No deal Brexit repercussions on European countries. Watch

ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
Oh I understand that but the bit you seem to be missing is the landlord needs the Tennant as much as the Tennant needs the landlord
Agreed. But without going to the estate agent and pouring over a 64 page tenancy agreement nothing is going to happen. A no deal Brexit provides two willing parties but no tenancy agreement. e.g no rent. Nowhere to live. So why do we want a no deal Brexit?
Last edited by ByEeek; 1 week ago
pe-goose
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The EU is a dictatorship, pretending to be a democracy....
I've got a question. How many in here are from the south UK?
Burton Bridge
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
Agreed. But without going to the estate agent and pouring over a 64 page tenancy agreement nothing is going to happen. A no deal Brexit provides two willing parties but no tenancy agreement. e.g no rent. Nowhere to live. So why do we want a no deal Brexit?
The answer to that is we don't. I don't think the majority do, it's an extreme. I dont think the majority wanted to stay in the EU with no reforms either for balance, the flip side of the coin so to speak. However if the only other option is a bad deal which harms our country its acceptable.

You are still wrong mind you regarding trade, the Tennant agreement is still there just been written by a different estate agent management company. The Tennant is happy to pay as per the old agreement but has been dissatisfied with the service by the the landlord's estate management company, they have another tenancy agreement from another company ready to go which is acceptable to the landlord because effectively everything would stay the same. Unfortunately the landlord is being forced by his Estate management company to enforce high penalties as a punishment on the tenant for disliking their service.

Do you understand now?
ColinDent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by pe-goose)
The EU is a dictatorship, pretending to be a democracy....
I've got a question. How many in here are from the south UK?
I am
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
This has nothing to do with recession. We are close to recession. Recessions come and go. This has everything to do with f****** ourselves up the @ss with the rest of the world watching. It will make a recession of 1 or 2 percentage points look like a good day at the races.
I don't believe it would be quite that bad because if it were then it would simultaneously do the same to the EU, and probably the rest of the world.
You don't then believe that the individual governments of the member states would exert some authority over the EU parliament, because I'm pretty certain those 4 freedoms will go straight to the back of the queue in such a situation, because if all this were to happen then it really would be the end of the line for the EU project.
Last edited by ColinDent; 1 week ago
hm.m999
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
There are so many theories, really don't know what to believe. Everyone speaks as they know everything about it..
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
(Original post by hm.m999)
There are so many theories, really don't know what to believe. Everyone speaks as they know everything about it..
Exactly mate, and I'd just like to say including myself nobody does for 100% certain. We simply do not know what's going to happen and what does happen post Brexit is not necessary down to Brexit.

Like the collapse of the high street was not solely due to EU membership, some people are talking a lot of self righteous tripe
Last edited by Burton Bridge; 1 week ago
Gossamer
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
This morning i thought about "Domino effect" if UK leave with hard brexit and it comes out well could happen that other countries want to leave EU but, if UK leave and doesn't come well, the other countries will choose to stay in EU.
Last edited by Gossamer; 1 week ago
PilgrimOfTruth
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Gossamer)
This morning i thought about "Domino effect" if UK leave with hard brexit and it comes out well could happen that other countries want to leave EU but, if UK leave and doesn't come well, the other countries will choose to stay in EU.
I don't believe you understand this fully Gossamer.

First part yes. If/when the UK leaves then other Exits are imho pretty much certain. They will take time, people in member states might have to fight hard for their referendums, the EU will likely do their level best to prevent member states having referendums so it will involve lots of political change, citizens voting for extreme parties who will guarantee they get a referendum etc. Regardless there is no doubt in my mind that other countries DO want to leave and WILL ultimately leave over the coming years.

On your second part, if the UK leaves and is seen to struggle because of the BS authoritarian actions of the EU in not giving us any decent Withdrawal deal, then the other nations will rush to their own Exit door faster imho. In short they will see that membership of this club is actually not a great thing because the club members seek to brutally punish anyone from leaving. Further they will doubtless see that rules will be changed to make it far far more difficult for any member state to leave in the future. So they will need to get out as fast as possible before the door is locked behind them and they find themselves irrevocably trapped.

Either way the EU is in trouble. The simple fact that BrExit exists at all is testimony that the EU is in dire trouble. It's an embarrassment to the EU. It exposes the fact that their little empire has become untenable, that one of it's primary member states wants to leave it.

The damage has already been done to the EU via the referendum result to Leave. The ship is sinking. You can bravely sink with it, or get out before it is too late.
Gossamer
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by PilgrimOfTruth)
I don't believe you understand this fully Gossamer.

First part yes. If/when the UK leaves then other Exits are imho pretty much certain. They will take time, people in member states might have to fight hard for their referendums, the EU will likely do their level best to prevent member states having referendums so it will involve lots of political change, citizens voting for extreme parties who will guarantee they get a referendum etc. Regardless there is no doubt in my mind that other countries DO want to leave and WILL ultimately leave over the coming years.

