No deal Brexit repercussions on European countries. Watch

Burton Bridge
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Gossamer)
Hi everyone! I'm Spaniard and in the news of my country the reporters spoke about the increment of price in the exported food.
I think that this are too bad for UK and Spain because the two country must pay more taxes.

On the other hand i should say that I do not care that Gibraltar is UK (Really. Moreover Gibraltar give much work to the Spaniards who lives near Gibraltar and i think that is great that Gibraltar be in UK) but i think that you will lost many power of this place if UK will leave the EU with a hard brexit...

PD: Sorry for my bad english i'm working for improve that. That's why I registered here
Don't worry about you're English mate it's better than my Spanish

I work with a Spanish lad he was expressing his fears for the impact it will have on Spain, certainly a two way ball park.
Gossamer
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
Don't worry about you're English mate it's better than my Spanish

I work with a Spanish lad he was expressing his fears for the impact it will have on Spain, certainly a two way ball park.
Hi Burton nice to meet you! thanks for your answer, you are very kind! Yes, because many young spaniards are working in UK like this lad and we are staying with uncertainty because we don't know what will happen if the brexit get ahead.... I'm very worry too, because I would like to live in UK when i finished my studies in Spain (I fell in love with UK when i visited London the last year) ... So we have to wait and see what can happen.
Last edited by Gossamer; 1 week ago
pe-goose
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi Burton nice to meet you! thanks for your answer, you are very kind! Yes, because many young spaniards are working in UK like this lad and we are staying with uncertainty because we don't know what will happen if the brexit get ahead.... I'm very worry too, because I would like to live in UK when i finished my studies in Spain (I fell in love with UK when i visited London the last year) ... So we have to wait and see what can happen.
Wanting to Saturday in the UK is fine as long as you have skills.... How anyone can fall in love with London I have no idea how it's a **** hole.
Gossamer
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by pe-goose)
Wanting to Saturday in the UK is fine as long as you have skills.... How anyone can fall in love with London I have no idea how it's a **** hole.
Well... Is a question of likes. But every cities in the word like London or Madrid have things bad and things good.
pe-goose
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Well... Is a question of likes. But every cities in the word like London or Madrid have things bad and things good.
Hate London. It's nice to visit for a day or 2 but I've worked there, people are rude arrogent, it's a ripoff, nice up north and people are friendly
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ColinDent)
Again you're getting your opinion confused with fact.
Not at all? If, post hard Brexit, I were to try and sell some stuff to France and the person I sold to didn't pay me, how would I get my money back? What mechanisms exist to allow me to do that?

Also, if I wanted to sell some chemicals to France, how would I do so given that the EU would no longer recognise our certification? Same with drugs, aircraft, you name it. All of the law and legal systems that allow us to do business with the EU would be shredded over night. So how would things work? Please tell me?
ColinDent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
Not at all? If, post hard Brexit, I were to try and sell some stuff to France and the person I sold to didn't pay me, how would I get my money back? What mechanisms exist to allow me to do that?

Also, if I wanted to sell some chemicals to France, how would I do so given that the EU would no longer recognise our certification? Same with drugs, aircraft, you name it. All of the law and legal systems that allow us to do business with the EU would be shredded over night. So how would things work? Please tell me?
Would they want all that to stop immediately?
We currently adhere to all of their rules and regulations, that also is not going to change overnight so I don't believe that there will be too many issues with importing/ exporting anything, unless of course the EU wish to act like dicks.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
(Original post by pe-goose)
Hate London. It's nice to visit for a day or 2 but I've worked there, people are rude arrogent, it's a ripoff, nice up north and people are friendly
100% with you there mate, wouldn't pay us all to be the same though would it?
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Mate nobody can say what's going to happen for sure but I can tell you there is no will for mass deportation from either the leave or remain camps so I think you will be fine.

Out of interest what effect do you think Brexit will have on a Spain?
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Would they want all that to stop immediately?
We currently adhere to all of their rules and regulations, that also is not going to change overnight so I don't believe that there will be too many issues with importing/ exporting anything, unless of course the EU wish to act like dicks.
Exactly and if they to use you're words act like dicks, then they will have several countries having to explain to their people why the European Union has cost them work because it refuses to act reasonably.

Special place in hell, what utter contemp they show.
PilgrimOfTruth
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I wouldn't worry too much about such things. The EU is clearly finished one way or another.
The very fact that the UK, one of the biggest member states is having to Leave at all is testimony
to how bad and corrupt the whole EU federal state has become.

