEAL is THE ONLY WAY we are ever getting out of the EU.

There is never going to be any deal tabled or agreed which sees us actually leave the EU so people need to get their heads out of the fluffy clouds and realise what is happening here.

We MUST now leave with NO DEAL. It is the only way to get out.

We must insist that our government delivers it and if they give us a referendum of the Leaving options then we must all vote NO DEAL on the understanding that nothing else will get us out.

Once we leave with No Deal, they will come back to the negotiating table soon enough and will start playing ball for that £39 billion.

Support NO DEAL
I would certainly rather see a no deal Brexit than sign am agreement ties us into laws we have no say over, keeps the rich poor division growing and stops us making our own decisions as a nation.

I also agree Theresa May has led an awful negotiation and general election campaign for that matter, the Conservatives have completely destroyed the country since 2010 showing complete and utter incompetence.

The rest of you're rant I'm struggling to agree with at all, the EU are not our parents, we don't need another referendum adding to our national debt our government has proved more than capable of wrecking the national purse without giving them more reason to borrow for no gain and if we leave with no deal we will do just that leave, if the EU feel that strongly that they will risk their trade with us they wo t change their minds in a few days.
Last edited by Burton Bridge; 2 weeks ago
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
(Original post by ColinDent)
Not overly United at the moment

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...49644468413171
Exactly
paul514
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Oh I'm not so sure you are correct there mate.

The eurozone is made up of countries of unequal wealth, this is the main problem. Even some of the more prominent countries are not doing as well as remainers appear to think. At a time where at least two member states are in financial crisis someone is going to have to pick the 39 billion bill up, I don't think this will be split evenly between the remaining members, Romania have not got billions to contribute just to mention one country.

Also I did a bit of surfing and found this chart, the trade deficit versus profit forour trade with the EU.

Name:  Balance_by_countries_v2.png
Views: 5
Size:  23.3 KB

It's not chump change is it?
Well there’s two subjects here first the 39 billion and second the trade.

On the subject of the 39 billion it will be spread depending on size of economy as it is now half over two years the rest over something like 20 so the only real bother is the first two years and it will be down mostly to the people we trade with most.

With regards to trade what is correct most of the value of trade we do is with a handful of countries typically the closest ones plus Italy, Spain and I think Poland.

I’m really not worried about a trade deal that will get done regardless of a withdrawal agreement
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I would certainly rather see a no deal Brexit than sign am agreement ties us into laws we have no say over, keeps the rich poor division growing and stops us making our own decisions as a nation.
Really? You would cut off your nose to spite your face? Because that is what no deal is. It is suicide to make a point. And what point indeed? Feel free to flush youself down the toilet but please don't take everyone else with you.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
Really? You would cut off your nose to spite your face? Because that is what no deal is. It is suicide to make a point. And what point indeed? Feel free to flush youself down the toilet but please don't take everyone else with you.
That is a matter of opinion though, I would happen to disagree.
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ColinDent)
That is a matter of opinion though, I would happen to disagree.
By all means disagree. You will be telling me that climate change is a myth next. Even Reece-Mogg has stopped baying for a hard Brexit and shown that he knew all along how terrible it would be. I don't think you can even comprehend how horrendous it would be. Imagine if tomorrow, someone ripped up contract law - the idea that if you promise to pay for a service or product, you are legal obliged to pay up. That is what leaving the EU with no deal would be. Huge chunks of the law that we all rely on would simply evaporate. Business would grind to a halt simply because there would be no guarentees to allow them to do business safely.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Just read what I've put and think about it and telle what you disagree with?

I have not said I'm cutting my nose off, flushing myself down a toilet and I'm not killing myself or anyone else please think rationally.

So are you saying?
You would rather sign a bad agreement which keeps the rich poor division growing? Or maybe you think we should except a dictorship which removes our ability to govern?
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
By all means disagree. You will be telling me that climate change is a myth next. Even Reece-Mogg has stopped baying for a hard Brexit and shown that he knew all along how terrible it would be. I don't think you can even comprehend how horrendous it would be. Imagine if tomorrow, someone ripped up contract law - the idea that if you promise to pay for a service or product, you are legal obliged to pay up. That is what leaving the EU with no deal would be. Huge chunks of the law that we all rely on would simply evaporate. Business would grind to a halt simply because there would be no guarentees to allow them to do business safely.
I don't think you know what no deal means?
What makes you so convinced you're correct?

How do we get though the shipping container after shipping containers that arrives on our shores on WTO rules from non EU nations? The ones which the EU rules adds import taxes on, do you know about that?

And by the way what's you're opinion of a no deal Brexit repercussions fir the European Union?
Last edited by Burton Bridge; 2 weeks ago
pe-goose
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
The question is why do you care about what happens to the EU countries. If you heard them in EU parliament they **** of the UK, **** off our leader and call us alsorts. They don't care. We chose leave so we need to leave. We never agreed to any deal. We asked to leave....cut ties and leave. Our priminister is a treasonous cow. She doesn't want to leave the EU, she has done everything but get us out. We need to wto, then we can leave no fees or anything, go alone. We can trade with the EU for 2-10years, noone will lose money in any business ...win for UK and win for EU. However the dirty rats and trying their best to go against the people and out vote .if we end up staying or leaving with a dirty deal and even Corbyn deal idea is ****, they should be put in prison for treason
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Again you're getting your opinion confused with fact.
Gossamer
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi everyone! I'm Spaniard and in the news of my country the reporters spoke about the increment of price in the exported food.
I think that this are too bad for UK and Spain because the two country must pay more taxes.

On the other hand i should say that I do not care that Gibraltar is UK (Really. Moreover Gibraltar give much work to the Spaniards who lives near Gibraltar and i think that is great that Gibraltar be in UK) but i think that you will lost many power of this place if UK will leave the EU with a hard brexit...

PD: Sorry for my bad english i'm working for improve that. That's why I registered here
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (95)
14.84%
Yes - a food allergy (68)
10.63%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (16)
2.5%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (16)
2.5%
No (445)
69.53%

Watched Threads