Anxiety Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Me and the other two people in my german class were set cover work as our teacher was not in the lesson today. We read the instructions she left and did everything we thought we had to do and then left (early) because she said she wouldn't be back and we thought we'd done everything. She came back early and then messaged us angrily asking why we left early and then checked we had done everything. We accidentally misread the instructions and missed a bit and she was understandably annoyed and said "That's not fair guys" She's german and she can come across quite aggressively when she isn't sometimes but this event has made me anxious all day. I hate being bad and I genuinely made a human error of misreading the instructions and obviously I will do the work at home. But i feel so bad and cannot focus on anything else it is making me so anxious.

Anyone got any ideas to ease my anxiety? Ik its my fault but what can I do?
lula7464
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You gotta remember that the teacher isn't going to take it personally. She may be annoyed but this isn't about her being offended or you intending to be rude. By your next lesson, she'll probably just reiterate that she's annoyed but then you'll all move on.
It's good you're doing the work at home and I'm sure that'll only go in your favour.
I know what's it's like to be feeling like this - less than a year, this was exactly me but it's alright to mess up sometimes and you didn't hurt anyone, nor did you intend to!
I hope you feel a little less stressed about it all - pm me if you want as it can get overwhelming
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by lula7464)
You gotta remember that the teacher isn't going to take it personally. She may be annoyed but this isn't about her being offended or you intending to be rude. By your next lesson, she'll probably just reiterate that she's annoyed but then you'll all move on.
It's good you're doing the work at home and I'm sure that'll only go in your favour.
I know what's it's like to be feeling like this - less than a year, this was exactly me but it's alright to mess up sometimes and you didn't hurt anyone, nor did you intend to!
I hope you feel a little less stressed about it all - pm me if you want as it can get overwhelming
Thank you i'm feeling a bit calmer now and I know I am probably overreacting but I just hate to let people down or know that they are angry at me. But you're right she'll probably mention it again and then hopfully move on from it and that's that :/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (217)
60.11%
No (144)
39.89%

Watched Threads