English Language A Level Paper 3 - Investigating Language Watch

hannahlouise444
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Is anyone else studying for Paper 3 English Language, the investigation that we got given pre release materials?
Last edited by hannahlouise444; 1 week ago
KitCat37
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I am. I have been trying to find a past paper to use but apparently you need an edexcel account to download them. I have practically no idea what we are supposed to be doing. Any ideas on where to find past papers? Maybe we could help each other?
hannahlouise444
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
hey! I have found past papers for the paper 3, but I find it so hard because obvs what we are doing is so different to what’s been done like I know it’s examples at least but still finding it so hard... what topic from the pre release material are you studying?
KitCat37
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by hannahlouise444)
hey! I have found past papers for the paper 3, but I find it so hard because obvs what we are doing is so different to what’s been done like I know it’s examples at least but still finding it so hard... what topic from the pre release material are you studying?
I know right? I just wanted an idea of what sort of questions would be asked but you can't get a full idea as it changes every year. We are being taught things for gender identity and dialect but for my investigation, I'm hoping to do gender identity and superhero comics. What about you?
hannahlouise444
Rep:
?
Yeah!!!! And I started off with doing that one but struggling so much like I’ve never read a comic before so is so hard for me... I changed to the behaviour management one
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
KitCat37
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah!!!! And I started off with doing that one but struggling so much like I’ve never read a comic before so is so hard for me... I changed to the behaviour management one
Neither have I but I find it really interesting and there's a site a friend of mine found i think that you can read them on. Have you started tour investigation then? We're still being taught about georgie dialect which is so boring by the way in my opinion and gender identity. Apparently we get to actually do the investigation after half term. We just had an assessment on dialect and have another on fender tomorrow. We got a sheet on how to anser the questions. I could show you if you'd like?
hannahlouise444
Rep:
?
Yeah we started it as soon as the pre release materials came out the first week of January! But I’m hating the superhero stuff so changed ) yes please I would like to see it!!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
KitCat37
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah we started it as soon as the pre release materials came out the first week of January! But I’m hating the superhero stuff so changed ) yes please I would like to see it!!
You're so lucky! I wish we could start it already. Instead we have to research Geordie dialect and I hate it. We've been doing it since the materials came out and I've had to do an essay on it even though I'm never going to use it again. I'll send you pictures of the sheet we got in a bit. Can't send it right now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Material Futures Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Feb '19
  • University of Brighton
    Health and clinical practice + health professions + hospitality, tourism and events + journalism + sport and exercise Postgraduate
    Tue, 26 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (97)
14.85%
Yes - a food allergy (71)
10.87%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (16)
2.45%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (18)
2.76%
No (451)
69.07%

Watched Threads