crg12165
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
For my first car im looking to spend about 750 quid. (I know, this will get you some cheap motoring) I have narrowed my options down to:

Mk4 golf 1.4s (group 9)
Mk4 golf 1.6 (group 13)
2004 Honda civic type s 1.4 (group 9)
2005- 2007 Peugeot 307 1.6 convertible (group 14)

The reliability for the golf and the Peugeot is still at the back of my head due to the golf getting older and it's known engine light issues and definetly the Peugeot hence the make and the prices (£600) for a covertible 10 year old car. The Honda civic would seem the way to go but if anyone has any experience or heard about these cars is greatly appreciate it. Thanks
Jamie w 47
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi mate, as my first car at 17 I have a mk4 1.4s it's pretty slow in a straight line but mine has fk coilovers and alloys with performance tires so round corners there are none of my mates cars that can get anywhere near it. With a performance air filter cams and a remap can be faster than the 1.6
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
Hi..... I am 18 now and got my first car last year.
I would say get a bike instead.... I mean can you even get a car for 750 quid? I won't feel safe driving it lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (572)
34.35%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (684)
41.08%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (334)
20.06%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise