Criminalis
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I visited the uni and it doesn't seem like there are any supermarkets nearby but I could be wrong. How do you shop for necessities at uni?
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
There is (was?) a small co-op at the top of the campus which will have probably most of the essentials. There are also supermarkets in the Portswood area, which is a short walk away (south of the campus). You can get the bus into the city centre and back again if you wanted as well, and there's always the option of online grocery deliveries.
nutz99
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
There is a huge Asda in the City Centre and a big Sainsburys in Portswood, both of which you can get to by bus - I assume you know that if you are in halls you get a free bus pass.

If you are in Wessex Lane you have a small Co-Op and a McDonalds just around the corner, and a Tesco Express not much further. If you're in Glen Eyre then the small Co-Op mentioned above will be your closest.

Portswood is where most of the 2nd and 3rd years stay so the area tends to cater to students. Lots of buses run down there from halls or uni. There's a KFC, Iceland, Waitrose (if you can afford it), Boots, loads of takeaways and pubs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (103)
34.11%
No I don't (138)
45.7%
I work during the holidays (61)
20.2%

Watched Threads