Poll: Who should be elected to seat 27?
Koalifications, endorsed by the TSR Conservative and Unionist Party (25)
40.32%
Hazzer1998, Independent candidate (0)
0%
ap.ferro, Independent candidate (2)
3.23%
_gcx, endorsed by the TSR Libertarian Party (6)
9.68%
04MR17, endorsed by the TSR Liberal Democrats (27)
43.55%
Spoilt ballot (2)
3.23%
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Model House of Commons By-Election: Voting

I have received five manifestos for the vacant seat 27. This election will be decided by simple first-past-the-post.

All TSR users may vote, provided their account is at least 3 months old and has made at least 100 TSR posts. If you think you should be able to vote but can't, please send a postal vote by PM to both me and the Deputy Speaker, CatusStarbright, so that these can be properly verified.

The party's and candidates' manifestos are listed below. Please bear in mind that in this election you may only vote for a single party or candidate.

Koalifications, endorsed by the TSR Conservative and Unionist Party

Hazzer1998, Independent candidate

ap.ferro, Independent candidate
I'm AP Ferro. Here is my manifesto to help get Britain back on track.

- Legalise marijuana and tax it
- Re-legalise handguns and semi automatic rifles
- Nationalise utility services
- Nationalise public transport
- Nationalise charities
- Nationalise the Church of England
- Recognise Palestine as a state
- Introduce work camp based prison systems. Prisoners will work on agriculture to help boost the economy and gain qualifications. They would sleep in the open under army surplus tents. Old prisons would be converted to homeless and social housing
- Under 18s carrying a knife will automatically face a prison sentence
- End mass surveillance
- Scrap Trident
- Reduce money spent on Royals and sieze certain Royal assets
- Formulate new trade deals with Russia, China and the US
- Introduce low taxes for British startups that pledge to invest in local facilities and boost the economy
- Charge severly obese people who are not obese for any medical reason a small fee to use NHS.
- Introduce high quality MH care
- Ban suspected gang members from social media
- Discourage single parents from having children
- Introduce higher taxes to the mega rich to pay for NHS, social housing etc
- Introduce a foreign policy of noninterventionism
- Limit net migration to 10K per year
- Close military bases in Qatar, Bahrain, Singapore, Canada
- Introduce a small £10 charge everytime a obese person (if they do not have a pre-existing medical conditioN) every time they want to use NHS services to help combat obesity
- Ban gender changing services from NHS
- Create a free trade area with non EU countries to have a direct deal with the EU
- Make mental health lessons compulsory in schools
- Give every school a counsellor
- Introduce LTEZs (Low Tax Economic Zones). A LTEZ is a “zone” located in various strategic locations in cities and towns where economic growth is forecasted. The concept of an LTEZ would be to encourage British companies and potentially foreign investors to invest in the UK, and pay much less tax than a normal company would providing they guaranteed “X” number of jobs and X % of growth to the UK economy. It would also be expected they invested in the local area, providing facilities such as affordable housing, and investing in transport, healthcare and education.

The aim of an LTEZ would be to promote the UK as an attractive place for investors whilst maintaining the WUP’s position of prioritising social welfare. LTEZs would contribute to the economy whilst also allowing investment in local infrastructure to benefit the local population.

LTEZs would be designed for removing the current London centred economy and helping other cities develop. London is currently a primate city - and it is highly likely it will remain so due to it's massive population. But LTEZs would diversify industry and business so that other cities can grow and provide thousands of jobs. For those companies that would want to invest in the UK but would like a London HQ for example, this would be possible, but a LTEZ in London may be centred on the outskirts of London where there is slow growth and investment.

- Consider withdrawing from NATO or reduce NATO spending

_gcx, endorsed by the TSR Libertarian Party

04MR17, endorsed by the TSR Liberal Democrats

04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

VOTE FOR 04MR17
The Sensible Choice.

It's a shame to see other eligible parties copying and pasting previous party manifestos and adding a name in.
Last edited by 04MR17; 1 year ago
Mr T 999
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So hazzer stole our manifesto policies lol
Connor27
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Elect _gcx, also I will be approaching the CT regarding Hazzer’s electoral plagiarism which I am incredibly disappointed to see Fez endorse.
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Voted for 04MR17
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Intriguing, the "true libertarian" appears to have *exactly* the same policies as the libertarian party so maybe they should just vote for that party and join it... Oh, wait
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 04MR17)

VOTE FOR 04MR17
The Sensible Choice.

It's a shame to see other eligible parties copying and pasting previous party manifestos and adding a name in.
Meanwhile they have some specific policies rather than vaguely being against something
Connor27
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
TeeEff Can action be taken against Hazzer for the clear plagiarism here? He has copied our party colours, copy and pasted the policies from our last manifesto to a T and even claimed the libertarian brand falsely to himself.

This is akin to Jacob’s previous Lib Dem Party stunt (not surprising, since we all know that Jacob really wrote his manifesto for him.) and that action warranted a D&CA strike, I believe the same punishment should be meted out here.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Connor27)
TeeEff Can action be taken against Hazzer for the clear plagiarism here? He has copied our party colours, copy and pasted the policies from our last manifesto to a T and even claimed the libertarian brand falsely to himself.

This is akin to Jacob’s previous Lib Dem Party stunt (not surprising, since we all know that Jacob really wrote his manifesto for him.) and that action warranted a D&CA strike, I believe the same punishment should be meted out here.
Shut up already and stop being salty over somebody being salty, Fez has already told you no, and that the two are not comparable.
Mainline421
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Another vote for MR from me.
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
Meanwhile they have some specific policies rather than vaguely being against something
If by "they" you mean the parties, because the individuals concerned don't actually post anything in the way of an opinion then I agree with you.
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My manifesto, with an added picture of my avatar...
Last edited by 04MR17; 1 year ago
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Voted for 04MR17
(Original post by Mainline421)
Another vote for MR from me.
Thanks guys.:ta:
Saunders16
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have voted for MR, the best candidate in this by-election.

I am disappointed to see Hazzer's manifesto, but I am equally disappointed to see the immature reaction of a certain party leader. Stop moaning.
Connor27
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Saunders16)
I have voted for MR, the best candidate in this by-election.

I am disappointed to see Hazzer's manifesto, but I am equally disappointed to see the immature reaction of a certain party leader. Stop moaning.
I am sure you’ll be a paragon of statesmanship and virtue with no moaning in sight when I instruct a friend to create a ‘TSR Labour Party’ independent account with a carbon copy of your manifesto in the next general election then
Saunders16
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am sure you’ll be a paragon of statesmanship and virtue with no moaning in sight when I instruct a friend to create a ‘TSR Labour Party’ independent account with a carbon copy of your manifesto in the next general election then
Sure, if you can actually find someone sad enough to do that.
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Since when was "Hazzer" a mainstream UK political party?
(Google says no)

I'd suggest you stop focusing on questions of rules and use this thread to discuss the actual candidates on display. Or rather the names attached to party manifestos in several cases.
ap.ferro
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey guys, Remember to watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NndiMOehKj0
- my campaign video

Submit reply
Saunders16
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
_gcx

I understand views can change, but do you really believe in this manifesto?
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I didn't realise that Haz was standing as "TSR Libertarian Party", or do you believe that the party has a monopoly on the ideas presented in the manifesto, in which case you might want to reassess the content as many of the policies have been proposed before. Civil Liberties has to go, most of the other section has to go, economic and brexit only gets to stay because I haven't gone indie recently enough.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (479)
66.53%
No (241)
33.47%

Watched Threads