It's embarrassing to the EU for it to be happening at all. No matter what happens with BrExit,
the EU already look like a bunch of despotic tyrants whose time is over.

BrExit is just the start of all the other Exits

Last edited by PilgrimOfTruth; 1 week ago
Gossamer
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
Mate nobody can say what's going to happen for sure but I can tell you there is no will for mass deportation from either the leave or remain camps so I think you will be fine.

Out of interest what effect do you think Brexit will have on a Spain?
Thank for your answer again it's a relief read this! In my opinion, in Spain have passed many bad things with our politicians and nobody seems to care (they have stolen, ridiculed us, they have taken away our rights...) so i think that the majority of the spaniads population won't give importance.
I can only you that the spaniards persons who lives in UK and the britishs who lives in Spain (You are many) are worring about their business because nobody knows how it can affect the economy between the two countries. A important example: The Santander Bank.

Moreover the spaniards know how the EU is, and we know that the UE won't make it easy for UK. In 2012 we had to ask a rescue and after, the primer minister Rajoy (He ins't governing now) can evited a second rescue with a hard rules like new taxes (one of the few things he did well) because otherwise we would have finished like Greece or worst...
(Sorry for edited but i in a mistake. We get the first rescue and we evited the second rescue)
PilgrimOfTruth
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You need SPExit Gossamer.

We love Spain. We love the Spanish people. We love your culture, your traditions, your cuisine.

But the EU is a pile of crap. Get out imo.
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Well yes it is. We are legally part of the EU. Once we leave, all the legality that allows us to do business with them stops and the door is closed. It is like saying to your landlord, "Once my rent is up and my tenancy has expired, I am still available to live in your house." Well sure, but without a contract, you don't have a leg to stand upon. If you want to do business with the EU, it is going to cost us. That is what a no deal is. A legal framework that allows companies to trade across the channel. Without that legal structure, regardless of willingness, it can not happen. Do you not get that?
Gossamer
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by PilgrimOfTruth)
You need SPExit Gossamer.

We love Spain. We love the Spanish people. We love your culture, your traditions, your cuisine.

But the EU is a pile of crap. Get out imo.
Thank you so much to british people like you . I knew.The UE is a fail system. If the Spaniards will could be independent of EU we will try it but with a poor economy we can't do it. But i repeat the UE won't make easy to UK.
PilgrimOfTruth
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thank you so much to british people like you . I knew.The UE is a fail system. If the Spaniards will could be independent of EU we will try it but with a poor economy we can't do it. But i repeat the UE won't make easy to UK.
If you believe Spain has democracy, then campaign for a referendum on whether the Spanish people want to stay or leave the EU.

My bet is that you don't have democracy and you will never get a referendum. Same for Netherlands.
Gossamer
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by PilgrimOfTruth)
If you believe Spain has democracy, then campaign for a referendum on whether the Spanish people want to stay or leave the EU.

My bet is that you don't have democracy and you will never get a referendum. Same for Netherlands.
Yes, you have reason. In my country the democracy is a bad joke. The catalan people wanted a referendum and the spanish government said to them NO. But EU caught to Spain by the balls with the first rescue and in your country will can be similar but with the rules about brexit.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Well yes it is. We are legally part of the EU. Once we leave, all the legality that allows us to do business with them stops and the door is closed. It is like saying to your landlord, "Once my rent is up and my tenancy has expired, I am still available to live in your house." Well sure, but without a contract, you don't have a leg to stand upon. If you want to do business with the EU, it is going to cost us. That is what a no deal is. A legal framework that allows companies to trade across the channel. Without that legal structure, regardless of willingness, it can not happen. Do you not get that?
And do you not get that the EU, admittedly not too dissimilarly to ourselves, are getting perilously close to recession?
Do you not think that at that point national governments will step in and force the issue, or will they risk the wrath of millions of EU citizens who are already becoming increasingly disillusioned with the EU.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Oh I understand that but the bit you seem to be missing is the landlord needs the Tennant as much as the Tennant needs the landlord
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
And do you not get that the EU, admittedly not too dissimilarly to ourselves, are getting perilously close to recession?
Do you not think that at that point national governments will step in and force the issue, or will they risk the wrath of millions of EU citizens who are already becoming increasingly disillusioned with the EU.
This has nothing to do with recession. We are close to recession. Recessions come and go. This has everything to do with f****** ourselves up the @ss with the rest of the world watching. It will make a recession of 1 or 2 percentage points look like a good day at the races.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (49)
9.37%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.68%
No, but I want to start (188)
35.95%
No, I am unable to (122)
23.33%
No, I chose not to (150)
28.68%