What to write for what I did last weekend ? Watch

luisar04
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I need to write a paragraph my an assessment in French on what I did last weekend, any help on what to say that isnt the usual generic stuff. I’m really struggling!
xlover_pie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by luisar04)
I need to write a paragraph my an assessment in French on what I did last weekend, any help on what to say that isnt the usual generic stuff. I’m really struggling!
Hi, I did German GCSE but more or less the same exam. Just remember the examiner doesn't know what you did last weekend so just make some random crap up. Maybe stuff about how you went to a bowling alley or to the cinema. Maybe your exam version of you has some fancy job so say you had to go to work.

Hope this helps
jostephens
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi, if you're looking for something super impressive, it's called the pluperfect tense. It sounds complicated but when you translate it exactly, it's the same way we'd say it in English

An example: Le weekend dernier, je suis sorti(e) avec mes ami(e)s, mais si j'avais eu l'occasion, j'aurais joue(joue as in the past tense with an acute accent - I don't have a French keyboard) au foot.

It means: Last weekend, I went out with my friends, but if I had had the opportunity, I would have played football.

Sorry for the missing accents in the French sentence, but I can't be bothered fiddling around with the keyboard to get them.

I hope it helped!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Humanities; Department of Drama, Theatre and Performance; Department of Social Sciences; Department of English and Creative Writing Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (72)
60%
No (48)
40%

Watched Threads