Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I recently got my results for my mocks

Maths-C
Chemistry-C
Physics-D

And i'm just feeling really down cause i hoped i would of got better grades like ABB or something, plus my teachers just say that i'm gonna stay at the same grade and not move higher up.
At this point i honestly lost all motivation to revise and put in hard work, Any tips on how to deal with self-centered teachers and to actually improve my grades overtime.

So right now i've got about 95 days left until my actual exams and im hoping to revise for about 5 hours a day just to bump up CCD to AAB, some of my teachers say it's unrealistic but i just don't know who to believe right now.

Any response will be much appreciated.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Novam the proton)

Maths-C
Chemistry-C
Physics-D

And i'm just feeling really down cause i hoped i would of got better grades like ABB or something, plus my teachers just say that i'm gonna stay at the same grade and not move higher up.
At this point i honestly lost all motivation to revise and put in hard work, Any tips on how to deal with self-centered teachers and to actually improve my grades overtime.

So right now i've got about 95 days left until my actual exams and im hoping to revise for about 5 hours a day just to bump up CCD to AAB, some of my teachers say it's unrealistic but i just don't know who to believe right now.

Are you in the UK or international?
Its harder to improve with international A levels as your AS counts as 50% although you can resit.
Assuming you are in the UK/England and Wales, then:

After feeling sorry for yourself today, then realise it doesnt score marks, so if you do nothing you wont improve.
You can make a difference though and get higher grades. Your task is to id where you lost marks and then learnt how you lost them and how toget them. It is either:

1. Bits of the material you dont understand. That means teaching it yourself, texbooks + notes+ teachers+ youtube.
2. You know the material, but you arent applying it properly = workbooks and past exam practice.

Just get determined and work really organised and hard for the next 95 days i.e do your best in the time left and then thats all you cna do. No regrets. the better you are at plugging the gaps and becoming more effective in imporving then giving the answer they want, the better your grade will be. Dont burn out be organised and dont forget to look after your mh and physical health. Cut out wasted time so soemtimes it about smarter and not longer. GL.
ericthesheep
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Novam the proton)

Maths-C
Chemistry-C
Physics-D

If your teachers are not giving constructive criticism, then ignore it. It is possible to pull your grades up with the right mindset and efficient revision.

I would look and see where you went wrong in those papers and highlight any topics you are struggling with. I would suggest you prioritise these and start revising them first. I think examsolutions.net is good for maths help - there are tutorials on there and also past papers. Also, don't be afraid to ask teachers for a little bit of help on the subjects you find the toughest, if not your class teacher, then maybe someone else in the department who you like?

Constantly do past papers and evaluate where you are going wrong. Then revise these topics and do some relaxed questions.

If you feel you can do 5 hours a day, go for it. Make sure you take breaks in between, and acknowledge that there will be some days where info just won't get in your head (that's no reason to panic, you just need to relax or you'll burn out).

Best of luck with your A-Levels!
ericthesheep
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
P.S. don't get too disheartened by grades. The whole point of them is for you to learn from it and improve
Glitch2417
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I can relate to this quite a bit as I just recently received my mock results back and achieved: B, C and a D. You need to know that the reason mocks done at this time of the year is so that we are able to improve our grade for the summer. It also scares a lot of students into kick-starting revision. My sister achieved A, B, C in her mocks last year and at the end achieved A*, A, A - the constructive criticism and determination allowed her to achieve such fantastic grades. Keep on doing past papers and exam questions, try not to burn yourself out as you can easily do that with so much revision and try to stay as motivated as you can. I really hope this can be consolidating in some way - Good luck with your exams!
Inour
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Try doing 'physics and maths tutors' papers on each topic. In my Y12 mocks, for physics, I got 18/75 and 20 something/75 on the 2017 p1 and p2 so when we had mocks again in y13 I did all the AS pamt papers and got 42 marks on the 2018 p1. Although thats still not a lot but its improvement so yh it really helps. For maths, see which of pure, stats or mechanics thats the worst and work on it (maybe do the mixed exercises in the text book). Currently I'm going over stats again because i get the worst marks on it.
Last edited by Inour; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (180)
14.5%
I'm not sure (57)
4.59%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (367)
29.57%
I have already dropped out (36)
2.9%
I'm not a current university student (601)
48.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed