Anxiety at College Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello,

I currently go to the Birmingham College of Food and I study professional cookery. Every two Fridays, I get to work in one of the restaurant kitchens, its the more, table d'hote restaurant we run. Whilst I acknowledge that this is fantastic experience, I struggle to enjoy it as my anxiety takes over. The night before (Like tonight) I worry and my stomach turns (Its even worse on the morning of the day). In my head, I keep darting back and forward between 'Its all going to be good!' to 'I am absolutely terrified.' The chefs support us and especially me since I raised the issue with my tutor and with the student services mental health department. I'm getting to the point of not knowing what to do anymore. I'm desperately trying not be anxious but I cannot not think about it in the days before. I'm receiving support from the college but I still find myself being worried about it. I often overthink it and then the things I worry about, never happen! Does anyone have any advice?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (216)
60%
No (144)
40%

Watched Threads