Is this a weird side interest?

Watch
Ryanthom100
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I study computer science but for a few months now have been gaining interest in nanotechnology and how it can be used to treat cancer. Is this an interest I should keep up and if I wanted to learn more about it where would be the best place to start learning from the ground up?
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Have whatever side interests you want, knowing stuff is cool.

If you're at uni you could see if ur library's got any related resources on the topic.
RazzzBerries
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey, it's my pen-appriciating friend! Hi :rofl:

Defo, that sounds so cool!
Ryanthom100
Rep:
?
(Original post by Retired_Messiah)
Have whatever side interests you want, knowing stuff is cool.

If you're at uni you could see if ur library's got any related resources on the topic.
Oh they have tonnes, I just don't know where to start lol
Ryanthom100
Rep:
?
(Original post by RazzzBerries)
Hey, it's my pen-appriciating friend! Hi :rofl:

Defo, that sounds so cool!
Oh hey, sorry i don't get much time so i hardly read ur blog but well done for keeping it up and i hope life is going well for u
And okay yeah haha good to know it ain't weird
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I've got a lot of friends interested in nanotech.
Nothing weird.
There seems to be a lot of potential uses in medical treatment, health diagnosis, engineering and environmentalism.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Not as weird as my side interest of cracking one out to pictures of bowel operations.
Ryanthom100
Rep:
?
(Original post by londonmyst)
I've got a lot of friends interested in nanotech.
Nothing weird.
There seems to be a lot of potential uses in medical treatment, health diagnosis, engineering and environmentalism.
Yeah it just seems so facinating as it truly seems like the best thing to research into for treating cancer
kittykat7333
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Nanotechnology is cool af! That's definitely an interest that's going to be very valuable to have knowledge of in the not so distant future
Have you read the books Micro and Prey by Michael Crichton? They're fiction but both heavily involve a lot of science and the use of nanotechnology in a fairly realistic way, Prey more so than Micro.
Prey is about nanotech with artificial intelligence and it's use in genetic engineering whilst Micro is about nanotech being used in the medical world
If you're interested in nanotechnology then I'd definitely recommend you read them
Ryanthom100
Rep:
?
(Original post by kittykat7333)
Nanotechnology is cool af! That's definitely an interest that's going to be very valuable to have knowledge of in the not so distant future
Have you read the books Micro and Prey by Michael Crichton? They're fiction but both heavily involve a lot of science and the use of nanotechnology in a fairly realistic way, Prey more so than Micro.
Prey is about nanotech with artificial intelligence and it's use in genetic engineering whilst Micro is about nanotech being used in the medical world
If you're interested in nanotechnology then I'd definitely recommend you read them
Siiiiick thanks for the recommendations, the problem i was having was knowing where to start off with. But i think i will just check a bunch of books out including the ones u just recommended and then just start reading one of them which i am most interested in
YaliaV
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by gjd800)
Not as weird as my side interest of cracking one out to pictures of bowel operations.
You win
Ryanthom100
Rep:
?
(Original post by YaliaV)
You win
Lmao i didn't even notice that reply till now
Georges Martinez
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ryanthom100)
I study computer science but for a few months now have been gaining interest in nanotechnology and how it can be used to treat cancer. Is this an interest I should keep up and if I wanted to learn more about it where would be the best place to start learning from the ground up?
i study medicine and i really like it so if you are interested in this follow your dream you will not regret it
RazzzBerries
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ryanthom100)
Oh hey, sorry i don't get much time so i hardly read ur blog but well done for keeping it up and i hope life is going well for u
And okay yeah haha good to know it ain't weird
No, don't worry! It's really random and uninteresting, you're not missing out on much
Back at you!
Yeah, that's really cool! If it interests you then go for it!
alan55
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm also interested in nanotechnologies. I always check articles in international scientific journals and I don't see anything wrong with that. Now so long ago I found info about MST Nanomaterials Research & Nanomaterials Production company, they are international leading nanomaterials producers and researchers of this material of the new generation high-tech materials on the market. I think with their help nanotechnology will change the way engineers solve problems in the future.
Last edited by alan55; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (68)
61.82%
No (42)
38.18%

Watched Threads