On your second part, if the UK leaves and is seen to struggle because of the BS authoritarian actions of the EU in not giving us any decent Withdrawal deal, then the other nations will rush to their own Exit door faster imho. In short they will see that membership of this club is actually not a great thing because the club members seek to brutally punish anyone from leaving. Further they will doubtless see that rules will be changed to make it far far more difficult for any member state to leave in the future. So they will need to get out as fast as possible before the door is locked behind them and they find themselves irrevocably trapped.

Either way the EU is in trouble. The simple fact that BrExit exists at all is testimony that the EU is in dire trouble. It's an embarrassment to the EU. It exposes the fact that their little empire has become untenable, that one of it's primary member states wants to leave it.

The damage has already been done to the EU via the referendum result to Leave. The ship is sinking. You can bravely sink with it, or get out before it is too late.
I can't understand the thoughts of the england people because i'm not a england and i not live there so i only can give an opinion like a Spaniard.

Yes, this scene will can be but the UE isn't stupid. If this happen the EU media won't inform about or they will manipulate the informations.
So i hope that the England people inform to the rest of EU countries this situation it will happen.

In any case the UK is the first country in EU who decided to leave the ship, so many countries in EU we will be attentive of the consequences.
I would like to add this picture. (Is an opinion of satirical magazine of Spain called "El jueves" In english The thursday)

IN THE TEXT: She persisted in driving on the left and on top of that she wants to do a friendly part!

Name:  DSC_0037.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  185.6 KB
Vinny C
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by paul514)
It doesn’t affect Europe as a whole it’s mostly half a dozen countries that trade a lot with us.
Who will either be happy to go without or source elsewhere... now let me see...
ChrisChristian
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It will affect mostly Germany Ireland and Holland a No deal Brexit
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I can't understand the thoughts of the england people because i'm not a england and i not live there so i only can give an opinion like a Spaniard.

Yes, this scene will can be but the UE isn't stupid. If this happen the EU media won't inform about or they will manipulate the informations.
So i hope that the England people inform to the rest of EU countries this situation it will happen.

In any case the UK is the first country in EU who decided to leave the ship, so many countries in EU we will be attentive of the consequences.
I would like to add this picture. (Is an opinion of satirical magazine of Spain called "El jueves" In english The thursday)

IN THE TEXT: She persisted to driving in the left and on top of that she wants to do a friendly part!

Name:  DSC_0037.jpg
To correct your near perfect English... she persisted in driving on the left...

Last edited by Vinny C; 1 week ago
Gossamer
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thank you Vinny C. I going to edit it.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

IN THE TEXT: She persisted in driving on the left and on top of that she wants to do a friendly part!

.Name:  DSC_0037.jpg
Is that really what passes as humour in Spain? Sorry Gossamer maybe it's all in the translation.
Also when chatting with Vinny please bear in mind that he is what we would say in the UK, a sandwich short of a picnic.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
Oh I understand that but the bit you seem to be missing is the landlord needs the Tennant as much as the Tennant needs the landlord
Let's see... the EU is the landlord, he has 28 tenants and ONE of them is causing trouble for all the others. I don't think he's likely to miss the troublemaker too much. Nice analogy, thanks.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vinny C)
Let's see... the EU is the landlord, he has 28 tenants and ONE of them is causing trouble for all the others. I don't think he's likely to miss the troublemaker too much. Nice analogy, thanks.
Nice try not what I said. Reread and try again.

BTW Vinny have you ever ran a business?
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Vinny C)
The problem is that the landlord is a bit of a tyrannical ******** and all the other tenants are scared of him.
Gossamer
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ColinDent)
Is that really what passes as humour in Spain? Sorry Gossamer maybe it's all in the translation.
Also when chatting with Vinny please bear in mind that he is what we would say in the UK, a sandwich short of a picnic.
Ok i try to explain you...
First: The majority of countries drive on the right.
Second: In Spain when you have an accident with a car and in this accident there are two or more cars involved the owners of the cars decide to do a "friendly part" that it is a paper that you send to the insurance companies who will pay the damages of the cars. If you don't this friendly part you must pay the damages with your money.
I believe that the friendly part is like "both parties" in UK

I don't understand this expression is like mad or stupid? Well, this user corrected to me the translation and i am grateful for that.

And sorry for my bad english again... :sigh:
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ColinDent)
The problem is that the landlord is a bit of a tyrannical ******** and all the other tenants are scared of him.
From what I gather... the other tenants are just as pissed off with the problem tenant as he is. We seem to be back into your fantasy mode.

Notice it says 'supporting it' and not 'winning it'. Plan would have worked otherwise... oops!
Last edited by Vinny C; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (49)
9.37%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.68%
No, but I want to start (188)
35.95%
No, I am unable to (122)
23.33%
No, I chose not to (150)
28.68%